NameSilo

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I got tiiny.com a long while back but haven't really done much with it...
How does one go about getting a good price? Any indication on how much it would be worth?

I thought it would be good for a mobile content site, or maybe even a URL shortening site...
tiiny.com

•••
My 5 .com domains :

Ettac (*) com
Otean (*) com
Sacue (*) com
Retaa (*) com

•••
•••
TDNAM yesterday

hasbo.com $635
scudo.com $1,055

•••
I've got..

Abple.com
Aebok.com
Ailum.com
Alcow.com
Aleox.com
Amsho.com
Aphal.com
Aubek.com
Auete.com
Aukeo.com
Axiah.com
Ayath.com
Bhebo.com
Cazek.com
Cebts.com
Ceoye.com
Clebi.com
Enelm.com
Eveor.com
Ghezo.com
Giath.com
Giccy.com
Ixare.com
Janau.com
Kimeh.com
Kulmo.com
Knorb.com
Minqo.com
Mexir.com
Meoyo.com
Meyoh.com
Nimvu.com
Nedya.com
Oraul.com
Porux.com
Qlory.com
Rakua.com
Sheor.com
Somja.com
Syazo.com
Skeom.com
Thurg.com
Tonua.com
Tuvat.com
Twewy.com
Wabeo.com
Wopun.com
Xaiga.com
Xeloy.com
Xiden.com
Xivik.com
Xubat.com
Zavok.com
Zexet.com
Ziurk.com

•••
I dropped all of mine but these:

BAGSO
BISDO
CARVA
CODOG
EJOES
EPHAT
GIHOE
INKJR
QUAVO
TOYIS
UTOON
YTOON

•••
5 letter listings on eBay - too good to be true?

Hi guys, I am new to domaining and to NamePros. I hope this is the right thread. If not, I apologize.

I have seen a bunch of decent pronounceable 5 letter domains for sale on eBay for low prices, anywhere from $.57 to $25. I am wondering why anyone would sell them this low and if there is a hidden scam that I am not savvy enough to have spotted?

Any advice you give would be greatly appreciated!

•••
Hi guys, I am new to domaining and to NamePros. I hope this is the right thread. If not, I apologize.

I have seen a bunch of decent pronounceable 5 letter domains for sale on eBay for low prices, anywhere from $.57 to $25. I am wondering why anyone would sell them this low and if there is a hidden scam that I am not savvy enough to have spotted?

Any advice you give would be greatly appreciated!

No, there is no scam. I personally sold a lot of 5 letter brandable domains on ebay in the past in the price range of 10 to 100 dollars. One of my domains sold for 380 dollars (5 letter on ebay but these are execptions on ebay. Usually they sell in this price range 20$ - 50$ there - There are a lot of such domains around. And you can find a lot free to register too. Send me a PM if you need some or need help to find some to register.

•••
I dropped all of mine but these:

BAGSO
BISDO
CARVA
CODOG
EJOES
EPHAT
GIHOE
INKJR
QUAVO
TOYIS
UTOON
YTOON

CARVA is a real good one.

•••
Cool, thanks very much! I am trying to learn everything I can about this and I haven't yet developed a gut instinct. I've read articles about how impossible it is to find a good 5 letter domain and then I saw one I liked on eBay for a low price and wasn't sure what to believe.

•••
Registered B*E*H*U*S.COM
What do you think about it?

•••
Grabbed "GEDDU" the other day.

•••
hybriddomainer.com/2012/04/five-lettercom-sales-for-the-first-quarter-of-2012.htm - Every 5 letter .com sale reported to Dn Journal for the Q1/2012

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The 5 letter.com 1st quarter of 2012 report is out just click link in signature line.

There were 107 reported to DN Journal with Frame.com being the highest at $148,000 of course words are generally not what someone is talking about with the 5 letter criteria as they have their own inherent value.

•••
Picked up Halts dot com a couple months ago, not really sure what it can be used for. Stop smoking maybe?

•••
Picked up Halts dot com a couple months ago, not really sure what it can be used for. Stop smoking maybe?

Dan, it could also be used as a drug rehab site. that niche is doing pretty well!

•••

It could be used for many things but best that I can think of now, would be a company which makes "braking systems".

If you picked it cheaply, then you could have a valuable domain there.

•••
got egbee(.)com today
kinda liked the sound of it ;)
Afterwards I found out it's hungarian for heaven

•••
I wrote a post related to 5L sales.

mwzd.com/domain-names/best-sales-platform-brandable-5l-com/

Let me know what you think!

•••
I wrote a post related to 5L sales.

mwzd.com/domain-names/best-sales-platform-brandable-5l-com/

Let me know what you think!

nice post. thanks for the analysis. seams like most 5L names are sold at godaddy, but sedo has the higher prices. if you are happy with xxx , then godaddy might be the better place.

•••
***KYPAD(.)COM***

Just Like KeyPad

•••
BhutJ.com - Deadly hot pepper also known as the ghost pepper. I'm proud of this hand reg!

AByke.com - Another hand

PCalm.com I like this one too.

They are my personal favourites

I also have

Syeko.com (sounds like physcho)

Fibuz.com

Abiog.com

Is it best to sit on these and hope that someone one day comes to me for a purchase???

•••
•••
NameJet:

guike.com $11,900

chinese guys all over the auction

regards,
tonecas

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back