Domain Empire

LLLLL.com (5 Letter) Sales and discussion thread

Spaceship
Watch

GlobalDomainer

Account Closed
Impact
Hi guys,

Like anyone of you, I am always searching for new trends. For the last 18 months I went really deep into the LLLL. I placed my bets, and now only have to wait for all them 4 letters to be :sold:

So I was thinking. What would be a nice new niche for me to get into? My answer after some thinking and testing is actually quite simple. I decided to invest in quality LLLLL coms. I know I know, it is not actually a new trend and not really a niche. But I tell you, these 5 letter domains can become big business in some time :imho:

Why? Because quality 5 letter domains are extremely brandable. Lots of startups there looking for a brandable short name, especially the web 2.0 based ones. Quality 5 letter domains generate also natural type in traffic as I experienced myself. And ofcourse, it is dotcom based, the only safe bet you can make I believe.

I also believe that not all 5 letter dotcoms will be sold shortly, maybe they will never be. You really need to have quality names. But that is also a question I have for you. What is a quality name in this niche?

So maybe we can make this thread a bit sticky and share thoughts and experiences in developing this part of the domain market.

Oh yeah, just to share this with you. I recently acquired sygar, lyned, jebia, sebod, pifab, pobit, samau and penep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was looking at sales here and was wondering if you could explain the meaning of some of the combinations that sold for more than minimum:
For example:

qydbw.com 250 yuan

cost more than

mmnnm.com 200 yuan

What made the first one a nice combination? Thank you.
w =wang=网= net =Web site

•••
•••
the price was flying.

Attachments

• QQ图片20151109171530.png
    QQ图片20151109171530.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 39
  • QQ图片20151109171608.png
    QQ图片20151109171608.png
    15 KB · Views: 38
•••
•••
•••
Anyone know how many are left?

•••
•••
•••
I put approx. 200 names to search availability, and I found half of them are available...... number of non-Chinese premium is higher.

•••
I put approx. 200 names to search availability, and I found half of them are available...... number of non-Chinese premium is higher.
With just 200 domains, you can't conclude result for 3.2 million domains. :)

•••
Yes, I can't conclude, but I can guess the market....

•••
And please don't ignore the word "approx." in my previous post.

•••
IMO No one can even guess the market by scanning only 200 domains out of 3.2 million. We need someone to do the whole scanning. ;)

•••
•••
IMO No one can even guess the market by scanning only 200 domains out of 3.2 million. We need someone to do the whole scanning. ;)
Generate all 5L combinations, put your list in a text editor, get frustrated because your text editor chokes on them for a few minutes, shuffle 8 times, check the first 8,888 names and it should show approximate percentage, +/- a few %

•••
Generate all 5L combinations, put your list in a text editor, get frustrated because your text editor chokes on them for a few minutes, shuffle 8 times, check the first 8,888 names and it should show approximate percentage, +/- a few %

The first 8888 domains will all start with a few 0's so the sample won't be good :xf.grin:

•••
Oops soory...messed the threads...was reading a NNNNN thread :)

•••
What if we want to know exact number of available Chinese Premium 5Ls? :xf.grin:

•••
•••
•••
It will only take a few weeks, no biggie :P

•••

You can if you do it truly randomly. Have excel randomly select from 1 to 20 for each of the 5 columns and then check them for availability. Results should be +/-4% accurate. If you do around 1000, even more accurate.

•••
You can if you do it truly randomly. Have excel randomly select from 1 to 20 for each of the 5 columns and then check them for availability. Results should be +/-4% accurate. If you do around 1000, even more accurate.
Agreed but even if we randomize we need at least 0.5 to 1 percent of 3.2 million which is 16K to 32K before we can see any clear picture. Just my opinion though.

•••
no, you don't.
Most opinion polls are done with around 1000 respondents or less even in a country with 300 million population.

•••
no, you don't.
Most opinion polls are done with around 1000 respondents or less even in a country with 300 million population.
Let's stop this topic. We all have our own opinion. If you think you can get idea of how many Chinese premium 5L.com are available scanning 1000 of them, do it. Best of Luck. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back