IT.COM

Making a living from domain parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TjKiller

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Hi everyone, this is my first post here on namepros even though I've been following this forum for over two years now.
I have some domains parked and I've been making some money with them, especially those with high epc/cpc (because 1 click or 2 in a domain of 30$ is better than 20 clicks in a domain with a cpc of 1$ – depends on the traffic too, niches, etc.)
My question here is the following [and to give me a little motivation too], does anyone here make a living exclusively from domain parking or could you live if you wanted to?
If you could complement that with some screenshots I would appreciate that ; What I'm asking is for high clicks, monthly revenue, etc.
Sorry for any mistake, I'm Portuguese (but raised in Andorra from 2 to 12 years old)
Thank you all for your generosity and transparency

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adblockers are very popular nowadays.
I guess, this reason is primary.

Try ZeroClick method if bad results with Google feed.
The implementation of adblockers by a large number of people has been very harmful.
Do you think that someday parking will cease to exist 'aka' die if more changes start to take place?

•••
I don't know what kind of question is this.

Parking companies exists with millions of dollars in revenue which means parking works right?

Parking income is like rent on a shop. Depending on what you call making a living, you need to own the shops to generate income to give you a living.

The difficult part is owning the shops.

The cost of a domain that generates parking revenue is at least 30 months of monthly income.

So if you think you can make a living with 5000 usd per month, then you need an investment of at least 150000, on the lower end. If you have 200,000 you can acquire a portfolio of parking names that generated 3-5000 a month, if you the domainers are willing to sell you.

So the question is not if you can make a living using parking income,. The question is if it is the best use of 150-200K

I started building out a parking portfolio but later decided that if I had better use for my time and money.

if I come across a good domain with parking revenue for upto 24 months Income, i buy it, but I don't actively pursue anymore.

•••
Always test ZeroClick performance on your hightraffic domains...
Very often it beats this archaic Google feed (PPC model).

Last edited:
•••
I don't know what kind of question is this.

Parking companies exists with millions of dollars in revenue which means parking works right?

Parking income is like rent on a shop. Depending on what you call making a living, you need to own the shops to generate income to give you a living.

The difficult part is owning the shops.

The cost of a domain that generates parking revenue is at least 30 months of monthly income.

So if you think you can make a living with 5000 usd per month, then you need an investment of at least 150000, on the lower end. If you have 200,000 you can acquire a portfolio of parking names that generated 3-5000 a month, if you the domainers are willing to sell you.

So the question is not if you can make a living using parking income,. The question is if it is the best use of 150-200K

I started building out a parking portfolio but later decided that if I had better use for my time and money.

if I come across a good domain with parking revenue for upto 24 months Income, i buy it, but I don't actively pursue anymore.
I don't think such a big investment is necessary to make a living from it
What you're talking about is buying domains with comproved history that they are making profit, that's different
If I have 150,000$ to invest I would buy one or two houses and start from there

•••
What you're talking about is buying domains with comproved history that they are making profit, that's different
That's clearly the wrong way to go about investing 150 grand! Everyone knows that you need to put that money into NFTs (can be everything from an ugly ape to an extraordinarily horrific painting) . :xf.grin:(y)

•••

This is what I said:

Buyt you will still need at least 150K to make 5K per month from Parking.

if you can make a living with 1K a month, then maybe 30K

My point is you will need to first Buy the domain that has clicks, and that cost money. How are you going to earn a parking income if you don't have the domain in the first place, or were you hoping to hand register them?

•••
  • Domain names with traffic are suitable for parking,and can make money

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
???
I had $3XX/mo. with just several domains for regfee.
Bro.. You don't get my point..
WIll you sell those for Reg free?
If you got 300/m for reg free, why didn't you scale it to 3K per month, 30K per month.

I am talking from a Business POV

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Bro.. You don't get my point..
WIll you sell those for Reg free?
If you got 300/m for reg free, why didn't you scale it to 3K per month, 30K per month.

I am talking from a Business POV
Time, knowledge, research and experience are the most important factors to get these domains.
Not money.

•••
•••
Frankly speaking, it's hard to get those domain names with huge traffic.

•••
I really think scaling your income is just really hard if it was easy there should be more parking companies in business.

Think about it Voodoo just vanished. That's one of the companies we all considered reliable.

•••
Huge traffic is not required...
Per 1 domain - even high xx daily visitors from the leading countries can generate significant revenue.

Last edited:
•••
You may not only lose a domain to UDRP but you may also deplete the domain's authority, especially where zero click ads are concerned. Having a page of nothing but ads can also impact sales as the domain appears as spam and may turn off buyers. Historical data of a domain is important. However, if the domain is ultra premium this is not an issue and can lead to significant parking profits. But this is rare. Parking companies make most of their money with a small percentage of high quality domains. As you have shown, most domains only make pennies, if even that. There are better ways to monetize them but require some initial investment and effort. Parking is easy, why it is popular.

I agree in part, zero click is the best way to trash a domain but some domains are valuable only because of a good link profile. For that domain zero click is perfect.

Your other points are true in part but companies like SEDO are very successful providing parking and brokerage service.

Domain quality is always the most important factor, the second is having a good rep who will promote your domains to inquiries.

•••
Sedo Tier2/ZeroClick network is the absolute trash.

Use ZeroClick account at ParkingCrew (or Tonic directly).

•••
Platform also matters...
Some domains perform better on ParkingCrew, another ones - on Bodis... Even with a few times difference in revenue.
So each domain should be tested.

•••
Yeah, over time, more people are doing it,

It now pays negligible, unless ur the old-school

The worst, and i’m not a lawyer, cant speak for anyone, but for me, the highest risk’s TM

Dont park the uber value domains, IMO-
the one name i parked which earned me $6 wasnt my best, and involved a lot of trial error.
So the trademark aspect is often overlooked

that’s how DRLL.com was lost to dell;
it had blatant “Dell” ads, earning owner a lot, until Dell finally took action; & “no-response”

Dell took “DRLL.com”via UDRP due to parking.
I bet old owner of DRLL happy, kept the $$., mustve been a lot, whatever it was.

You don't get paid when you LOSE a domain udrp

•••
Making a living is a subjective term.

Someone will be happy with 1000$ a month whereas someone will not be happy with even 10000$ a month.

Imo..it is possible to make that kind of money but it will take a lot of investment, knowledge and effort.

It will be extremely difficult to get your hands on a domain's with type in traffic (without backlinks). Such domains are kept secret and are with people who will never part with them in their lifetime.

Then there are domains with seo stats and backlink profile. There is huge competition for that too. Those domains drop everyday and you can see weird looking domains on namebio selling for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Those weird looking domains are seo domains with backlinks. If you have a lot of money, try your luck but remember...there is no guarantee that even a 1000$ domain with gr8 seo stats will even make 10$ a month in parking. There are many experienced players doing it everyday and those players have big pockets. So, understand whom you are competing with before entering the ring. The good thing with such domains is that even if you dont make much money with parking, you can still sell them relatively quick with very good ROI.

I have used the above technique and must have sold a couple of hundred domains in the last 5 years and made some money in parking as well..

upload_2021-8-31_12-16-11.png

I dont focus on parking anymore, so my current months earnings is from some leftover seo domains that I still have.

There can be another way for a new comer to make some money in parking.

Those domains can be new niche domains. Like I made my parking money mainly from domains with backlinks from Pinterest. So, maybe I got lucky 5 years back and there were only very very few domainers looking for such names. Later many people started getting into auction wars and profits started to shrink.

So, everyday there are new websites with huge traffic and people developing on them and creating backlinks from other members. So, find a new niche website and look for dropping domains with backlinks from those websites. You may get such domains for cheap, i mean, as low as 10-15$ at dropcatch dc. You will need to get them and test them. I am sure, you will find gold someday.

As the saying goes, early bird gets the prey.

•••
Making a living is a subjective term.

Someone will be happy with 1000$ a month whereas someone will not be happy with even 10000$ a month.

Imo..it is possible to make that kind of money but it will take a lot of investment, knowledge and effort.

It will be extremely difficult to get your hands on a domain's with type in traffic (without backlinks). Such domains are kept secret and are with people who will never part with them in their lifetime.

Then there are domains with seo stats and backlink profile. There is huge competition for that too. Those domains drop everyday and you can see weird looking domains on namebio selling for hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Those weird looking domains are seo domains with backlinks. If you have a lot of money, try your luck but remember...there is no guarantee that even a 1000$ domain with gr8 seo stats will even make 10$ a month in parking. There are many experienced players doing it everyday and those players have big pockets. So, understand whom you are competing with before entering the ring. The good thing with such domains is that even if you dont make much money with parking, you can still sell them relatively quick with very good ROI.

I have used the above technique and must have sold a couple of hundred domains in the last 5 years and made some money in parking as well..

Show attachment 198475

I dont focus on parking anymore, so my current months earnings is from some leftover seo domains that I still have.

There can be another way for a new comer to make some money in parking.

Those domains can be new niche domains. Like I made my parking money mainly from domains with backlinks from Pinterest. So, maybe I got lucky 5 years back and there were only very very few domainers looking for such names. Later many people started getting into auction wars and profits started to shrink.

So, everyday there are new websites with huge traffic and people developing on them and creating backlinks from other members. So, find a new niche website and look for dropping domains with backlinks from those websites. You may get such domains for cheap, i mean, as low as 10-15$ at dropcatch dc. You will need to get them and test them. I am sure, you will find gold someday.

As the saying goes, early bird gets the prey.
Thanks for your sharing, you seem to be a very enlightened person
Do you think that dom. parking is going "to die" or is going to stay here for a long time?

•••
ZeroClick is the present and future of parking.
If we are talking about the hightraffic domains, at least xxx visitors daily.

•••
•••
ZeroClick is the present and future of parking.
If we are talking about the hightraffic domains, at least xxx visitors daily.
So, zero click is when someone types your domain and get sent directly to the specified website?
Will this be as profitable as one or two click?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back