Domain Empire

Moniker TRAFFIC East Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone have any news on this auction which is underway?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Huh?

coast said:
It is not even worth it to answer this.

:hi:

If you can manage to stay on topic with your reply / answer, I'd - and I'm sure many of those here who are interested in addressing the increasing concerns (including progressively lackluster "sales" at Traffic!) and overall (non)performance of mTLD and undeveloped (including generics) .MOBI's in particular - would appreciate the input, IMHO. :blink:

Thanks kindly.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:

If you can manage to stay on topic with your reply / answer, I'd - and I'm sure many of those here who are interested in addressing the increasing concerns (including progressively lackluster "sales" at Traffic!) and overall (non)performance of mTLD and undeveloped (including generics) .MOBI's in particular - would appreciate the input, IMHO. :blink:

Thanks kindly.
-Jeff B-)
Seems like you're the only one with increasing concerns about .mobi and there is no satisfying your spin machine and I think Coast sees your sig and recognizes it.

It's been noted elsewhere that all prices are down, yet somehow for you this means the death throws of mobi. For me it means more buying opportunities. .mobi buyers at the live auction got some great deals.

•••
scandiman said:
Seems like you're the only one with increasing concerns about .mobi and there is no satisfying your spin machine and I think Coast sees your sig and recognizes it.

Focus, Paul ... the discussion here is about Traffic and my reply (with an hopeful forthcoming response) to Coast was with respect to the increasing concerns and continued lackluster "sales" (to folks who are likely not ever going to be developing them in the near future!) at Traffic of .MOBI's - your constant reference to my Namepros™ signature adds no substance whatsoever to this conversation, and frankly, does little to keep the thread here on topic, friend. :|
Although it does satisfy your very public .MOBI Agenda™! :guilty:

It's been noted elsewhere that all prices are down, yet somehow for you this means the death throws of mobi. For me it means more buying opportunities. .mobi buyers at the live auction got some great deals.

But "dot Mobeys" are notably trending DOWNWARD at the Traffic Shows ... this must be a major concern that can be hopefully be addressed above by Coast, IMHO. They are also being "purchased" by fellow Usual Suspect© .MOBI domainers and - again - NOT being developed! To then add insult to injury, now mTLD is not even sure how they are, or are not, going to actually enforce their development mandates ... these are critically important aspects worthy of discussion (that is, if you can find it in your realm to discuss (or permit Coast to respond) substantive matters other than my #1 Namepros signature)! :yell: :snaphappy:
PS. Which "dot Mobeys" did you bid up and then purchase at Traffic ?

Thank you.
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
Jeff said:

Thanks kindly.
-Jeff B-)

Your concerns have been addressed at length in many other threads, yet I would respectfully point out that it is not I who is off topic and posting duplicate threads, not to mention posting misinformation about the RFP process. Since I possess neither the time nor energy to be a broken record I am not going to address these concerns a fifth, sixth, or two hundredth time. You are entitled to your opinion and you obviously have management support so continuing in any fashion makes no sense.

For the benefit of those entering the discussion for the first time, if you are a .mobi developer, please pm me. The one thing I will grant Jeff is that there is a need for development and I am in need of subcontractors.

Last edited:
•••
's at Traffic!

coast said:
Your concerns have been addressed at length in many other threads, yet I would respectfully point out that it is not I who is off topic and posting duplicate threads, not to mention posting misinformation about the RFP process. Since I possess neither the time nor energy to be a broken record I am not going to address these concerns a fifth, sixth, or two hundredth time. You are entitled to your opinion and you obviously have management support so continuing in any fashion makes no sense.

^ Classic .MOBI Spin™ and non answer ... but I guess I can respect your increasingly tenuous position, Coast. :red: :snaphappy:
Thanks for allowing me to share my opinions, as well! :blink:

It's ashame, really, that we couldn't get some candor and substance - with respect to .MOBI "sales" at Traffic - here today for the #1 Community! :imho:

We're all aware, of course, of the four initial premium RFP's that instead were auctioned for GREED :$: mTLD MONEY, but for those new or newer to Namepros™ you may certainly PM me directly for those specifics and for candid, balanced conversation. :talk:
Onward and upward.
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
Jeff said:
Classic .MOBI Spin™ and non answer ... but I guess I can respect your increasing tenuous position, Coast. :red: :snaphappy:

It's ashame, really, that we couldn't get some candor here today for the #1 Community! :imho:
We're all aware, of course, of the four initial RFP's that instead were auctioned for GREED :$: mTLD MONEY, but for those new or newer to Namepros™ you may certainly PM me directly for those specifics and for balance conversation. :talk:
Onward and upward.
-Jeff B-)

What are your goals here, Jeff? To park a name and get ppc income? If so then yes, you should definitely stay away from .mobi. Is your goal a quick flip in the hundred thousand dollar range for a so-so name? Then yes, stay away from .mobi, by all means. I find it incredibly ironic that you continue to call NP the #1 mobi community, yet your continued tirades in any thread derail the topics and prevent anyone from getting any work done in a thread and drive people to find other means of communication.

Nobody forced anyone to pay what they did for these names. They had a business plan in mind and a modicum of patience to build something small and they know full well they will rebuild it as technology improves and as new tools are available for the masses. Stop treating .mobi as just another tld - it isn't.

Honestly I should treat you like my best friend. You inspire me to go and build every mobi name I can get my hands on if for no other reason than to prove you wrong.

Coast

•••
coast said:
Honestly I should treat you like my best friend. You inspire me to go and build every mobi name I can get my hands on if for no other reason than to prove you wrong.

^ Hopefully you - and Paul - are doing exactly that Coast! :gl:
Why you both spend so much time (potentially at the cost of above) posting on the forums at this critical juncture is, frankly, beyond me, IMHO. :guilty:

You can PM me directly with your thoughts on the other critical matters here and increasing concerns of the "dot Mobey" (as they relate to the Usual Suspect™ "sales" at (our topic) Traffic and - still - lack of actual enforcement from mTLD), as well. :talk:

Have a pleasant evening. :)
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Why you both spend so much time (potentially at the cost of above) posting on the forums at this critical juncture is, frankly, beyond me, IMHO. :guilty:

Have a pleasant evening. :)
-Jeff B-)

Gee, Jeff, thanks for looking out for us. What a guy. See? You're totally being my friend. Off to develop now...

Last edited:
•••
coast said:
Gee, Jeff, thanks for looking out for us. What a guy. See? You're totally being my friend. Off to develop now...

Good to go! :music:

All the best,
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Why you both spend so much time (potentially at the cost of above) posting on the forums at this critical juncture is, frankly, beyond me, IMHO.
Jeff, you are easily the most prolific poster here regarding .mobi, bringing it up in just about every thread you can. Why you spend your time doing this is frankly beyond me.

Here again I have pointed out your #1 anti .mobi agenda™ only to get an earful of your BS advice on how I should spend my time.

Thanks again to everyone providing auction updates and kindly forgive Jeff's recurring .mobi thread derailment™, he apparently can't help himself.

•••
scandiman said:
Jeff, you are easily the most prolific poster here regarding .mobi, bringing it up in just about every thread you can. Why you spend your time doing this is frankly beyond me.

Here again I have pointed out your #1 anti .mobi agenda™ only to get an earful of your BS advice on how I should spend my time.

Thanks again to everyone providing auction updates and kindly forgive Jeff's recurring .mobi thread derailment™, he apparently can't help himself.

I've noticed over time most of your posts (the vast majority of which are in the .mobi forums) are generally praising .mobi or making digs at .mobi naysayers (in particular Jeff). Now I'm not saying you aren't entitaled to do that, but if Jeff is the ultimate .mobi naysayer does this make you the ultimate .mobi cheerleader?

•••
scandi is a realistic guy... its just that jeff is always so extreme with the .mobi stuff. its just fun to respond to him sometimes..

like this: hey Jeff lets have another argument where i prove your extremist opinions wrong like i always do.

...or maybe lets stop hijacking threads.

•••
snoop said:
I've noticed over time most of your posts (the vast majority of which are in the .mobi forums) are generally praising .mobi or making digs at .mobi naysayers (in particular Jeff). Now I'm not saying you aren't entitaled to do that, but if Jeff is the ultimate .mobi naysayer does this make you the ultimate .mobi cheerleader?
It's no mystery that I'm enthusiastic about .mobi. But I don't go around injecting it in every other unrelated thread. I came here for auction updates and was greeted with more of the anti mobi diatribe. As before I paused to point out the anti .mobi Agenda™ and get an earful. It is not a topic I introduced here, merely something I am responding to. I honestly don't care if people love or hate .mobi, I just don't see a need to have .mobi injected in every other unrelated thread.

•••
Any new bids in the silent auction? :)

•••
scandiman said:
I just don't see a need to have .mobi injected in every other unrelated thread.

You think situation with .mobi (price falls) is unrealated to a thread about the latest Traffic auction?

mjnels said:
scandi is a realistic guy... its just that jeff is always so extreme with the .mobi stuff. its just fun to respond to him sometimes..

I'm sure you can't see the bias in your comments, wasn't Scandi once banned from the .mobi forum for his over the top comments on .mobi?

Last edited:
•••
snoop said:
wasn't Scandi once banned for his over the top comments on .mobi?

You want to open up that can of worms? D-:

Let's all talk about the auction some more.

:sold:

(Ok, you caught me, I'm taking a break LOL)

•••
coast said:
You want to open up that can of worms? D-:

Let's all talk about the auction some more.

:sold:

(Ok, you caught me, I'm taking a break LOL)

No, just pointing out the obvious. It is hypocritical for the cheerleaders to point fingers with claims of bias and aganda when they are just as one eyed as the naysayers.

(also I edited my orginal post before as he was just banned from the .mobi section)

•••
To set the record straight, Scandi's temporary ban was made in error and is something which I (as .mobi mod) quickly brought to RJ's attention and to his credit was quickly rectified.

•••
snoop said:
I'm sure you can't see the bias in your comments, wasn't Scandi once banned from the .mobi forum for his over the top comments on .mobi?

according to RJ it was a complete accident and was unbanned almost immediately. but who knows really..

i was recommended to be banned from the .mobi forum too and i think im pretty realistic.. i think some of us were just being too mean to jeff... if there is such a thing. ;)

•••
scandiman said:
Why you spend your time doing this is frankly beyond me.

^ Paul, you really need some original content - not to mention, unique and compelling developments of your own "dot Mobeys" for those that are "on the go", my friend ... as I'm the one here who originally posed the exactly-termed question to you, "why you spend your time posting on the forums (versus developing) is, frankly, beyond me", IMHO. :snaphappy:

In yet another attempt to once again get in the last word, Paul - I suppose to try to discredit me and once again pump back up the sinking "dot Mobey" - you're failing to mention that .MOBI's did, in fact and however poorly, "sell" here at the Traffic show ... and, hence, it's germaine to this discussion as to why there are serious concerns as to their downward trend and lack of developments (and compliance on the part of m(:$:)TLD! :gl: :imho:

PS. Balance here at #1 Namepros is very important ... thanks to Mr. Snoop above for pointing out some very important aspects of this here in this thread, as an example of that desire - and I would argue, need - for this balance in our #1 Community™, IMHO.
Avoid the HYPE smoke and mirrors, ask the questions (and demand answers!) ... and come to your own conclusions, my friends! :gl:

Have a great night. :music:
-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
mjnels said:
i was recommended to be banned from the .mobi forum too and i think im pretty realistic.. i think some of us were just being too mean to jeff... if there is such a thing. ;)

Dude, not many people see themslves as "unrealistic". At the end of the day we are all biased. Log into your registrar account, they list your biases when you click "view my domains".

•••
snoop said:
Dude, not many people see themslves as "unrealistic". At the end of the day we are all biased. Log into your registrar account, they list your biases when you click "view my domains".

what have i said that isnt realistic? give me an example.

•••
mjnels said:
what have i said that isnt realistic? give me an example.

The comment bout Jeff being "so extreme with the .mobi stuf" while Scandiman is a "a realistic guy" for one.

•••
112 names now with bids!

hopefully soon

•••
snoop said:
The comment bout Jeff being "so extreme with the .mobi stuf" while Scandiman is a "a realistic guy" for one.

Jeff has a habit of taking any opportunity to post (in unrelated threads) the same talking points he's been posting about .mobi for more than a year now. scandi doesnt do this, and neither do many other people.

its literally copy and paste at this point... you disagree?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back