Dynadot

Moniker TRAFFIC East Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone have any news on this auction which is underway?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Paul, thanks for the post ... I greatly appreciate the fact that in this post you didn't simply once again single-line ridicule and malign me and my opinions, but rather shared your thoughts in a professional, and more constructive, maner IMHO. :gl:

Although you've misrepresented or taken out of context some of my earlier or ongoing OPINIONS and core questions and concerns for both mTLD and the "dot Mobey", such as the "sales" of generic terms at Traffic (the subject here in this thread!), the development mandates and its firm, accepted deadline, the RFP process as it relates to generic terms, and lack of corporate adoptions of same, as well as the branding issue (to name a few) ... but at least you've acknowledged the FACTS that "development requirements have not been adequately developed in the time alloted" and that "the coding requirements have not been specifically enforced to date", and I believe also an admission that mTLD is sort of winging this thing as they go along ... "I look forward to a revised system ... ", which IMHO shouldn't even be a consideration (attempting to change the rules and agreements as they go along)! :guilty:
This is an ACCOUNTABILITY and CREDIBILITY issue with mTLD! :!: :imho:

Again, thanks for more constructive post ... and once again, please:
Let's get this nagging and very troubling question addressed (regarding the VERY PUBLIC mandated development requirements and their timely enforcement!) :yell: :snaphappy:

Good day for now,
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
Let's get this nagging and very troubling question addressed (regarding the VERY PUBLIC mandated development requirements and their timely enforcement!) :yell: :snaphappy:

what would you recommend as the best way to get definite answers to these questions?

•••
Jeff said:
Paul, thanks for the post ... I greatly appreciate the fact that in this post you didn't simply once again single-line ridicule and malign me and my opinions, but rather shared your thoughts in a professional, and more constructive, maner IMHO. :gl:
If only you could reciprocate by stopping your slander of other members who have done nothing but purchase domains of their liking with their own money. It has been completely unprofessional of you to accuse members of hype, subterfuge and even the crime of being involved in a pyramid scheme simply for being involved in .mobi. It is something I would like a public apology from you for but I doubt I will ever see since you never acknowledge your own distortions and wrongdoing.

Jeff said:
Although you've misrepresented or taken out of context some of my earlier or ongoing OPINIONS and core questions and concerns for both mTLD and the "dot Mobey", such as the "sales" of generic terms at Traffic (the subject here in this thread!), the development mandates and its firm, accepted deadline, the RFP process as it relates to generic terms, and lack of corporate adoptions of same, as well as the branding issue (to name a few)
Exactly how have I misrepresented you or taken you out of context? You continue to deceive people and distort the truth by not acknowledging publicly the full range of things happening in the .mobi space. My comments are spot on.

And also since the domainer community has answered all your questions to the best of their ability, you continue to smear .mobi with your silly misspelling even though you made this promise on 6/2
Jeff said:
"I will hereby refer to it as ".mobi" (or whatever you'd like me to call it) IF we can finally get all of the ANSWERS to these questions and concerns here in this space
Obviously you had no intention of changing your ways, the members here have answered your question to the best of their ability and yet your word is no good. No doubt you have some lame excuse for this, some technicality you will hide behind.

Jeff said:
... but at least you've acknowledged the FACTS that "development requirements have not been adequately developed in the time alloted" and that "the coding requirements have not been specifically enforced to date",
Jeff, I've never denied any facts, just highlighted your ongoing fixation on a few things while you never acknowledge the full picture. When will you acknowledge the full picture? When will you stop claiming the RFP is dead when the HIGHLY VALUABLE single character domains are in the works to be released via RFP. Is not a single character domain generic? It seems to me it doesn't get more generic then that. When will you acknowledge all the work mTLD is doing to provide exceptional tools to their community for free or modest cost in the form of Dev.mobi, Ready.mobi, Site.mobi and Device Atlas? When are you going to recognize the Premium names that have been released via RFP or auction that are in fact developed? When are you going to recognize that corporations are in fact using AND promoting their .mobi domains to deliver mobile content?

Jeff said:
and I believe also an admission that mTLD is sort of winging this thing as they go along ... "I look forward to a revised system ... ", which IMHO shouldn't even be a consideration (attempting to change the rules and agreements as they go along)! :guilty:

I was curious how you were going to attempt to twist my words, I never said they were "winging it". You are entitled to your opinion that a revised system shouldn't even be a consideration but if something needs fixing then it needs fixing. Such an obvious concept but you will try and discredit mTLD because they have been wise to recognize a dilemma in the system and are working to rectify it. The laws of our land are changed all the time, it MUST be a consideration because realities change, problems are found, and the rules need to adapt. That's a normal state of affairs.

Jeff said:
This is an ACCOUNTABILITY and CREDIBILITY issue with mTLD! :!: :imho:
In my honest opinion Jeff the greater accountability and credibility issue is with you. You continue to unrelentingly smear .mobi, mTLD and .mobi enthusiasts while rarely if ever acknowledging all the positive things that are going on in the .mobi space. This has completely eroded your credibility and it is crystal clear that here at NP you have ZERO accountability, free to continue with your onslaught unchecked. And sadly when your distortions are answered it is the responder who is blamed for derailing a thread. When privilege goes unchecked that is what happens. Emmeritus = Immunity.

Jeff said:
Again, thanks for more constructive post ... and once again, please:

scandiman said:
Yea, I know, we all know, your questions persist... no duh ... blah blah blah....

I rest my case for now...

•••
Mjnels.....I believe he was givin the contact info over a year ago to get some answers to his questions.

Still........the budgie squawks.

•••
cosmik debris said:
Still........the budgie squawks.

^ Unnecessary, but sadly an all too familar, dicounting and diversionary strategy! :tri: :imho:

--

Paul, I've continually brought up FACTS regarding the current state of affairs ".mobi" and mTLD, and shared my opinions regarding those facts and their perceptions ... now, but thankfully not again ridiculing me with single-line jokes and juvenile cartoon pictures, you're again attempting to turn the obivious credibility and accoutability issue as they relate to mTLD and the mandated 6-month development requirements into yet another discounting and discredit toward me and my opininions! :|
Hype and spam of non stand-alone, non-compliant corporate (defensive ™ ) "sites" are continually being posted in multiple threads here as "newsworthy", this is HYPE. Only one individual even addressing just one of my (and others) myriad of questions and concerns, but bypassing on the other questions ... and then personally attacking me, and asking me questions totally unrelated to the thread topic is SUBTERFUGE. We have seen this time, and time again! I have received one very heartfelt apology publicly, and one also via PM (thank you, friend!) ... until that time that someone can point me to where I have not posted something factual, or a reasonable contextual basis therein in the sharing of my opinion(s) ... I owe no apologies, as I don't - and won't - personally attack folks or ridicule their opinions, or post immature cartoons or engage in name-calling! :snaphappy:
You do distort the FACTS when you state that corporations are in fact "using and promoting their .mobi domains", because the CONTEXT was, and has been (as you well know!), the generic terms from Traffic (our thread topic here, Paul) - again, ZERO of these auctioned domains have been acquired by corporate End users and developed or promoted accordingly. You again slant the context of the RFP process that we've been discussing ... knowing full well - and other proponents freely admit this - that they did cancel and abandon the first complete set of generics - and I've never addressed the potential, but I have my humble reservations, for these "single character" domains (whether you want to refer to them as truly they are, or as "generics"). It is, of course, REASONABLE to bring up the FACT that mTLD has either changed, altered, and/or ommitted things along the way ... such as the RFP process and the lack of enforcement mandates (to name two). :blink:
We're obviously going to disagree, and that's fine ... the important point here is that the generic domains that have been auctioned and "sold at Traffic are not developed now more than 2 - 3 months beyond their prmised mandate and they are not being enforced per the agreement! This is a HUGE accountability and credibility issue for mTLD and those, such as yourself, closest with defending it and the ".mobi" extension! :guilty: :imho:
These are the FACTS. :yell:

Thank you for understanding, and for respecting my opinions!

I rest my case for now...

... no duh ... blah blah blah....

Okie, take care for now Paul. :|

-Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
what would you recommend as the best way to get definite answers to these questions?

•••
Back on topic here...
Has anyone been paid for a Traffic Orlando domain sale yet?
I had 2 sales, and both domains transferred out, but no notification from them yet.

•••
had 3 sales at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Orlando but not paid on them yet. i suspect it will likely be a couple more weeks. i sold a few at CAC in Amsterdam two months ago and still haven't been paid on one. i do stay in close communication with Moniker/Domain Systems and feel they are doing what they can to complete these sales.

•••
Any Updates abt when the payments will be sent out? i had one sale, domain transferred and still waiting to hear from them.

•••
-Raja- said:
Any Updates abt when the payments will be sent out? i had one sale, domain transferred and still waiting to hear from them.
None yet :'(

•••
update: I contacted my moniker rep and had my payment about an hour later!

•••
paid on three sales today as well

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back