IT.COM

warning Namesilo glitches

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sjpals

Yeah, this is meTop Member
Impact
I had a problem with namesilo last year. I could see other peoples domains in my account. They took several MONTHS to fix the problem and didnt seem to care about it.

I moved the majority of my 150 domain and let a load drop. I have about 5 left that I will leave to drop.

I received an email today, stating that someone bid $2 on my domain and that the domain ended. Problem is, that domain expired ages ago and this was from an expired domain auction. I shouldnt have received the email. I asked namesilo and they said, it must be a glitch, please report the email to support (what is the chat function if its not support 🤷‍♀️).

I am glad that I am letting the last 5 domains expire and I am done with them, but wanted to make everyone aware that other people may be able to see your domains and that isnt the only glitch with their systems.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had a similar case once. Doing a routine portfolio check, found 1 domain which was not supposed to be there (I let it expire). And there was at least 1 bid on it @ their expired auctions (they correctly emailed me about this a few months ago). So, they resold it but failed to deliver to the new owner. Naturally, should it expire again with another buyer bidding on it - it would be the same situation @Sjpals experienced. I emailed them and the domain was moved from my account to their expireds buyer.

The reason was the following. Sometimes, NameSilo places internal "hard locks" on domains. Such domains cannot be unlocked, or pushed, or delivered via previously approved Afternic/Sedo fast transfer. Nor they can be instantly delivered should another party purchase it on their expired auctions. After a few email exchanges, I learned that NameSilo may add such a lock if somebody complained, such as one of previous owners who forgot to renew ("you stole my domain! give it back to me!". "Go away...") -must be the case with domainers portfolios. Since there is no UDRP or anything, NameSilo is ready to remove the lock - but, earlier or later, it would be relocked again by some reason.

Possibly it is still the case. I ended up with the following: 1) detected all such domains (and there were a few) by trying to unlock all domains. Problematic domains could not be unlocked. 2) asked them to unlock manually 3) transferred the problematic domains away.

Last edited:
•••
I had a problem with namesilo last year. I could see other peoples domains in my account.
I don't see others' domains in my domain manager, but I could when trying to setup a Marketsite. NameSilo said it was a bug that they were aware of and were working on. I just checked again and they're still there but are now marked 'Deleted'.

•••
•••
I had a similar case once. Doing a routine portfolio check, found 1 domain which was not supposed to be there (I let it expire). And there was at least 1 bid on it @ their expired auctions (they correctly emailed me about this a few months ago). So, they resold it but failed to deliver to the new owner. Naturally, should it expire again with another buyer bidding on it - it would be the same situation @Sjpals experienced. I emailed them and the domain was moved from my account to their expireds buyer.

The reason was the following. Sometimes, NameSilo places internal "hard locks" on domains. Such domains cannot be unlocked, or pushed, or delivered via previously approved Afternic/Sedo fast transfer. Nor they can be instantly delivered should another party purchase it on their expired auctions. After a few email exchanges, I learned that NameSilo may add such a lock if somebody complained, such as one of previous owners who forgot to renew ("you stole my domain! give it back to me!". "Go away...") -must be the case with domainers portfolios. Since there is no UDRP or anything, NameSilo is ready to remove the lock - but, earlier or later, it would be relocked again by some reason.

Possibly it is still the case. I ended up with the following: 1) detected all such domains (and there were a few) by trying to unlock all domains. Problematic domains could not be unlocked. 2) asked them to unlock manually 3) transferred the problematic domains away.
Kinda glad I’m not the only one, but also not, as it means that a lot of people are experiencing it.

•••
I don't see others' domains in my domain manager, but I could when trying to setup a Marketsite. NameSilo said it was a bug that they were aware of and were working on. I just checked again and they're still there but are now marked 'Deleted'.
Yep, it was in market sites and market manager, but I had the ability to change things like BIN pricing.

•••
•••
Sorry for the delayed response. Our dev team has investigated and it appears this issue has been resolved already. We are still investigating why other domains are appearing in accounts, but if they do, they will be get marked deleted. If you are still seeing this issue occurring after hard refreshing (ctrl+f5), please let us know at [email protected] with your account details and preferably screenshots, so our developers are able to replicate. Thank you in advance and sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused.

•••
their next after epic!!!!!!! run your domains out now !!!!

•••
their next after epic!!!!!!! run your domains out now !!!!
already have! I only have 3 left and they expire in september and october

•••
•••
•••
Hi guys,
Kristaps here.

Chatted with the devs and the issue described here was resolved in December. The issue was related to our free landing page Market sites product and had no effect on actual sales but it was a bug and was resolved.

Please clarify what other issues you are seeing, new on namePros registered user, @DotMain? Your libelous comment isn't constructive nor accurate so please do let us know your motivation for trying to deceive the namePros community

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back