NameSilo

advice New Custom Landers - Urgency Creation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jackson hoskins

Established Member
Impact
So I am not a fan of most of the landers that I have seen available from places like Afternic and definitely don't love the fees that accompany them too. As a solution, I created a custom script to make each page display the correct domain name automatically without any extra work(just upload the one same file for all domains, no editing) and made a basic offer submission form with a little bit of urgency attempted at the same time by combining a piece here and a piece there of what I have seen/liked in the past.

In addition to the overall look, feel, and functionality, I wanted to see what you all think about the attempt at increasing urgency and the wording used as well. Is this too much? Is it too misleading? Do you think a lander like this is better or I should just stick to afternic?

Here are a couple of randomly picked domains I have it on so you can see it with different names and the changes made with some PHP coding.
FocusFound.com
Rentlyy.com
FirearmsFun.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I like it....:xf.smile:

I would just change the "Mints" to Min or Minutes

Mints
is not really an abbreaviation for Minutes

•••
I like it....:xf.smile:

I would just change the "Mints" to Min or Minutes

Mints
is not really an abbreaviation for Minutes

Lol thanks, I definitely overlooked that one somehow. Fixed that little typo, so now we're not confusing candy with countdowns. Hahaha

•••
I thought the background design was cool. Since you asked for feedback maybe you want to put the phone number higher. Also if you want to create a sense of urgency, saying "considering ANY reasonable offer" sounds like you would take the lowest amount of money just to move the domain and also possibly sounding desperate. I have tried to create urgency but it's hard and I'm not really a programmer. The countdown you have is good, things I wish I could incorporate would be a "SOLD" sign next to other domains that have sold, also HugeDomains used to have this number on the page that would say how many other people were on the site and looking at that domain, not sure if they still do... I've tried saying stuff about if they don't click quickly someone else might take it, it's unclear if that had any effect on any purchases, probably not. I agree that a sense of urgency is important. ClickFunnels pages and stuff they always say if you order in the next 15 minutes you will receive all this free stuff, usually it's not even really true about the timer but I think it still works to create that psychological effect in the customer.

•••
I think the countdown is brilliant (y) Just wish the background is simpler so ppl can focus on the domain, making offer etc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back