IT.COM

Oct 30 - Flippa will enact a limit of one free relist per Domain auction.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
From: http://flippa.com/blog/changes-to-unlimited-free-relisting-for-domains/

At the beginning of this year, we made the commitment to you to offer free relisting for domain auctions. It was great to begin with, so much so that it went from a limited-run promotion to “the norm.” It seemed like a win-win: we dramatically increased our inventory and sellers loved it!

However, like too much of a good thing is prone to do, it’s become clear that offering unlimited free relisting is no longer in the best interest of the marketplace. The results of this weren’t immediately evident, but after some long tail analysis and insightful feedback from all of you, it’s clear that our platform is less effective when it doesn’t cost anything to relist.

This is why, effective on the 30th October 2015 (AEST), Flippa will enact a limit of one free relist per Domain auction. After that, the listing fee is half price of the original listing ($4.50 in most cases).

At any point, you may relist an ended domain auction as a free Portfolio listing, by using the easy link in the Seller Action bar on any listing. As a Portfolio listing, it stays active on the site for an unlimited amount of time and has the ability to accept or reject offers received.

Flippa is committed to maintaining a healthy and fair marketplace to buy and sell domains.

Any questions, queries or comments about this change, please feel free to share here or for more detailed insights into your account, please email [email protected].​

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After reading Shane's post a few weeks ago about Flippa, I refuse to use Flippa.

•••
I follow this one seller who relists the same 4 domains every day for a 24 hour auction (they never hit his reserve). I assume it is situations like these which prompted this change.

•••
I agree it seems like the same domains show up every time I am viewing the "Ending soon" section. While the free relisitng is nice, I do ultimately think the changes are a good thing to help keep the quality higher.

•••
I also agree, this is probably a good thing, I see so many auctions continually relisted on Flippa. In the end, hardly anyone bothers bidding on them because the reserve price is generally much higher than anyone thinks they're worth.

•••
Great n good move by flippa

•••
This is what I was waiting for. Flippa has more things to do and it's a good start.

•••
While there's a lot of crap relisted over and over again - how many good domain can't sold simply because they can't be found.
And not because there's too much of them , rather - search and filtering is pretty much useless - how about you let me search for domains: shorter than x, without hyphens or numbers, cheaper than x, exclude free listing, ending in x days, exclude new extensions, etc etc...

•••
Good Step Flippa, as @Beezy said i have also seen some sellers who list their domain for just one day so in the ending soon section their domain can be found.

I remember when Kevin @FlippaDomains ask for the suggestion last time on Namepros, i suggested him to stop giving free relist it will remove most of the garbage from marketplace.

It will be better if they also stop giving $9 credit for the appraisal, it will remove more garbage from marketplace and only quality domains will be left which can get much more exposure and bids.

Flippa will again become a leading place to sale domain at higher price because good thing about flippa is you can describe your domain why it is worth.

Again Thanks Flippa

•••
I follow this one seller who relists the same 4 domains every day for a 24 hour auction (they never hit his reserve).
You must mean the mad Russian on top of his car.

•••
It will be better if they also stop giving $9 credit for the appraisal, it will remove more garbage from marketplace and only quality domains will be left which can get much more exposure and bids.

100% Agreed!

•••

Wasn't this done already?

As for the new move, great, although I wouldn't offer the second relist at half price, but at full price.. If it doesn't sell in two tries then it is either a bad domain or the seller has too high expectations.

•••

I don't know i did not check appraisal from few months. i try to check it now but there is not any domain in the appraisal, may be they have already done this.

•••
Just checked the appraisal section and there are no domains. So probably they have removed free auction listing for appraising domains. That's great. Now we will have less garbage domains in Flippa which will help better domains to get more exposure (even without paid upgrades :)).

Last edited:
•••
Good news. I might actually use Flippa again as a buyer.

•••
This is great. At least I know my inbox and phone wont be spammed with all the re-listed auctions.

They are being re-listed for a reason.

•••
One more thing they should do is, create a separate tab for the classified domains so if any buyer will click on the domains tab then he will only see 1000-2000 domains which are currently in the auction and not 1,613,854 domains.

it will encourage buyers to check all domains which are currently in the auction means more exposure to the auction and more bids.

if that happen then i will only use Flippa to sale my domains

•••
Flippa definitely needs to implement more search filters.

•••
This should improve quality of names listed in auctions !

There should also be less domains listed for auction so more attention on the ones listed.

•••
Personally I have to agree with doubleU. Flippa will make more in listing fees of course but it will reduce the number of listings which can only be a good thing for sellers (and buyers).

One other thing -- does this apply to current auctions or only to new auctions first listed after 30th OCT ? I assume it applies to new and old.

Best,
Paul

•••
This is good news, I keep seeing one and the same domains being re-listed over and over. The new domains that get posted are diluted with ones that have been relisted like 30 times.

•••
I keep seeing one and the same domains being re-listed over and over.

Guilty as charged B-) I did list a few and then relisted when they didn't sell. I still think it is a good move by Flippa all things considered.

Best,
Paul

•••
Guilty as charged B-) I did list a few and then relisted when they didn't sell. I still think it is a good move by Flippa all things considered.

Best,
Paul

Some people re-list entire portfolios of 100-s of domains over and over its literally a wall of re-lists and then a few new domains here and there. I was going to suggest a "newly added domains" filter but this is better. I do not mind a re-list or two this is ok IMO.

•••
I follow this one seller who relists the same 4 domains every day for a 24 hour auction (they never hit his reserve). I assume it is situations like these which prompted this change.
Yes, it was quite annoying receiving 10 emails per day for each domain. And even if you unwatched, you would keep receiving those emails because you bid on it.

Good Step Flippa, as @Beezy said i have also seen some sellers who list their domain for just one day so in the ending soon section their domain can be found.
I'm sure a lot of sellers took advantage of this. But their domains would not sell because they kept relisting with unrealistic reserve prices. They forget most buyers on Flippa are resellers.

•••
But their domains would not sell because they kept relisting with unrealistic reserve prices. They forget most buyers on Flippa are resellers.

True. GoDad maybe the best site to list for endusers --BUT keep the reserve at 'no reserve' or sell very cheap.

A little off topic (I know) what about Sedo for getting the balance right ?

Best,
Paul

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back