Dynadot

Oct 30 - Flippa will enact a limit of one free relist per Domain auction.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
From: http://flippa.com/blog/changes-to-unlimited-free-relisting-for-domains/

At the beginning of this year, we made the commitment to you to offer free relisting for domain auctions. It was great to begin with, so much so that it went from a limited-run promotion to “the norm.” It seemed like a win-win: we dramatically increased our inventory and sellers loved it!

However, like too much of a good thing is prone to do, it’s become clear that offering unlimited free relisting is no longer in the best interest of the marketplace. The results of this weren’t immediately evident, but after some long tail analysis and insightful feedback from all of you, it’s clear that our platform is less effective when it doesn’t cost anything to relist.

This is why, effective on the 30th October 2015 (AEST), Flippa will enact a limit of one free relist per Domain auction. After that, the listing fee is half price of the original listing ($4.50 in most cases).

At any point, you may relist an ended domain auction as a free Portfolio listing, by using the easy link in the Seller Action bar on any listing. As a Portfolio listing, it stays active on the site for an unlimited amount of time and has the ability to accept or reject offers received.

Flippa is committed to maintaining a healthy and fair marketplace to buy and sell domains.

Any questions, queries or comments about this change, please feel free to share here or for more detailed insights into your account, please email [email protected].​

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Right now the RESERVE MET and ENDING SOON filter are the key filters, but its time to incorporate the NO RESERVE filter, along with RECENTLY ADDED!

I Really like the idea of NO RESERVE and RECENTLY ADDED Filter.

Flippa Should think about it.

•••
•••
How is "reserve met" different from "no reserve" for somebody searching? Aren't you looking for auctions where you know it will certainly be sold?!

•••
@recons in the reserve met section you cant see no reserve auctions, that tab will provide much more exposure to no reserve auction.

•••
Isn't "no reserve" by definition a "reserve met"? )) If they have done it differently, that is weird... At the same time, there could be some logic: if somebody posted anything at no reserve, but it is a trash with zero bids or it is "no reserve", but with minimum bid of $10000 for not a good name, then soon "no reserve" section will turn into useless filter...

•••
NEXT PHASE : AMP UP THE SEARCH FILTERS!

Right now the RESERVE MET and ENDING SOON filter are the key filters, but its time to incorporate the NO RESERVE filter, along with RECENTLY ADDED!

It's going to be much, much better.

And we are also rolling out including auctions with "first bid meets reserve" into 'Reserve Met' soon. Standby for more.

@Recons.Com and others, I'll be back soon to comment further on your thoughts...

•••
I forgot to mention my personal favorite is Highest Bid Filter!

if somebody posted anything at no reserve, but it is a trash with zero bids or it is "no reserve", but with minimum bid of $10000 for not a good name, then soon "no reserve" section will turn into useless filter...

Wow a very valid point!

We sit back and try to make these comments about wholesale changes but, truly its always gonna be sticky, about one thing or the other!

•••
@FlippaDomains

Want to increase sales/better the marketplace?

Forget free re-lists. Allow free Logos/Stock photos on the side of every auction. Let people display their logos to sell their names better.

It's been proven time and time again that Logos/Stock photos increase sales, as seen on brandable marketplaces and ebay, yet the biggest domain marketplaces seem not to have gotten it yet.

Last edited:
•••
Some filters I miss:

- Sort by highest bid (Perceptron's point above)
- Min, Max number of characters (and not just tick boxes up to 5)
- Single Word English Dictionary
- Geographic (names of cities, countries etc.)

•••
My thought, If we got all useful filters, we won't upgrade to premium listing.
Flippa don't like that.

•••
My thought, If we got all useful filters, we won't upgrade to premium listing.
Flippa don't like that.

If platform will not sale domain at good price than most of the professional domainers will skip Flippa, Even Buyers find it difficult to looking for a good name in the Forest of junk domains.

Flippa will earn more with the commission and it will increase traffic of quality buyers and sellers.

People will still buy upgrades to give more exposure to their auctions.

Flipppa has to implement changes if they want to stay longer in the market otherwise what happened to Orkut we all know.

•••
Wasn't this done already?

They Still provide $9 Credit, I mailed to them enquiring about $9 Credit and this is the reply i got.

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sure! We distribute the 9 free appraisal credits every Wednesday morning at 4 a.m. AEST. You can expect these credits at this time.

Please feel free to get in touch if you need further assistance. I'm here to lend a hand.

Cheers,

•••
It's going to be much, much better.

And we are also rolling out including auctions with "first bid meets reserve" into 'Reserve Met' soon. Standby for more.

This will help incentivize sellers to set reasonable reserves: buyers will now have better filters to weed them out and focus on more "transactionable" domains. Giving these higher visibility = more traffic = more sales.

I left the domain side of Flippa b/c I couldn't really use the filters to separate these two classes of sellers:
  1. Domain owners looking for offers.
  2. Domain owners looking to sell.
When I enter a marketplace I'm looking for people who want to sell, so giving us filters to make it easier to find them is a step in the right direction.

•••
This will help incentivize sellers to set reasonable reserves: buyers will now have better filters to weed them out and focus on more "transactionable" domains. Giving these higher visibility = more traffic = more sales.

I left the domain side of Flippa b/c I couldn't really use the filters to separate these two classes of sellers:
  1. Domain owners looking for offers.
  2. Domain owners looking to sell.
When I enter a marketplace I'm looking for people who want to sell, so giving us filters to make it easier to find them is a step in the right direction.

I posted on this above, but still will repeat. What if somebody does have "first bid meets reserve", but sets the minimum bid way high for the quality of the name?

•••
If you list ShittyTrashDomain.ws and fail to sell it, it's good to get a 2nd chance at it. But listing it 500 times for free does no one any favors. And if there are 5k similar domains being sold at any given time, Flippa will become as worthless as BIDO. This was a smart move, and I support it 100%.

•••
I posted on this above, but still will repeat. What if somebody does have "first bid meets reserve", but sets the minimum bid way high for the quality of the name?

A great question, and one I am currently grabbing an answer for...

•••
A great question, and one I am currently grabbing an answer for...

Filter by "next bid meets reserve" and sort by "Price"

•••
And if the next bid cannot be lower than $10,000 with zero bids so far?

•••
And if the next bid cannot be lower than $10,000 with zero bids so far?

I am unclear exactly what this means, but here's what I now can confirm to clear this up:

In the "Reserve Met" section, these are currently auctions that have reached their reserve price - There are one or more bidders, and these auctions will sell.

What I thought we would be folding in was a change to allow for all $1 opening bid auctions - with $1 reserves (can also be read as "Fist bid meets reserve") into this section.

What I believe may now be happening is, all auctions with "next bid meets reserve" status will be funneled into this filter. This includes $1 opening bid / Reserve auctions, and anything else where the first bid meets the seller's asking price.

I know ideally we would separate this out with two filters - one for "Reserve Met" and the other for "Next Bid Meets Reserve" (whereby, in the latter, it might also double as "First bid meets reserve")

But overall, I do not see this as a bad thing. I think we may see a lot more satisfied sellers.

•••
That is important clarification. Basically it is applicable to those starting with $1 only or which have reached the price where next $1 will meet the reserve. Then it should be fine. Thanks.

•••
That is important clarification. Basically it is applicable to those starting with $1 only or which have reached the price where next $1 will meet the reserve. Then it should be fine. Thanks.
I think it's fine, too. I'll confirm, once our product team lets me know.

•••
•••
@FlippaDomains where is the option to filter domains by characters?

•••
Hey Kevin @FlippaDomains in how much time you will implement these options ?? I am currently not running any auction their as i am waiting for these changes to implement.

•••
I hope Flippa will treat the $9 listing fee as part of the 10% sales commission.

For big sales, the $9 listing fee means little to both seller or platform.
For small sales, the $9 listing fee plus 10% commission can come up to a big percentage of the final sale price.

For example, a $100 sales will cost 19%++; $9 listing, $10 commission, $4+ PayPal fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back