IT.COM

Parked.com and Bodis.com Ubber Alles

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This is just my tribute to who paid my check and allows me to live.

Parked.com has been my staple for 3 years.

Then I split traffic to bodis.com and I see that by splitting I made more in BOTH ones.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My Parked.com results have gone in the toilet since I started using Above.com to optimize where I send the traffic. Actually they were in the toilet before I started using Above.com. Before that I was 100% at one company, Parked.com. They're down to only 22% (from 30% in Nov) of my total parking revenue. Bodis on the other hand has now reached 40% (from 30% in Nov) of my total parking revenue. See http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/675233-above-com-review.html. I also noticed an overall increase in revenue optimizing between Parked/Bodis/DomainSponsor/Maximizer, but not as dramatic as teguh123. As I said Parked.com revenues are down dramatically. teguh123 made more money from his Parked.com revenue with less domains? I find that a tad hard to believe. He must have optimized those remaining domains better. The revenue wouldn't increase on their own. The Yahoo feed moving to Bing hasn't worked out at all well for me. I'm lucky if I get $5/day now from Parked.com. This is only a tiny fraction of what it once was say 1.5 years ago. On the other hand, Bodis.com has been a life-saver.

Last edited:
•••
My Parked.com results have gone in the toilet since I started using Above.com to optimize where I send the traffic. Actually they were in the toilet before I started using Above.com. Before that I was 100% at one company, Parked.com. They're down to only 22% (from 30% in Nov) of my total parking revenue. Bodis on the other hand has now reached 40% (from 30% in Nov) of my total parking revenue. See http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/675233-above-com-review.html. I also noticed an overall increase in revenue optimizing between Parked/Bodis/DomainSponsor/Maximizer, but not as dramatic as teguh123. As I said Parked.com revenues are down dramatically. teguh123 made more money from his Parked.com revenue with less domains? I find that a tad hard to believe. He must have optimized those remaining domains better. The revenue wouldn't increase on their own. The Yahoo feed moving to Bing hasn't worked out at all well for me. I'm lucky if I get $5/day now from Parked.com. This is only a tiny fraction of what it once was say 1.5 years ago. On the other hand, Bodis.com has been a life-saver.

I totally agree.
Parked.com has gone from bad to worse IMO and I would consider removing it from my above.com mix of provider. Bodis has improved a lot. Suprisingly - sedo is doing very well with some domains, and Domainsponsor is still the best IMO for my insurance and travel domains.

•••
I am not saying that. I see that when I split traffic 50-50 things are going better than parking at one. Soon I'll hire someone to check ecpm and moves domain to bodis what belong to bodis.com

•••
You said you made more in BOTH companies. So that was how I read it. How do you split traffic 50:50 between the two?

•••
My special script. However, I'll try above.com soon.

Parking companies tend to count only unique clicks. So when you split, your traffic have more unique to impression ratio. I think that's why.

Parked.com revenue drop 3 days ago though as my TQ drops to 8.

Well, parked.com has been paying me a lot for 3 years. It's the first parking companies that I don't have problem with. If things go wrong TQ will drop first, I get fair warning first, so I can move things around first. My TQ vary from 10 to 1. Most of the time it's 10, but when it's dropping, it's nice to know that I got fair warning first. Peace of mind.

That's what's good about it. Bodis.com seems to pay more, but I am new to them.

As for alles.... I tried others. The others are often not bad either (except one, which I won't mention here). But they are too problematic. .

Another think that I like about parked.com and bodis.com is they don't bother verifying domain ownership. If you have 3k domains, it'll be a chore. Trust me. I put special file, redirect traffic to them, and the customer service still don't believe me and suddenly they don't talk anymore.

Very Frustating.

After a while I stop parking at sedo. I didn't realize that parked.com has been paying me well for chinese traffic, rather than US traffic, so I didn't realize that sedo can pay more.

One day, sedo.com deleted my old account but allow me to create a new one. The cause? I forget to renew a $50 domain I am supposed to sell. My first time selling. So I got to reinsert all of my domains, and they ask to verify ownership. During the process of moving, my old email address get caught up with the old record of the database. Till now I am not sure it's fixed.

I asked whether I will get my sedopro status back, no answer. They're tired of answering me because of the over action that they themselves do. Sorry sedo. I like to split my traffic to you too but we've tried and things happen and afterward the whole project got canceled because we both run out of time and achieve nothing. Verifying ownership of 3k domains at SEDO will be a chore. As you all know I use privacy protect.

After everything is verified, I got an email that they are suspicious about the source of my traffic. I moved domains back to parked.com. Then they send me an email again that my traffic is normal. But at that time my TQ at parked.com is already good again, and it'll be a while before I try sedo again. And then that old ticket is just gone somewhere due to tangling up with my old sedo account (I got copy on my mailbox plus ticket number). I tried a few things more but after a while gave up.

Bodis.com is reasonable. If google don't like a domain, google will ban the domain. I've never heard bodis.com kick users out unless under some extreme circumstances.

I have good experience with namedrive.com. However, I've heard in this forum about how they ban people account. Why not give TQ score first like parked.com? Why not ban just the problematic domain like bodis.com?

You see where I am getting at? I am giving tribute to those who paid me for years. I am sure sedo.com and namepros.com are great companies too. But I like parked.com and bodis.com more.

Stability, ease of use, peace of mind, allows me to plan and scale up.

Last edited:
•••
Bodis.com pays more than parked.com now so I moved 80% of my traffic to bodis. But not by much.

Parked.com counts more "visitors". So the ecpm always look lower at parked.com by the way.

•••
Thanks for the kind words. :)

Just wanted to mention the thing about Bodis counting less visitors than Parked. Bodis uses javascript to count visitors and has a system that also discards visitors that we think should not be counted, for instance if you visit 5 of your domains, you'll likely be not counted on any.

I cannot speak directly for Parked, but from what I know they do not yet use javascript for counting visitors, rather log anything that hits their domains. Without javascript and these methods its much harder and in many cases impossible to determine if a visitor could've been a background request from some spyware, a search engine crawler, email harvestor, or some other bot. So it's just much easier to do this by Javascript.

So with javascript and other technology to discard what we think should not be valid, we should get the most accurate numbers therefore giving you the most accurate understanding of how many visitors you have.

It also helps us optimize domains better as we accurately know how many real visitors visited each template, keyword, etc. Without the accuracy it would be misleading as one template can get a bunch of visitors with 0 clicks, while all those visitors could've coincidentally been robots. We don't want to count those types of visitors into our optimization calculation.

•••
Hi Cfguru,

I noticed that. As my TQ at parked.com goes to 10 (I wonder how sending huge chinese traffic improves my TQ), parked.com start paying well too.

On may 3rd I earned $84 per day from parked.com due to all the chinese traffic I got. I got $10 I think for the non chinese. But well those advertisers are gone by 5/4. I hope bodis.com start aggresively find ways to monetize those too. So when parked.com stop paying well for chinese traffic I move to bodis.

I found that expopromoter.com and secondlife.com are also CPA paying huge for chinese traffic. Secondlife.com may allow adult domains given that they too have plenty of adult content. The stats in google affiliate network says that they're paying 5 cents per visitors. Perhaps a text ads saying Attractive Females 3d Models would work. Expopromoter.com has a lot of chinese based trade events. U2mee.com also pays per click.

By the way Bodis seems to have impressive anti bot technology. Parked.com also claim to have 30. That's good. I don't send bots and I don't want to get paid for bots only to run into problem latter for having bots. I think that's the difference between bodis, parked, and the rest. They have great anti bot measure. In domainsponsor, for example, they probably don't have great anti bot measure, and then kicks people out for having bots even though the people they kicked out didn't create the bot or even aware of the issue. To me stability is as important as high pay.

Traffic you got from me is also redirected from javascript. That's my only antibot measure though. Some bots do go through javascript anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Agree on the issue that other parking companies think the users committed fraud when the user wasn't aware of it. It is difficult to determine sometimes, that's why it's good to have a technical background. Some parking companies don't have much technical backgrounds, therefore their only resort is to let users apply and only accept the ones they think wouldn't have any issues.

As far as TQ goes, with Yahoo/Microsoft you only get TQ for the traffic you send them. Second tier traffic (such as Chinese adult) doesn't affect TQ neither on Parked nor on Bodis.

Plus, Bodis tier 2 providers pay a lot less and expect a lot less quality traffic so we don't monitor that as heavily as we do with traffic that goes to our G provider.

•••
Yea. I noticed sending traffic to secondlife.com pays $1 ecpm. Not a lot, but just in case things go wrong. I wonder why Donny from parked.com don't show up on this thread.

Anyway, you both are great. I also noticed that non adult chinese visitor only goes to google for a while after a while, google doesn't like that one too. I haven't scanned my whole domains but I know 1 or 2 are like that. If google accept, then bodis. If google reject ->parked.com

Parked.com goes the extra mile in converting traffic others cannot convert. That's what I admire from them. I hope bodis.com can do so too. It seems that the high paying advertisers are another search engine. Like look.com and searchexplorer.com

They seem to bid on all keywords and pay .3 cents per visitors or something. With 70% CTR, that's good enough for chinese traffic. It's like mamma.com with bodis.com. I wonder how the CTR can be 70%? But again and again those chinese traffics are heavy clickers especially if the ads are in english. I am happy to get paid, but I wish the advertisers are happy too.

Last edited:
•••
I doubt if Donny reads NP any more. After a spat with some moderator on here he opened up his own forums on Parked.

I think Bodis goes the extra mile already to improve your returns. I don't have any Chinese traffic domains, but Bodis consistently provides better returns than Parked.

I can't hardly believe that English Ads with Chinese Traffic gets good returns.

•••
Bodis provide better return than parked for non chinese domain. For chinese domain bodis pay zero unless google ads show up. It's something bodis can improve. I don't feel comfortable buying more domains unless I have 2 or 3 stable sponsors for that.

•••
hi ...
I am new to bodis, according to all of you better where bodis.com or parked.com. Please share your experiences as well.;

thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back