IT.COM

Parked.com vs Sedopro vs AdSense for domains

NameSilo
Watch

johnhemore

Account Closed
Impact
Which one pays highest?

I noticed that adsense for domains are a pain to set up. One of my domains earn like $4 a day and that's like throwaway domains. Also can adsense for domains except residual traffic coming to http://whatever.domainname.com? Will that violate TOS?

I am setting up a system where I SEO some domain, then wait for a week so the traffic becomes residual, then my friend park it. If it's successful we'll turn this into a service.

We can rank in so many different keywords. This is legal right?

They are all very reputable company. I like parked.com best for paying twice a month. Payment wise, well, pretty good too. Sedopro.com is nice. I've been burned by a few. Adsense, I don't know. My friend has that and I let him parked mine.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i'm not sure what exactly you mean by "residual"

parked.com is the best parking program out there. assuming you own great domains that get type-in traffic. highest/quick payouts, control of the ads, you can even add your own content

i've never experimented with sedopro but since they are brought to you by the same people that run sedoregular i'd stay away from it

adsense for domains is more complex than people make it out to be. "it sucks, crappy payouts," true. but what a lot of people don't know about it is that they are great for domains that don't get a lot of type-in traffic, especially if you own hundreds of these types of domains. also, google does not give you anything for "clicks"

from my personal experience, the bulk of the revenue comes from searches then clicks on sponsored links. if you own a large portfolio of average domains that don't get traffic, i recommend adsense for domains (if you have the nerve to set it up). google draws traffic to them somehow (i honestly dont know how that works)

•••
Hi

after having problems with Imonetize i pulled all my domains out. right now i own 34
just today signed up for parked.com with just a few of my domains. going to try and be doing testing in the next few days.
I also submitted some to trafficz.

when adding domains on imonetize I had to go back to my domain manager at godaddy and change to there nameservers but don't seem to have to do it at parked do they automatically change the nameservers ?

Thanks

phillip

•••
So adsense for domains sucks? Hmm...

•••
johnhemore said:
So adsense for domains sucks? Hmm...

yeah i'd say so.

if you got a bunch of worthless domains that you're not going to renew, they are the best parking program for that. lol

•••
ur site is not going to get indexed by google if u use sedo or parked.... i mean does ur domain get type-ins? if you have a lot of type-ins, u don't have to worry about settin up adsense;however, if u want some traffic through google, u can build a minisite through noomle and u'll get indexed...

•••
Ok, i must say that i have tried out adsense for domain for one month now and it really really sucks.

I would advice everyone to stay away from that crap, it doesn't even have good customization tools.
I thought that payout's may be good enough, but its not that good too.

I would vote for parked.com
It's just the best one out there.

•••
I think park.com is better.

•••
parked.com is the way to go.

Anyway, I have many domains I nolonger consider worthy. After I let them expire someone else grasp them.

Well, if they feel the domains are that worthy, might as well buy from me.

I think I am selling the domain at the traffic it brings. I use tracking202 to track down traffic. Only javascript enabled traffic can be counted.

So, if a domain get 70 traffic in 5 days, it'll make 5110 traffic in a year.

I'll sell that for .7 cent per expected visitor and collect, say, $35?

Alternatively, I can sell the traffic and try to earn 1 cent per visitor.

What do you guys think?

•••
ur site is not going to get indexed by google if u use sedo or parked.... i mean does ur domain get type-ins? if you have a lot of type-ins, u don't have to worry about settin up adsense;however, if u want some traffic through google, u can build a minisite through noomle and u'll get indexed...

Why won't google index sites from parked or sedo?

I am just getting into parking my domains (I have about 125 or so)....and I am not sure what to go with.

I am a developer so I can make a decent little sight myself. Initially, I was going to just put adsense in any little site I develop. After reading the number of complaints, I am wondering if there are other advertising venues which will allow me to develop a site with some content and get it crawled by google (amongst others).

What would (anyone) suggest? Do what I was planning? Go with parked.com? Seems to me that google and other crawling the domains would be pretty key to gathering some revenue, though.....

•••
I am wondering if there are other advertising venues which will allow me to develop a site with some content and get it crawled by google (amongst others).

What would (anyone) suggest? Do what I was planning? Go with parked.com? Seems to me that google and other crawling the domains would be pretty key to gathering some revenue, though.....

WhyPark has it's own advertising system and it allows you to create your own custom content. I have a couple of sites that are on the first page of google for searches on the domain name keywords.

Some of the payments per click can be quite high but that depends on the main subject of the site.

•••
Why won't google index sites from parked or sedo?

Sometimes they do, but most often they don't. Nobody wants to see your parked domains in the search engines but you. Not Google, not the users, and not the advertisers. So you *might* get indexed - but odds are you won't.

•••
•••
If you have a decent name, I'd put it at Sedo, better chance of getting a big sale.Most of my big sales lately have come from European buyers and they seem to trust Sedo more. Otherwise develop.

•••
I know everyone loves parked, but I just can't seem to make more there than at sedopro.

•••
Does sedopro pays well for chinese traffic? I mean they use the same sponsor with adsense right?

•••
A mini site developed with Adsense works best for us in nearly all cases but clearly Parking companies take a lot of time and hassle out of the equation so the vast majority of our domains are with them. Parked and Namedrive are fairly good.

•••
I have tried several parking companies, but Parked.com and Fabulous .com worked for me best.

•••
I know everyone loves parked, but I just can't seem to make more there than at sedopro.

My experience as well. Granted I don't have amazing type-in traffic but I tried parked.com and I earned 1/2 what sedopro pays me. I was really disappointed. Plus I get all my good offers from Sedo. You won't get that at parked.com.

•••
I'd say it's not a matter who pays the most, but what keyword does your domain represents. Try 'conference call' niche, for instance.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back