Dynadot

discuss Phygital Domain Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rammbo

Blockchain DomainsTop Member
Impact
70ADC294-697E-42D2-AF59-74A9014ABF3A.jpeg
What does Phygital mean to you guys. My understanding is that it is combining the Physical and the Digital . It can be a product or an experience . The article above is a metaverse article that describes Phygital as bringing the digital into the physical. A few of my phygital domains are

PhygitalMarketer.com
PhygitalArtist.com
Phygital.Shopping
Phygital.cx
PhygitalPayments.com
And a few others

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Meanwhile, there's a breakthrough in term popularity in the social space:

Show attachment 247034

The horizontal scale is split by the latest series of 30 day time ranges up till now. The vertical is the number of times the term has been mentioned in this of that site. I personally tend to interpret this (maybe too straightforwardly) as the leading indicator for the number of searches metric in search engines.

A sample query:
https://www.google.com/search?q="phygital"+site:twitter.com&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:9/6/2023,cd_max:10/6/2023&tbm=

Hm, I've been saying "considering trimming"? :unsure::xf.grin:

In my opinion the problem is that domain sales have been in decrease since 2020

•••
In my opinion the problem is that domain sales have been in decrease since 2020
The sales have to be based on something - either hype or real life appliance. There has been no real hype for 'phygital' yet, and the business is only 'touching' this area.

And, I would like to say that buying PhygitalFashion.com at $370 was someones luck, but there's a TM currently in the pending state for this phrase. Looking at the other applications, that is where my primary concern is - the ease of getting TM for the term. It looks like TM examiners do not currently realize the generic nature of the term, hope this gets right further.

Last edited:
•••
Have searched for "phygital" across the official sites of the global companies suggested by Google as some popular brands in the world. 11 out of 24 companies have been using this term one or more times: Samsung, LG, Louis Vuitton, Microsoft, Intel, Coca-Cola, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Ford, Huawei, PG. Not so bad for a word almost everyone seems to hate :xf.smile:. And a couple more not from that list: Nokia, Puma.

Last edited:
•••
Have searched for "phygital" across the official sites of the global companies suggested by Google as some popular brands in the world. 11 out of 24 companies have been using this term one or more times: Samsung, LG, Louis Vuitton, Microsoft, Intel, Coca-Cola, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Ford, Huawei, PG. Not so bad for a word almost everyone seems to hate :xf.smile:. And a couple more not from that list: Nokia, Puma.
Using the term and branding with the term is two different things. Anyone holding any top keywords with phygital should continue to do so at least a few more years to see how it pans out.

People holding average or low caliber should drop. The key to productive speculation is only holding the best you have.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone holding any top keywords with phygital should continue to do so at least a few more years to see how it pans out.
People holding average or low caliber should drop. The key to productive speculation is only holding the best you have.
Totally agree.

•••
•••
Actually still in process of trimming my phygital stuff. There's still some time before the next renewals but I'd like to get ahead of that. What would you definitely keep or drop? What catches your eye first? I actually have such a list but would like to hear some other opinions.

Attachments

• phygital.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
•••
Actually still in process of trimming my phygital stuff. There's still some time before the next renewals but I'd like to get ahead of that. What would you definitely keep or drop? What catches your eye first? I actually have such a list but would like to hear some other opinions.
I dropped all my phygi domains, I kept the phygital ones.. I don't think phygi will catch, phygital maybe (I can be wrong)

•••
I think if phygital doesn't bloom to fruition in 3 years, we should call it a lost cause.

•••
Phygital ca

Bought it off the TBR in 2022 as a lark, and it gets some traffic and some traffic spikes here and there, but no inquiries or offers.

But you could say that about 99% of domains out there - we make money on the outliers.

Last edited:
•••
I dropped all my phygi domains, I kept the phygital ones.. I don't think phygi will catch, phygital maybe (I can be wrong)
Agree, phygi is the second tier in general, although I still like some short and catchy ones like phygitrade or phygisoft... Thanks for sharing.
I think if phygital doesn't bloom to fruition in 3 years, we should call it a lost cause.
I see some controversery in term search trend and mentioning rate dynamics, actually think the coming year we'll see how everything unfolds.
Phygital ca

Bought it off the TBR in 2022 as a lark, and it gets some traffic and some traffic spikes here and there, but no inquiries or offers.

But you could say that about 99% of domains out there - we make money on the outliers.
CA zone mighth work well in the positive scenario, currently Phygital is more popular in Canada then in US accoring to Google Trends.
I've got multiple offers for one of the names, have almost sold it, but the deal has stalled due to some technical issues.
Agree about the outliers - in this particular situation, all the phygital regs have been covered for me from another niche sale if to speak about hand regs.

Last edited:
•••
Yet 3,222 domains registered with the word phygital.

•••
What do you think about :
Phygi

•••
To everyone holding Phygital domains, this made up word is a brand in itself, it's worth having only Phygital as a brand in other extensions. Of course there are great combos of Phygital in COM that can be worth keeping but you have to know the best ones, example like PhygitalNFT, MetaPhygital and others.
I hold only Phygytal and Phigytal in com and no luck selling them cheap until now, will have to liquidate them cheaper.

•••
To everyone holding Phygital domains, this made up word is a brand in itself, it's worth having only Phygital as a brand in other extensions. Of course there are great combos of Phygital in COM that can be worth keeping but you have to know the best ones, example like PhygitalNFT, MetaPhygital and others.
I hold only Phygytal and Phigytal in com and no luck selling them cheap until now, will have to liquidate them cheaper.
I disagree that Phygital is just a brand. It's widely used as a technical term having a clear meaning, in conjunction with lots of other terms. Phigital, Phygytal - yes, these are either typos or brands.

Last edited:
•••
TM currently in the pending state
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as TM is pending and you get a domain, you won't be successfuly sued or something for confusingly similar or the exact TM later.

Last edited:
•••
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as TM is pending and you get a domain, you won't be successfuly sued or something for confusingly similar or the exact TM later.
Phygital can't really be tmd since it's being used generically by news and ppl

•••
You are wrong, you can be successfully sued even without a trademark in certain cases - e.g., with bona fide intent to use the trademark. Everything depends on how generic the phrase in question is and what you technically do with your domain (confusingly similar landing page design, same business area/model, poorly configured parking ads, approaching the TM owner first with the sales offer, etc.). If your domain is clearly targeted at the single business owner with no other potential use options, that's also a lost case. This is my understanding of this, to be on the safe side you are better to contact a TM lawyer.
Phygital can't really be tmd since it's being used generically by news and ppl
This is how this should've been done in my opinion. In practice, there are many TMs that shouldn't have been registered. This is probably explained by the current wrong perception that Phygital is just a made up word like say, Starbucks, which it is not. I don't know how the issues with all those marks will be resolved in the future, but this might be probably addressed somehow to clean up the landscape.

•••
This is probably explained by the current wrong perception that Phygital is just a made up word like say, Starbucks, which it is not.

Actually Starbucks isn't a "made up word" either.

Starbuck has been a first-name for a long time and the company themselves admitted they took their brand from the famous novel Moby Dick, in which the first mate is named Starbuck.

https://archive.starbucks.com/record/our-name

•••
(confusingly similar landing page design, same business area/model, poorly configured parking ads, approaching the TM owner first with the sales offer, etc.).
Sure, I don't meant all these 'bad faith' stuff, just meant that TM in 'pending' stage isn't a TM, and if you're just own a domain similar to something, It doesn't mean that you're automatically infringement something in any kind.

•••
•••
•••
You never know with domain names, he/she might sell it for more that what we think. I have some good/decent phygital domains (previously listed on this thread) and I didn't receive any inquiry/offer which is probably a sign that phygital is not widely adopted yet.

•••

Let’s Get ‘Phygital’: A $216-Trillion Market Emerges​

https://www.rtinsights.com/lets-get-phygital-a-216-trillion-market-emerges/

Over the past decade, phygital has witnessed substantial venture capital investments, they continue. This includes more than $20 billion invested in augmented reality (AR), $18 billion in 3D technologies, and $46 billion in Internet of Things (IoT).
Some examples of phygital developments over the past year include the following:

• 360-degree environment generation: ...
  • 3D content generation: ...
  • AI voice generation: ...
  • AI-controlled robots: ...
I guess we are facing just a single issue with this shiny picture: an average Joe still doesn't know that AR, 3D, IoT, AI, and almost every other cool stuff outthere., they are all PHYGITAL :). But shouldn't he learn that eventually, heh? :)

•••
The power of “phygital” is that it can be used to describe an action, a thing, or a process. Whether it is phygital toys, phygital apparel, phygital bots/ai, NFTs, or VR/AR, the concept itself is looking to play a substantial role in our daily lives in the future.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back