Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RecoveryHemp dotcom
I think that this domain has a specific market which is booming at the moment so I am planning to resell it when I receive the right offer, could be years but I can wait.

Now I have both RecoveryHemp & ickypot. Both dotCOMs.

•••
Thanks Mod/Admin for cleaning up the thread....!!!

Some tough laws for Canadian marketers
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/09/03/comes-marketing-marijuana-selling-sizzle-off-limits/

"No TV, no radio, no magazines or billboards — unlike flashy beer ads, marijuana is being treated more like a “sin product” similar to cigarettes and gambling, putting cannabis companies under very strict guidelines on how they can brand their bud."

Seems a " commonwealth of the United States " , Northern Mariana Islands (New Zealand?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mariana_Islands

is about to "legalize" marijuana

"A bill decriminalising marijuana use in the CNMI is a signature away from becoming law after the Senate passed the House's version of the bill last week."
https://www.radionz.co.nz/international/pacific-news/365594/marijuana-nearly-legal-in-cnmi

•••
•••
•••
I've turned down 98% of offers, sure they have increased in quantity, but most people still don't get it. Indignant buyers who feel entitled because they filed for trademarks on a phrase instead of investing in a domain first, clueless owners who think of inventory as a flip, and petty domainers with too much time on their hands to send fake offers.

The turning point will be a year, maybe two after the market is operating fully. Competition will be brutal and domains are going to be the hedge in almost every market entry. Given most authorities will disallow marketing of any kind, these hyper-efficient operations will need eyeballs. In other words, start working on building media, sites, and brands. Stop sitting on your a$$ waiting around for offers to roll in. Learn to produce video, write content, code sites, and add value to the viewer. If you live in a legalized state, use that to your advantage.

•••
. Given most authorities will disallow marketing of any kind, these hyper-efficient operations will need eyeballs. In other words, start working on building media, sites, and brands. Stop sitting on your a$$ waiting around for offers to roll in. Learn to produce video, write content, code sites, and add value to the viewer. If you live in a legalized state, use that to your advantage.
Yes Canada going to have strict marketing term (not sure about provinces yet)..

" legal states such as Colorado can market their products practically any way they want, including TV commercials and Billboards."
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/09/03/comes-marketing-marijuana-selling-sizzle-off-limits/

Great point about being proactive promoting your domains!

•••
Canaccord Genuity’s Australian Cannabis research report | Matthijs Smith reports:

Cheers
Corey

•••
Now I have both RecoveryHemp & ickypot. Both dotCOMs.
How about JuanaRecover? I'm not sure if this fits, but it sure is catchy.

" legal states such as Colorado can market their products practically any way they want, including TV commercials and Billboards."

It's a little ironic

It's a little ironic briguy, but the article you referenced from the Toronto City News titled "selling sizzle is off limits", and I just bought the domain SizzleWeed(.)com a few days ago. I wonder if that will be "off limits"? We may just have to do SizzleWeed here in the states, lol!

•••
How about JuanaRecover? I'm not sure if this fits, but it sure is catchy.

Sounds catchy especially with a question mark next to it (like Wanna Recover?) but I'd rather stick with only a couple of hemp related domains and see how it goes from here.

•••
Article: Hemp's Hearing on the Hill

Hemp's Hearing on the Hill | While the eyes of the nation were glued to a particular Supreme Court nomination hearing today, the hemp world was focused on a meeting in the neighboring US Senate office building. For three hours today, the House/Senate Conference Committee for the 2018 Farm Bill met.

Cheers
Corey

•••
It's a little ironic briguy, but the article you referenced from the Toronto City News titled "selling sizzle is off limits", and I just bought the domain SizzleWeed(.)com a few days ago. I wonder if that will be "off limits"? We may just have to do SizzleWeed here in the states, lol!
Yes great extension for United States,probably better than (dot)us ...
looks like you got some search love

•••
Sounds catchy especially with a question mark next to it (like Wanna Recover?) but I'd rather stick with only a couple of hemp related domains and see how it goes from here.
Use CBD to get off opiates...would be how I "spin" the name! #BigPharmaKills

•••
•••
Guys , in the last 3 months , I am getting much more offers :xf.smile: on my Canna/Weed/Pot etc names, are you also getting more interest / offers ?
Nope, nada, but there's only the one. It's a good name, seems nobody knows it but me.. Snoop Dogg be playing hard to get.

I've turned down 98% of offers, sure they have increased in quantity, but most people still don't get it. Indignant buyers who feel entitled because they filed for trademarks on a phrase instead of investing in a domain first, clueless owners who think of inventory as a flip, and petty domainers with too much time on their hands to send fake offers.

The turning point will be a year, maybe two after the market is operating fully. Competition will be brutal and domains are going to be the hedge in almost every market entry. Given most authorities will disallow marketing of any kind, these hyper-efficient operations will need eyeballs. In other words, start working on building media, sites, and brands. Stop sitting on your a$$ waiting around for offers to roll in. Learn to produce video, write content, code sites, and add value to the viewer. If you live in a legalized state, use that to your advantage.
re. "most people still don't get it" This is a problem in many niches. But its made up for when the sale comes from someone who does "get it".

This area's been such a slow adaptation in every sense of the way. I'd lean more towards lowering expectations for offer quality except for the very best of the bunch. Particularly if I am holding a large volume of names, I want DN that can sell without waiting on a turning point.

re: "stop sitting on your a$$ waiting...learn to produce" Solid advice, especially for those names you really are holding out for. Investing some time into custom-tailoring a site gives a great sense of pride of ownership too..

•••
•••
•••
Well the domain bigpharmakills is available in dotcom so the coast is clear if you feel like it!
Thanks, maybe I should clarify...the hashtag "#DomainsForSale" is generally used on social media when selling domains, my point was (using the name you mentioned), I would hashtag it using that phrase and or my "tag line"!

Hashtags are just another way of getting your domain for sale out there (back links also)..

•••
Just Bought :xf.smile:
Untitled-design-2.png

•••
Cannavity.com
Hemppair.com

•••
Just Bought :xf.smile:
Untitled-design-4.png
Untitled-design.png

Last edited:
•••
MJBinsurance . com

Marijuana Business insurance

•••
Registered
  • Cann.global
Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
CannaCo.com
$5553

Not my sale

Another GD expired auction. Hard to believe a name like that was left to expire.

Great name at a great price, with massive profit potential. Congrats to the buyer!!

•••
Article -

Demand for pot will be much higher than anyone anticipated after legalization, says report commissioned for Health Canada

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back