Dynadot

Spaceship

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SixFigures.ltd

Established Member
Impact
Out of topic, sorry: apparently, you can transfer domain to spaceship, what about out of them? It's not supported for now as long as I know.
--
This post was moved from another topic by mods. For now, transfers can be processed manually by asking support team

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks, I tried refreshing before but I didn't realize that the map doesn't update after that (requires reopening), so I erroneously thought that the refresh did nothing. I've now refreshed most of the least propagated domains, but if you want an un-refreshed example domain, ekkoe.com is one.

I doubt that any of them will go to 100% ("online"). Can you explain the discrepancy between Afternic and Sedo nameservers' propagation?
Thanks for providing the domain name. We did give it a look.

The difference is that how domain names are configured on Afternic nameservers. So you point your domain name to ns1-ns2.afternic.com nameservers. But in the zone file of those nameservers, they put NS records with ns1-2.namefind.com values. Unlike Sedo, where they have same values both in recursive and authoritative nameservers.

Here is the dig result for your particular domain name:

ekkoe.com. 172800 IN NS ns1.afternic.com.
ekkoe.com. 172800 IN NS ns2.afternic.com.
CK0POJMG874LJREF7EFN8430QVIT8BSM.com. 86400 IN NSEC3 1 1 0 - CK0Q2D6NI4I7EQH8NA30NS61O48UL8G5 NS SOA RRSIG DNSKEY NSEC3PARAM
CK0POJMG874LJREF7EFN8430QVIT8BSM.com. 86400 IN RRSIG NSEC3 13 2 86400 20240426042454 20240419031454 956 com. dw08OX0yRbTLzGG9uqoK5LQcl5IiXZh/DrjeK9/tV9yFVmrhliBQh+oZ sWI0eZE/upqKFa6i1B5l5c3ZhDKpag==
6CURN4UATUKH8RHIK34EP1LOHU9BNA5F.com. 86400 IN NSEC3 1 1 0 - 6CURVI6BFCBJI80O2NFQ6OMUFTDRHBPM NS DS RRSIG
6CURN4UATUKH8RHIK34EP1LOHU9BNA5F.com. 86400 IN RRSIG NSEC3 13 2 86400 20240427051844 20240420040844 956 com. 1oWPK/BctvyaLpYoLAUvt7shHe/1BRwXvqjfr40uVLMyYgYVnWcosFPu IQ+0plyRzj3uVBGmAxZaS8Dlkup2+Q==
;; Received 472 bytes from 192.52.178.30#53(k.gtld-servers.net) in 2 ms

ekkoe.com. 3600 IN NS ns1.namefind.com.
ekkoe.com. 3600 IN NS ns2.namefind.com.
;; Received 83 bytes from 97.74.99.64#53(ns1.afternic.com) in 1 ms

So how does this work. We see that you pointed your domain name to ns1-ns2.afternic.com nameservers. And we start checking whether the world actually sees that your domain name is pointed there. But in responses that we get from the zone file, we assume that domain name "is pointed" to ns1-2.namefind.com nameservers. And thus propagation check fails and we receive a "non-propagated" domain name.

So this is the case where we developed our tool assuming of correct configuration of nameservers but it fails it here. We will think how to solve this particular use case so that it is clear on UI what's going on.

Really appreciate you bringing up this case, helps us to think more ways to improve our service.

•••
That's great to hear, thank you for your thorough explanation!

•••
Just settled the agreement with Afternic today so this is coming asap.
I know many are interested in this. Is there any update on this?
Also, are there plans to have your own marketplace at Spaceship?
I am glad to see Spaceship folks active on NamePros and responding to questions and comments.
Thank you and best wishes,
Bob

•••
Thanks for providing the domain name. We did give it a look.

The difference is that how domain names are configured on Afternic nameservers. So you point your domain name to ns1-ns2.afternic.com nameservers. But in the zone file of those nameservers, they put NS records with ns1-2.namefind.com values. Unlike Sedo, where they have same values both in recursive and authoritative nameservers.

Here is the dig result for your particular domain name:

So how does this work. We see that you pointed your domain name to ns1-ns2.afternic.com nameservers. And we start checking whether the world actually sees that your domain name is pointed there. But in responses that we get from the zone file, we assume that domain name "is pointed" to ns1-2.namefind.com nameservers. And thus propagation check fails and we receive a "non-propagated" domain name.

So this is the case where we developed our tool assuming of correct configuration of nameservers but it fails it here. We will think how to solve this particular use case so that it is clear on UI what's going on.

Really appreciate you bringing up this case, helps us to think more ways to improve our service.
You're right about the mismatch in the Afternic auth zonefiles, it's what I noticed as well.

Regarding your diagnostics tool, feel free to implement Domain Digger. The code is available on github.

https://github.com/wotschofsky/domain-digger

•••
•••
I know many are interested in this. Is there any update on this?
Also, are there plans to have your own marketplace at Spaceship?
I am glad to see Spaceship folks active on NamePros and responding to questions and comments.
Thank you and best wishes,
Bob
No updates on Afternic implementation at the moment.
As for marketplace, yes, plan to have one and the work on it is in progress. Stay tuned!

•••
Why every time after login popup about Tour?

•••
Why every time after login popup about Tour?
Hello! Thank you for the feedback, I'll revisit the logic with the team, should not be the case for it to appear after every login

•••
Hello, we know it's quite complex flow at the moment, spaceship is quite new and we are gradually adding necessary features and flows. Our dev teams are working on the possibility to transfer hosted domains in a regular way and we expect it to be released to production next month. Thank you for trying our products and sharing the feedback.
Change namecheap to spaceship and all the problems will be solved

•••
•••
•••
Hi! Yep, as @Edward Marukhian shared, the work on the marketplace is in progress. No ETA for now, but you can check our Roadmap for updates https://www.spaceship.com/roadmap/?feature=seller-hub
Additionally, we'll post updates here for the community as soon as the feature is released
That's wonderful news Marina! I appreciate all the features your team has added over the past year and also how fantastic Spaceship chat support team is!

One issue I am still having that is causing me a lot of trouble is the lack of the ability to paste a group of domains and manage just those domains. I have over 3,000 domains at Spaceship and right now I have to search through all 3,000 to find maybe 100 or 200 that I need to change the name servers for. Manually searching and clicking on large numbers of domains just for a name server change is a very grueling waste of our time.

The other issue is that I want to change the name servers for most of my domains to Name Pros but even when I manually click on a group of domains to change them and the name servers change, Namepros Mod tells me they checked and they couldn't verify ownership because I had have DNSSEC enabled on those domains, but I have never enabled had DNSSEC enabled on any of my domains and when I check them on my spaceship control panel they show DNSSEC 0 records.

•••
That's wonderful news Marina! I appreciate all the features your team has added over the past year and also how fantastic Spaceship chat support team is!

One issue I am still having that is causing me a lot of trouble is the lack of the ability to paste a group of domains and manage just those domains. I have over 3,000 domains at Spaceship and right now I have to search through all 3,000 to find maybe 100 or 200 that I need to change the name servers for. Manually searching and clicking on large numbers of domains just for a name server change is a very grueling waste of our time.

The other issue is that I want to change the name servers for most of my domains to Name Pros but even when I manually click on a group of domains to change them and the name servers change, Namepros Mod tells me they checked and they couldn't verify ownership because I had have DNSSEC enabled on those domains, but I have never enabled had DNSSEC enabled on any of my domains and when I check them on my spaceship control panel they show DNSSEC 0 records.
Hello, it should be possible to find the domain names in bulk in our Domain Portfolio application, just enter the domains you need separated by comma, semicolon or space in application search option. We also plan to add filter by nameservers soon which can be helpful if the domains you want to update use the same NS settings.

As for DNSSEC, we have it enabled by default for all domains that are registered with us and pointed to spaceship DNS, but it gets disabled when switch to custom NS. I probably found your support case in our system, our team is currently looking for the root cause of the issue, they will update you once the issue is fixed for all affected domains.

•••
Hello, it should be possible to find the domain names in bulk in our Domain Portfolio application, just enter the domains you need separated by comma, semicolon or space in application search option. We also plan to add filter by nameservers soon which can be helpful if the domains you want to update use the same NS settings.

As for DNSSEC, we have it enabled by default for all domains that are registered with us and pointed to spaceship DNS, but it gets disabled when switch to custom NS. I probably found your support case in our system, our team is currently looking for the root cause of the issue, they will update you once the issue is fixed for all affected domains.
Thank You Marina!

•••
How to Opt Out of 60-day Domain Transfer Lock at Spaceship.com? so it won't be locked for another 60 days after we transfer between accounts.

•••
How to Opt Out of 60-day Domain Transfer Lock at Spaceship.com? so it won't be locked for another 60 days after we transfer between accounts.
Hello! There is no 60-day domain transfer lock if you transfer if you transfer your domain internally, from one Spaceship account to another. It is not recognized as transfer by a registry, so the transfer lock is not triggered.

•••
Hello! There is no 60-day domain transfer lock if you transfer if you transfer your domain internally, from one Spaceship account to another. It is not recognized as transfer by a registry, so the transfer lock is not triggered.

Thank you for your answer. So basically changing the Registrant's contact name and email at any time will not lock the transfer for 60 days?

•••
Thank you for your answer. So basically changing the Registrant's contact name and email at any time will not lock the transfer for 60 days?
Yes, it will not, the domains are opted-out from such lock by default.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back