Domain Empire

Spaceship

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SixFigures.ltd

Established Member
Impact
Out of topic, sorry: apparently, you can transfer domain to spaceship, what about out of them? It's not supported for now as long as I know.
--
This post was moved from another topic by mods. For now, transfers can be processed manually by asking support team

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let me begin by saying I wish you well with Spaceship...it will benefit us all (domain investors and Spaceship) for you to develop a superior platform.

A couple of things I appreciate that others have:

Dynadot has a simple way of making changes to nameservers...no need to make a series of clicks to get to the function. They also have the 'auto copy' feature...when hovering over the domain name an icon pops up that makes it easy to copy the name with one click...makes testing, checking and research easier.

Epik has the 'notes' function that allows the saving of data/research. It is convenient to save notes there as opposed to using excel or another program (or 'application' as the whipper snappers say). :xf.smile:
Hey MF, thank you very much for the feedback. We have a pretty streamlined way to update nameservers in our domain list app https://www.spaceship.com/application/domain-list-application/ . You can make changes in bulk with just a few clicks. I will add your other requests to the list and see what we can do to get them added :) . Thanks again!

•••
Have you tried using our domain portfolio app? It includes categorization and dns templates. You can easily find this via global search icon on top upper right corner or in our library. If there are any features you would like to see added just let us know!
Found the DNS templates, thank you! Is there a way to sort or filter by nameservers? On the domain lists it just shows "Custom" which is not that helpful.
Do you also have these features for NameCheap? I have a few hundreds domains there currently, but it's a pain to manage them

•••

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 5.02.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 5.02.55 PM.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 54
•••
Great! Look forward to it.
This has now been added for you in the domain portfolio app as you can see in the screenshot above. This is the basic version but we'll be adding more domain info soon.

•••
Found the DNS templates, thank you! Is there a way to sort or filter by nameservers? On the domain lists it just shows "Custom" which is not that helpful.
Do you also have these features for NameCheap? I have a few hundreds domains there currently, but it's a pain to manage them
Hello, would it suffice that this is part of our export feature or were you envisioning something else? Thanks again for your engagement and feedback here.

•••
Hello, would it suffice that this is part of our export feature or were you envisioning something else? Thanks again for your engagement and feedback here.
Export is great and essential, but it doesn't help too much with management. A possible scenario:
Let's say I have 100 domains parked with bodis, and 100 domains pointed to afternic. If I wanted to switch the nameservers for these two lots, I would have to export the list to see the nameservers, manually search for and select two lots of 100 domains on your control panel and set nameservers that way... That sounds like 1-2 hours of work right there, and it's only 200 domains total. Given the ability to sort/filter and perhaps even the ability to drag-select domains instead of ticking boxes, this process would take 1-2 minutes maximum, pretty much regardless of portfolio size.

•••
Actually this is a fast rough draft of the approach we're taking. Expect it to be added soon. You'll also be able to export all settings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 5.39.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 5.39.15 PM.png
    406.7 KB · Views: 59
•••
•••
You can't grab or request Epp/Auth code via the dashboard.

This has to go through customer support.

•••
You can't grab or request Epp/Auth code via the dashboard.

This has to go through customer support.
This feature will be released this coming monday/tuesday

•••
Let me begin by saying I wish you well with Spaceship...it will benefit us all (domain investors and Spaceship) for you to develop a superior platform.

A couple of things I appreciate that others have:

Dynadot has a simple way of making changes to nameservers...no need to make a series of clicks to get to the function. They also have the 'auto copy' feature...when hovering over the domain name an icon pops up that makes it easy to copy the name with one click...makes testing, checking and research easier.

Epik has the 'notes' function that allows the saving of data/research. It is convenient to save notes there as opposed to using excel or another program (or 'application' as the whipper snappers say). :xf.smile:
We added the copy feature for you in the portfolio app. More to come next week.
Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 7.44.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 7.44.39 PM.png

•••
I just wanted to come and update everyone. EPP codes on the spot within your control panel are now live. You can find this feature within your domain list app. Thanks again for your patience with this. More to come!
Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 6.28.01 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
I just wanted to come and update everyone. EPP codes on the spot within your control panel are now live. You can find this feature within your domain list app. Thanks again for your patience with this. More to come!Show attachment 243091
Thank you. Now if you want to create the dream destination for domain investors, just add bulk view/edit for names servers, custom created categories for management, and a low fee marketplace.

If you build it, they will come! :xf.wink: ( The Field of Dreams)

•••
Hi can spaceship empower afternic and sedo fast transfer?

•••
I just wanted to come and update everyone. EPP codes on the spot within your control panel are now live. You can find this feature within your domain list app. Thanks again for your patience with this. More to come!Show attachment 243091
Well, my dashboard never shows me like this. I want to transfer the domain to some potential buyer of my domain. Well, just want to let you know thta I transfered some of my prime domains from NameCheap to SpaceShip because I was told that both are same company.

•••
Hi @enetwork, I expect something similar to namecheap marketplace also with spaceship! Anything cooking?

•••
@enetwork
hey I asked if spaceship can support afternic fast transfer?

•••
I transferred about a hundred names to Spaceship and I would transfer more, but managing a large portfolio of names there is an issue because they do not offer any way to even see which name servers your domains are pointed to except by taking the much too time consuming task of clicking on each name one at a time.
Just coming back to this, in case you hadn't noticed, current nameservers for individual domains are now shown in their own column in your domain portfolio app. No extra clicks and everything is clear and simple.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I've recently been exploring the Spaceship platform and wanted to share some thoughts. Initially, the absence of the push feature and the space-themed UI had me scratching my head. However, after spending some time on it, I've found my rhythm and I'm navigating it quite comfortably now. The push/auth code features were recently added, so I'm glad for that too. I'm giving the email and hosting features a try as well.

Question for Richard about NameCheap Migration @enetwork

Is there a roadmap for NameCheap to transition its existing user base and domains over to the Spaceship platform? Or is the plan for both platforms to coexist independently?

•••
Is it against your religion to use exact match NP name?

I am sick of trying to recall @tamar name; even if her name is tamar; you can change it to namecheap to make our lives easier?

@Spaceship isnt taken, unlike @namecheap, you can still secure @Spaceship. Act fast. Who knows? It might actually accelerate growth.

Last edited:
•••
Is it against your religion to use exact match NP name?

I am sick of trying to recall @tamar name; even if her name is tamar; you can change it to namecheap to make our lives easier?

@Spaceship isnt taken, unlike @namecheap, you can still secure @Spaceship. Act fast. Who knows? It might actually accelerate growth.

And requests nP to add a spaceship tag next to your username. You could be anyone for all we know.

•••
I've recently been exploring the Spaceship platform and wanted to share some thoughts. Initially, the absence of the push feature and the space-themed UI had me scratching my head. However, after spending some time on it, I've found my rhythm and I'm navigating it quite comfortably now. The push/auth code features were recently added, so I'm glad for that too. I'm giving the email and hosting features a try as well.

Question for Richard about NameCheap Migration @enetwork

Is there a roadmap for NameCheap to transition its existing user base and domains over to the Spaceship platform? Or is the plan for both platforms to coexist independently?
Hey RJ, very happy to hear that you've managed to find your way around and are liking what you're seeing. If you see anything that's missing in terms of features we are always happy to hear feedback and try to deliver asap.

Regarding Namecheap, we haven't quite made a decision yet. We are 100% focused on bringing more features and tools to Spaceship as quickly as possible. We want Spaceship.com to be head and shoulders above anything that exists today and are doing everything in our power to deliver that as soon as possible. Once we've gotten there we will weigh our options.

Thanks again for giving us a try!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back