Domain Empire

domains Startup Perch.com rebrands as OrchardHomes.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
As the iBuying craze grips the residential real estate industry, a startup that says it does that and more has secured $36 million in funding.

New York-based Perch (.com) said Tuesday that it had secured the equity injection from a group of investors led by Navitas Capital. The firm, which this month rebranded itself as Orchard (OrchardHomes.com) , provides a service that allows homeowners to buy a new home before they sell their own, and guarantees to purchase the property if it fails to sell.

(btw. Orchard (com) for sale. Perch.com re to OrchardHomes.com )

read more (the real deal)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haven’t read the details, but immediate reaction: I like perch.com a whole lot more.

•••
Haven’t read the details, but immediate reaction: I like perch.com a whole lot more.

I guess the name bug was injected by advisor
CEO
MelloHome

btw. Does drinking 2-3 beers extra @ brand naming meeting make you an expert?
Competing with: orchard-homes.com, orchard-homes.co.uk, orchardcarehomes.com, oldorchardhomes.com, orchardhomes.org ... etc

Last edited:
•••
I think its an upgrade

What is Perch? What does a company with that brand do?? sit around and poop? A good brand is more than just being a 1 word .com just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
•••
I think its an upgrade

What is Perch? What does a company with that brand do?? sit around and poop? A good brand is more than just being a 1 word .com just for the sake of it.

To me, “Perch” has connotations of both home and vantage point/perspective. Brandable for sure, but i thinks works very well for RE or financing.

“Orchard Homes” sounds like just another housing community or builder. Yawn.

But that’s just me.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back