IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They steal simply out of inertia.

•••
A company of crooks from the top down .

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
No, I was stolen $45K+ by Epik.
epik 2.0/ epik llc/ epik holding /.just change name by themself .is it approve by us gov and icann .?who is the new ceo new manager group will bear legal liability .
A total commercial fraud !

•••
rob didn't refund to investors .let royce become the new ceo stop withdraw escrow fund .steal client's fund to give back the investors ?
rob ,royce .and the epikllc should be put in prison .

•••
epik 2.0/ epik llc/ epik holding /.just change name by themself .is it approve by us gov and icann .?who is the new ceo new manager group will bear legal liability .
A total commercial fraud !
Epik.com is still accredited under Epik Inc.

ICANN has not approved an ownership change.

Epik LLC is basically just cosplaying as a registrar.

Brad

•••
NameLiquidate...

Same thing happened to me at the same time as you. I was startled when the number of names on there jumped by over a thousand and then I bought a one-worder for $988 as well and saw a bunch of others and thought those 90's era stunning names should not have been available. There must be some kind of mistake. It was taken back and I was credited.
That name was Cheapos.com. I had changed the server the moment it was purchased and it's still pointing to my Efty account lol

•••
Epik LLC is basically just cosplaying as a registrar
That's a great line Brad, cosplaying. Well done. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

•••
•••

I look forward to hearing more about what happened.

In general though, it is probably not a good idea to do business with a dying registrar, that scammed customers, and has supposed "new" secretive ownership.

"New" Epik vs. "Old" Epik...What's the difference?

Brad
Epik LLC admitted that the domain theft was due to them being socially engineered.

stolendomain.jpg

It seems unlikely that this is an isolated case.

If it happened here, I am sure it happened to others. It's likely many people don't even notice the missing domain(s).

Again, this entity "Epik LLC" is not even an ICANN accredited registrar.

I am not sure what authority they have on this matter when dealing with ICANN or another registrar. The accreditation has never actually changed ownership.

Epik LLC is either being run by the same clowns that created this mess to begin with, or new clowns that have no idea how to operate a registrar.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
If it happened here, I am sure it happened to others. It's likely many people don't even notice the missing domain(s).
New Years day will be spent comparing and contrasting misc excel files along with names listed on various platforms. Going to be like gas on a flame if I find one missing. Let's hope not.

•••
How about using some kind of portfolio management system like this?

https://domain.io

Do things like this allow you to detect theft?

Last edited:
•••
In my case, I have not checked out domain io, frankly, in 20+ years of this I've never been concerned a domain might be 'missing' (I did have one taken by a registrar a few years ago).

This year I've done some culling...couple hundred names...so it will take a while with the data side by side but once I'm through, I'll know for sure if any have slipped away.

•••

https://domain.io

Do things like this allow you to detect theft?
If you have a list of domains that should be in your account, the easiest option is probably exporting the domains that are actually in your account then using a list comparison tool to compare the two lists to see if anything is missing.

Something like this -

http://www.listdiff.com/

•••
In my case, I have not checked out domain io, frankly, in 20+ years of this I've never been concerned a domain might be 'missing' (I did have one taken by a registrar a few years ago).

This year I've done some culling...couple hundred names...so it will take a while with the data side by side but once I'm through, I'll know for sure if any have slipped away.
I knew something was fishy at Epik when a few of my more valuable domains kept mysteriously "unlocking themselves." I always keep my domains locked unless I am in the process of transferring them. Someone was obviously in their system unlocking domains. I assumed that it was a hacker, since it was well-known that Epik (like GoDaddy) had been hacked. Now I wonder if it was an insider instead.

I feel really fortunate that I got out a year or so ago without losing funds.

•••
•••
I knew something was fishy at Epik when a few of my more valuable domains kept mysteriously "unlocking themselves." I always keep my domains locked unless I am in the process of transferring them. Someone was obviously in their system unlocking domains. I assumed that it was a hacker, since it was well-known that Epik (like GoDaddy) had been hacked. Now I wonder if it was an insider instead.

I feel really fortunate that I got out a year or so ago without losing funds.
That is an interesting thing about the "socially engineered" domain.

Most registrars will send an email out when a domain lock status changes, but certainly when there is a transfer request. In that case did either happen? I assume not.

Logistically, how was the domain moved?

Did the other party gain full account access?

Again, we know Epik can move domains internally without generating any notification either via email or in your account, because it happened to me with PianoMoving.com.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
a few of my more valuable domains kept mysteriously "unlocking themselves."
I caught the magical 'unlock' happening more than once. Had one rep actually argue with me that the screenshot I sent was wrong...it was still unlocked!

There have been several 'tweaks' in the site in the last week...I wonder if something bold is coming soon?!?!

•••
And Masterbucks stopped changing the version number.

•••
I caught the magical 'unlock' happening more than once. Had one rep actually argue with me that the screenshot I sent was wrong...it was still unlocked!

There have been several 'tweaks' in the site in the last week...I wonder if something bold is coming soon?!?!
I don't think there was ever a proper accounting of what happened with the data breach.

I would still be concerned with what data is in the hands of third parties and what potential backdoors might exist.

And, let's assume there really are "new" owners...If that is the case, I would be concerned about the parties responsible for this scam still having account access.

Then there is the possibility that there is not much difference between the "new" owners and old owners. If that is the case, you certainly don't want them having account access.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back