Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agree with Reece, I just don't agree with the 300k, as I believe that Quads, CVCV and VCVC (including Y), Dictionaries, Foreign Language Dicts and a few other highly brandable are a bit more that 156k.

It must be impossible to check all this, but still 200-300k is a fair value IMHO.

Also... remember to remove developed sites. :)

•••
Good point Shenron! I totally forgot about the developed sites (which I think we've agreed is likely somewhere between 16-28%).

Shenron said:
Agree with Reece, I just don't agree with the 300k, as I believe that Quads, CVCV and VCVC (including Y), Dictionaries, Foreign Language Dicts and a few other highly brandable are a bit more that 156k.

It must be impossible to check all this, but still 200-300k is a fair value IMHO.

Also... remember to remove developed sites. :)

•••
Reece said:
Good point Shenron! I totally forgot about the developed sites (which I think we've agreed is likely somewhere between 16-28%).

The number of dropping LLLL.com is decreasing month after month.

Let`s not forget that the demand was there before domainers spotted the "flip deal" and that demand continues to grow.

The "all premium letters" dropping are getting rare now ,just 17 due within the next 45 days.

THis price drop that we have seen in March is due only because too many "I want to be Millionaire overnight people" joined us first pushing prices high too fast in such short time and then by flipping them immediately hurting the market , then naysayers could not wait anything better and also the tens of silly useless countdown dried the buyers pockets.....it`s just a mix of things but in the long run, I can`t see any problem.

•••
I agree Lorenzo, it was certainly a combination of prices rising too fast, people having too high of expectations, people diversifying into other markets (to some extent, perhaps because of naysayers), and widespread economic uncertainty (which once again, naysayers aren't helping ease).

My personal opinion is that 10 years from now you'll do very well for yourself invested in any LLLL.coms... Short term is unpredictable but I think we all know where we're heading long term -- and that's towards an increasingly scarce supply of short dotcom domain names combined with increasing demand for what little remains for sale on the aftermarket.

italiandragon said:

Let`s not forget that the demand was there before domainers spotted the "flip deal" and that demand continues to grow.

The "all premium letters" dropping are getting rare now ,just 17 due within the next 45 days.

THis price drop that we have seen in March is due only because too many "I want to be Millionaire overnight people" joined us first pushing prices high too fast in such short time and then by flipping them immediately hurting the market , then naysayers could not wait anything better and also the tens of silly useless countdown dried the buyers pockets.....it`s just a mix of things but in the long run, I can`t see any problem.

•••
bgmv said:
jido said:
I reeally like that Ceso.

Hoax.com is a great sale.
Good for the J-names

I agree it really is an awesome name. Especially because I own HOHX.com
Actually the sale price looked high to me for this name. Great sale!

•••
•••
Reece said:
I agree Lorenzo, it was certainly a combination of prices rising too fast, people having too high of expectations, people diversifying into other markets (to some extent, perhaps because of naysayers), and widespread economic uncertainty (which once again, naysayers aren't helping ease).

My personal opinion is that 10 years from now you'll do very well for yourself invested in any LLLL.coms... Short term is unpredictable but I think we all know where we're heading long term -- and that's towards an increasingly scarce supply of short dotcom domain names combined with increasing demand for what little remains for sale on the aftermarket.

oh...and I totally forgot the mess created by the scammers. :|

Yes, 10 years from now there may be only 2 scenarios:

1) I`ll be Millionaire

2) the internet collapsed all together and we won`t be using anymore .com to access it or whatever will replace it.

What is more possible? :bingo:

•••
I just hope I keep the patience to keep them that long. :)

•••
italiandragon said:
oh...and I totally forgot the mess created by the scammers. :|

Yes, 10 years from now there may be only 2 scenarios:

1) I`ll be Millionaire

2) the internet collapsed all together and we won`t be using anymore .com to access it or whatever will replace it.

What is more possible? :bingo:

I am not even thinking about my LLLL dot coms for now. You are right, this is a long term investment. If you can keep it for few years and then open the treasure, you will be a millionaire.

Your second scenario, can't wait for that day to happen so I can find some time for myself. ;)

•••
italiandragon said:

I agree, in the long run 4L.coms are a true winner. Patience is virtue. Long term investors of 4L.com will be laughing in the end. :bingo:

•••
Posted a new post on my blog (www.dnbuff.com) about the recent TRAFFIC Auction sales. Even if you're totally not interested in the domaining scene, should provide a nice read.
You can view the post here and please do subscribe to my RSS feed by clicking the orange button on the top right corner, so that you get notified as soon as a new post is posted.

•••
I don't have exact numbers but it seems that number of drops in March was greater than number of drops in February. I remember at least 3 days in March when there were more than 100 drops and a lot of days with 60-80 drops! This drove prices down. Last 5 days still number of drops decreased to 60-20 per day and on 6th of April we will see just 15 drops (this is the record!). Drops todays is the biggest player on the market and it's the only player that can influence the market.

Just imagine the day when there will be no drops at all. This will happen when all names will come to the hands of those domainers who invested in LLLL.com thoroughly from hands of those domainers who bought 20-40 LLLL.coms and forgot that they are domainers. This will happen in approximately 5-6 months. Those names that were registered in the last days of final buy-out will be less likely to drop that those names that are dropping today. Anyway, we will see new records (just 10 drops, just 5 drops) and this will drive prices to high.

Reece said:
Pretty much every category Shenron mentioned is experiencing moderate-strong growth. CVCVs and quad premium (including U) VCVCs are really seeing impressive results lately and continue to set the bar high on what a great LLLL.com is worth.

I can't agree with Reece on this. CVCVs and VCVCs right - they haven't seen any price drop but quad premiums and especially triple-premiums + U,W,V,J,K did see price drop, even quality ones. I remember there was a week when majority of them was 150$ and higher. Todays they tend more to 100$ mark and sometimes you can see steals in 70-80$ region... even with U. This happens IMHO because people stopped buying names in panic and now are waiting and thinking about each purchase. And this is very good because now market will be developing smoothly and more predictable. And still I think resellers LLLL.coms is much more perspective than LLL.coms in long run. What we see today is that flippers already can't expect easily 20-50$ profit on a domain within week. And flippers quit some LLLL.com auctions and demand decreased, but I see that it is already about a week that demand on LLLL.coms on aftermarket auctions slightly increasing and prices will do their 10-20% increase per month.

•••
•••
Yeah, I think one .asia reg costs approximately $16. I could've easily regged a LLL.asia during the landrush and sold it at a 200 % ROI in a couple of months but I'd made up my mind that I wouldn't touch the damn things. Moreover, in the long run, I guess it's a question of your reputation.

•••
italiandragon said:
it`s just a mix of things but in the long run, I can`t see any problem.

Here's the key :imho:

I have all my domains (and LLLL .nets and .coms are 75% of those) renewed until June now, and looking at my bank account balance I notice that Big G as already sent me the renewal fees for the rest up to September... :)

**Shenron Kisses Larry Page and Sergey Brin** :!:

•••
Triples decreased alot last week, but I didn't really notice much of a further fall from there. My price guide quotes the min wholesale on a quad premium as $350 on March 20th, I don't see it as having dropped from there and as stated on March 20th, "prices remain all over the place" with quad premiums but we continue to see plenty of very strong sales in this segment.

I can't say the same thing unfortunately for the poorer quality LLLL.coms which I think have underperformed pretty much everyone's expectations lately. And I agree Andrei -- I think this change in buyer behaviour is good for the market in the long run.

Something I forgot to mention earlier... There are a few ABBA/AABB LLLL.coms currently on auction at Sedo. This should provide some of the first solid evidence for what kind of potential these domains have in an auction environment.

•••
Today's TDNX (still running) ending in just few hours. Looks like prices are recovering.

Domain Name Traffic # Bids Price Time Left
oawn.com 11 8 $114 1H 28M
umlu.com 4 11 $115 3H 1M
qfsh.com - 5 $42 4H 19M
xsxm.com 4 4 $51 5H 9M
geua.com 15 10 $111 5H 36M

•••
lftw.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 510 USD
SEDO

•••
sibaong said:
GoMo .com - $11k (Afternic)

Now thats nice. I have appraised it at 4k$ just 3 months ago..

•••
LFTW.com

bricio said:
LFTW,com at sedo -> $510

LTFW,com was mine.

Also sold FAHK,com today at DNF for $245.

•••
observed at TDNX

oawn.com $114+7= $121
umlu.com $140+7= $147

still running tdnx auctions today:

Domain Name Traffic # Bids Price Time Left
qfsh.com - 5 $42 37M 3S
xsxm.com 4 4 $51 1H 27M
geua.com 15 10 $111 1H 54M

Last edited:
•••
Today @SnapNames

jnud.com $85.00
ntuu.com $111.00
nujg.com $40.00
sewr.com $375.00
unmm.com $112.00
vact.com $800.00
bjvk.com $35.00
bljr.com $80.00
bzfj.com $40.00
jzfp.com $34.00
mqjc.com $34.00
mrxq.com $35.00
mwjq.com $34.00
mzxt.com $35.00
nqdz.com $34.00
rcxq.com $42.00
xtyj.com $31.00
xzpq.com $35.00
zspq.com $31.00
ztwd.com $44.00
nfrq.com $43.00
nqgl.com $43.00

•••
•••
TDNX

qfsh.com $42 +7=$49
xsxm.com $51+7= $58
geua.com $155+7= $162

by the way, at public TDNAM auction is ajsq.com (not mine), ending in 2 hours, currently only at $39. Estibot values it at $150.

Last edited:
•••
vlad74 said:
observed at TDNX

umlu.com $140+7= $147

I liked that one and it was a good price IMHO !

Also just wanted to say thanks to all for the daily/weekly updates. I am pressed for time usually and appreciate the effort!! :kickass:

Repped tossed around to a few! :D Rep tossed around for others later! :D

Have a good one!

Nsane

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back