NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ergo said:
Today I tried to analyze why we saw price collapse in the end of March. Because largest player on LLLL.com market are deleting domains auctions (there are no much domainers that can sell 50-100 domains daily...) I decided to analyze number of drops.

I analyzed period from 01-Nov-2007 to 08-Apr-2008 for number of drops. This is more than 5 months of LLLL.com after-buyout reseller market.

You can download this graph to see what we have. It clearly represents current trend of number of LLLL.com drops.

Average number of drops daily:

November 96
December 70
January 79
February 50
March 50
April 36 (8 days)

Average number of drops without 3 largest and smallest values:

November 79.7
December 67.1
January 64.96
February 49.6
March 44.9
April 36.1 (8 days)

If current trend will continue we will see minimum number (5-6 drops daily in average) already in August!

In 2009-2010 we will have several deleting domains per week!

Now let's look at the prices what caused major price increase in the end of February - beginning of March. From graph you can see that number of drops in this period was stabilized and was just 30-50 daily without any jumps. That caused (together with SnapNames pricing politics at that time!) that all LLLL.coms were backordered. Expectations of even greater price increases moved domainers to outbid each other and prices went up!

However in March number of drops didn't decrease and there were days when more than 100 deleting domains were auctioned through SnapNames! When prices were in 20-40$ region market could consume even 500 drops (there were days in November (489 drops) and January (455), but 100 drops per day in a row with 60$ minimum backorder fee and with sudden flow-out of investors from LLLL.com market to other niches (.asia landrush was most active at this time) and with fears of global economy recession was a strong coincidence. Investors started waiting and waiting to see what happens. More drops + Less investors + premature LLLL.com price increase (some niches) = all this caused even greater prices decrease.

But look at major trend of LLLL.com drops! If it continues I think we can still expect 100$ minimum price for the worst LLLL.com in the end of year!

With each-month decreasing number of drops prices for all categories of LLLL.coms (especially quad-premium, triple-premium) will start to grow again and in a long run LLLL.coms are most profitable niche IMHO!

ps. I analyzed only Pool.com data without data from TDNAM and NameJet but though number of deleting domains at TDNAM is quite considerable I think that even data from Pool.com may represent current trends.

Great Job Ergo !! Rep on the way, but really....maybe this one was better suited for the evaluation thread :)

Note: it would be even better if you could make the English version of that graph so we can post it everywhere, cheers :)

Last edited:
•••
italiandragon said:
Great Job Ergo !! Rep on the way, but really....maybe this one was better suited for the evaluation thread :)
I agree.

It was a nice read Ergo and rep you for the good work.

•••
We will see another nice sale today, Fela.com is at 4,201 $US with an hour to go!

•••
•••
Great post Ergo!
Thx for an excellent work :)

Rep... if I can.. :p

•••
tetrapak said:
We will see another nice sale today, Fela.com is at 4,201 $US with an hour to go!
WOW

It ended at $6,700

•••
xman said:
WOW

It ended at $6,700

great sale.. name could be typo of fella
google for FELA return 3.4 mil
:bingo:

•••
xman said:
WOW

It ended at $6,700

quality cvcv prices are going up, and up

plus these are all getting bought by domainers no doubt, albeit deeper pocket ones.
don't think people realise how few 'endusers' trawl 'our' venues

•••
arnie said:
quality cvcv prices are going up, and up

plus these are all getting bought by domainers no doubt, albeit deeper pocket ones.
don't think people realise how few 'endusers' trawl 'our' venues
Indeed...I think this is a fairly accurate reflection of rising reseller values on good CVCVs!

•••
Damn CVCV.com prices are crazy nowadays .. Witu.com on Sedo right now, currently at $4,6k with more than 1 hour left. :O

Planoali, can I buy back Hono . com please? ;) ;)

•••
Today @SnapNames

blto.com $424.00
guhp.com $110.00
qkww.com $34.00
rlav.com $85.00
yzqw.com $32.00
dylj.com $34.00
idun.com $1,273.00
ywfx.com $35.00
muvy.com $800.00

All triple-premiums and similar quality axxg.com, lcpq.com, lzyo.com, pbqc.com, vwdr.com, yggl.com, zcnd.com, ztci.com were not at public auction so I guess they have been caught by SN or Pool backorder (e.g. minimum $60)

•••
Ergo said:
Today @SnapNames

blto.com $424.00
guhp.com $110.00
qkww.com $34.00
rlav.com $85.00
yzqw.com $32.00
dylj.com $34.00
idun.com $1,273.00
ywfx.com $35.00
muvy.com $800.00
GUHP.com was a nice grab at $110!

And I'd have though MUVY.com might have gone higher as well, given its potential as a brandable movie site.

•••
Ergo said:
blto.com $424.00

I am surprised this went to Snapnames. Awhile back, in January, I made a $150 offer for this domain. Owner wanted $250, and I did not bought it.

Sometimes I can't understand people letting their name drop. What would have costed him to drop me an email, and ask me to buy it for $200 let's say. Nothing, I would have paid that amount in an instant. Instead of letting it to drop. Weird.

•••
Alex said:
Ergo said:
blto.com $424.00

I am surprised this went to Snapnames. Awhile back, in January, I made a $150 offer for this domain. Owner wanted $250, and I did not bought it.

Sometimes I can't understand people letting their name drop. What would have costed him to drop me an email, and ask me to buy it for $200 let's say. Nothing, I would have paid that amount in an instant. Instead of letting it to drop. Weird.
You shouldn't be surprised just look at how wise he did. Instead of selling it to you for 150$ (he offered you 250$!!! you should have bought it at that price) he put it to auction at SnapNames.

Remeber SnapNames isn't only dropped names auction!

•••
Ergo said:
You shouldn't be surprised just look at how wise he did. Instead of selling it to you for 150$ (he offered you 250$!!! you should have bought it at that price) he put it to auction at SnapNames.

Remeber SnapNames isn't only dropped names auction!

Ok, you are right. Regarding the $250, at that time, the minimum quad premium price was $200. I remember buying on NP quads for $170 - $190 back then.

•••
Ok, you are right. Regarding the $250, at that time, the minimum quad premium price was $200. I remember buying on NP quads for $170 - $190 back then.

It was already $250 minimum price for something like BLTO. I remember Pheven selling his portfolio of 80 quad-premiums for $300 each without problems during one or two weeks. It was in January.

•••
$24000 that was.... today those are worth $40000 easily...

/Shenron cries like a baby

•••
at sedo

VUFI,com -> $1,390
LETP,com -> $800
YASM,com -> $850

Last edited:
•••
observed at TDNX today:

oyyg.com $67
cbog.com $441
wwlj.com $50
wlwh.com $130
iqzx.com $80
kzof.com $50

+regfee ($7-$10)

Tomorrow there will be no report because there are no expired LLLL.com tomorrow at TDNAM!

Currently there are 93 listings at TDNAM expired for the next 10 days.

•••
vlad74 said:
observed at TDNX today:

oyyg.com $67
cbog.com $441
wwlj.com $50
wlwh.com $130
iqzx.com $80
kzof.com $50

+regfee ($7-$10)

Tomorrow there will be no report because there are no expired LLLL.com tomorrow at TDNAM!

Currently there are 93 listings at TDNAM expired for the next 10 days.

cheers for data

wlwh.com $130 great letters and a really low price imho

•••
Ergo said:
Today I tried to analyze why we saw price collapse in the end of March. Because largest player on LLLL.com market are deleting domains auctions (there are no much domainers that can sell 50-100 domains daily...) I decided to analyze number of drops.

I analyzed period from 01-Nov-2007 to 08-Apr-2008 for number of drops. This is more than 5 months of LLLL.com after-buyout reseller market.

You can download this graph to see what we have. It clearly represents current trend of number of LLLL.com drops.

Average number of drops daily:

November 96
December 70
January 79
February 50
March 50
April 36 (8 days)

Average number of drops without 3 largest and smallest values:

November 79.7
December 67.1
January 64.96
February 49.6
March 44.9
April 36.1 (8 days)

If current trend will continue we will see minimum number (5-6 drops daily in average) already in August!

In 2009-2010 we will have several deleting domains per week!

Now let's look at the prices what caused major price increase in the end of February - beginning of March. From graph you can see that number of drops in this period was stabilized and was just 30-50 daily without any jumps. That caused (together with SnapNames pricing politics at that time!) that all LLLL.coms were backordered. Expectations of even greater price increases moved domainers to outbid each other and prices went up!

However in March number of drops didn't decrease and there were days when more than 100 deleting domains were auctioned through SnapNames! When prices were in 20-40$ region market could consume even 500 drops (there were days in November (489 drops) and January (455), but 100 drops per day in a row with 60$ minimum backorder fee and with sudden flow-out of investors from LLLL.com market to other niches (.asia landrush was most active at this time) and with fears of global economy recession was a strong coincidence. Investors started waiting and waiting to see what happens. More drops + Less investors + premature LLLL.com price increase (some niches) = all this caused even greater prices decrease.

But look at major trend of LLLL.com drops! If it continues I think we can still expect 100$ minimum price for the worst LLLL.com in the end of year!

With each-month decreasing number of drops prices for all categories of LLLL.coms (especially quad-premium, triple-premium) will start to grow again and in a long run LLLL.coms are most profitable niche IMHO!

ps. I analyzed only Pool.com data without data from TDNAM and NameJet but though number of deleting domains at TDNAM is quite considerable I think that even data from Pool.com may represent current trends.
Nice post, totally agree :). repped.

pcpro said:
Damn CVCV.com prices are crazy nowadays .. Witu.com on Sedo right now, currently at $4,6k with more than 1 hour left. :O

Planoali, can I buy back Hono . com please?

lol :).

•••
I haven't been around to watch the prices, but the CVCV's and VCVC's seem to be holding strong value while the low end LLLL's seem to be settling. I still think the jury is out on LLLL's, and that the real show will start towards the beginning of summer.

•••
nice research Ergo! rep added

•••
witu.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 5,100 USD

cstw.com | Bidding History
Winning Bid: 125 USD
SEDO

•••
I can confirm that UXZK.com sold for $110 at TDNAM auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back