Dynadot

Tumbleweed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Right.

Let's try and get this place going.

Does anyone have any ideas?
There seems to have been a lot of things in the past about group teen projects. This thread is for ideas about what we can do to increase the teen zone's activity as well as for everyone to post their skills/etc.

I was thinking about convincing NPQueen to put a message in the header (near the live chat link) asking for teens to set their age in their profiles so that they can see this section. I feel a large number of people are unaware of this forum purely because they either set the incorrect age in their profiles, or if they don't set it at all.

Another is create a sort of teen badge? We should be proud that we are teens playing ball with the adults in a mature world.

I'm really open to any suggestions you lot have. Us teens our known for our creativity so lets show it.

Also, there's been two threads about a sort of live meeting. Perhaps we can get the forum more popular and have a sort of conference in the live chat? We can our own room in the NP live chat which I can moderate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That badge thing could be cool, near the MOTM medal.

I'm sure a lot of teens don't have their profiles set to the right age, we could probably build an army of 50+ people. :]

•••
I think the teen badge idea is really good.. we are all special after all :)

•••
Anyone else have any comments?

•••
Hey, a few from me...I know I talk a lot but oh well....

1) Love the badge idea we should be proud of being in the industry to young.

2) I dont like the chat idea I think, We only get on avg (non-live auction days) like 16 people in chat, I think if you started a Teen Chat Room it would soon be forgotten, also due to the low amount of people already in the main chat room, shouldn't we be trying to get that popular first?

3) I think maybe office interviews in the live chat on a spacific day would be good (you could use your chat room for this) and then post the transcript in a sub-forum.

4) I dont think NPQ will have that put in the header, however I do think somethign needs to be put in the PROFILE and REGISTRATION pages to inform them of the age situation.

5) It would be nice to make this forum more exclusive but we need to remember that older people can help the young and I think this is very important.

Thanks
Sean

•••
I like the badege idea too, Can anyone make one up?

Chat would be lots of fun but we would have to set a time

I like the header idea because most teens don't know about this

Would it be possible just to let everyone post in the thread even if they are older than most teens? I do not think adults would ruin it if anything they could only help.

•••
I spoke to NPQ about the badge. She said she didn't think it was going to be possible.

As for the notice in the header; she said she'd get on it once all the upgrade had been sorted!

•••
nice, I dont see why theres a problem with the badge thing really. Did she say why she didnt like it?

•••
I kind of dislike the idea. Obviously some of us like keeping our age secret. (aka its hiddion on my profile)

•••
I like the badge idea and I would attend every meeting.

As mentioned being a teen in adult world makes it hard work, I have no problem learning from adults but I would much rather share ideas with someone in a simualr situation to me.

Or maybe there just isnt many of us around?
Or maybe like me you jump straight to where the action is on the forum, I think this section lacks material, I mean what can we talk about here that the forum dosent already have a section for? Really how many "im a teengaer" threads are we expected to make...

I can see the points above, some people are reluctant to deal with teens, hence people stay away from this forum.

Why dont we get some small competitions going, to see who is doing the best out of us, or take it in turns to post "our story so far..." I think the later idea would be quite cool . :)

•••
•••
•••
I think the teen badge idea is really good.. we are all special after all :)

most definately, and special for only so long! Would we just have it go along where the awards are showcased below our name?

or maybe it could be included in our tagline (under our name). Something like "teen domainer"

=D

•••
If any of you are interested, you should apply for the position of moderator for the teen zone. Unfortunately Joe was fired, and we really need a mod in here now to take it further.

•••
If any of you are interested, you should apply for the position of moderator for the teen zone. Unfortunately Joe was fired, and we really need a mod in here now to take it further.
What he said. Are any of you enthusiastic about getting the ball rolling?

•••

I think I already have, along with an application to many other forums, 5 weeks later still waiting :(

anyway....

I do like the tag line "Teenage Domainer", a teenager can be anything up to the gae of 18 can't it? Seems ok with me :)

Sean

•••
I like the tag idea, could say something like: teenage domainer, TeenDN ect ect. There would probably also be a lot more teens here than we know about, so lets get some attention.

Do we need a moderator to create a tag??

•••
I like the tag idea, could say something like: teenage domainer, TeenDN ect ect. There would probably also be a lot more teens here than we know about, so lets get some attention.

administrator ;)

But yes, it sounds like a great idea :sold:

•••

Yes we need a moderator to talk and persuade an administrator. If a member went and requested this, they wont get anywhere.

•••
The badge is a possibility.

It's been discussed that maybe we should just close this forum and move the Teen area into the Social Groups. It has its own discussion area there, and you could see who the other group members are.

James already created one here:

http://www.namepros.com/groups/61-teen-domainers.html

What do you guys think?

•••
I think it's better as a separate board, as (for one thing) it has an age restriction on it. Groups can't have an age restriction, can they?

•••
They can. The age restriction is a custom modification we did for the forums. It could be applied to social groups as well.

•••
Nice addon RJ. Mind sharing ? ( I dont expect you to)

•••
RJ I think it is a great idea

•••
I think if you kill this forum and move it to a social group you will be killing the whole teenage forum idea.

Also, many young learn from the old, so I dont think its a good idea to put an age restriction on the forum.

I think the best idea would be to take a note of the number of members under 25, if this is quite a large amount then I think its the fourm that needs to be improved to make it more intresting. If there are enough member to make this type of forum popular I think the next step would be to create a large forum categorie like this:

|-Teenage Forums
|--Domaining
|--Hobbys
|--Tutorials
..You get the idea, basically a section that is more targeted towards teenagers. Even if this is just a trial (if it doesnt work just merge them all back in to one forum) i think its worth a try.

Tell me what ya think.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back