Dynadot

Tumbleweed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Right.

Let's try and get this place going.

Does anyone have any ideas?
There seems to have been a lot of things in the past about group teen projects. This thread is for ideas about what we can do to increase the teen zone's activity as well as for everyone to post their skills/etc.

I was thinking about convincing NPQueen to put a message in the header (near the live chat link) asking for teens to set their age in their profiles so that they can see this section. I feel a large number of people are unaware of this forum purely because they either set the incorrect age in their profiles, or if they don't set it at all.

Another is create a sort of teen badge? We should be proud that we are teens playing ball with the adults in a mature world.

I'm really open to any suggestions you lot have. Us teens our known for our creativity so lets show it.

Also, there's been two threads about a sort of live meeting. Perhaps we can get the forum more popular and have a sort of conference in the live chat? We can our own room in the NP live chat which I can moderate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lets get back to the subject at hand else people like Alex will need to read all this junk and may miss something importent.

Sean

:hehe: I may have skipped a few paragraphs/posts :guilty:

The point is, samuel, we aren't trying to segregate domaining and seperate domainers by age, but simply have a section where people who are similar to each other can talk about domaining. You say domaining isn't based around age, but it absolutely is. Hence things like adult domaining, websites aimed at college people, websites aimed at gaming (for teens), etc.... So to simply have a section where the younger domainers can share their similar thinking isn't segregation.

Anyway, we need a moderator to enact the ideas found in this thread. =)

-Alex-

•••
Totally agree.

I think the next step needs to come from NPQ, so we might aswell wait and see the result of the meeting tomorrow night.

Sean

•••
•••
I'm not trying to cause an argument or upset anyone, I just want to understand how you think what you do think. Sorry if it comes across any differently, but I feel I'm right and I want you to either see that or persuade me differently. Maybe my approach is a bit too brash, but it's the basic reason for me posting here.

The point is, samuel, we aren't trying to segregate domaining and seperate domainers by age, but simply have a section where people who are similar to each other can talk about domaining. You say domaining isn't based around age, but it absolutely is. Hence things like adult domaining, websites aimed at college people, websites aimed at gaming (for teens), etc.... So to simply have a section where the younger domainers can share their similar thinking isn't segregation.

Domaining to me, is the purchase of domain names for profit; be it through reselling, end users or development. I've never come across age specific domains or domaining.

I do agree that there are people online that view teenagers as incapable and untrustworthy, I won't deny that, but by creating a section that encourages segregation of users by age you're ultimately encouraging people to view "us" differently.

I'll use racism as an example, if you take 100 hundred black people and 100 white people and put them in 2 different villages, inevitably people will start notiving differences between the two groups, the same happens when you seperate domainers. By not having a section based upon age you're basically saying "Age is irrelevant!" and that should be the stance that any teenager takes.

Why seperate yourself further from the masses?

•••
Why seperate yourself further from the masses?

Why follow the masses? The teen section is simply a unique feature in addition to the rest of the forum.

You speak as if it's a life-long seperation from the world. This is simply an added section so that teens can meet and interact with people their age. Hardly comparable to racism.

•••
Why follow the masses? The teen section is simply a unique feature in addition to the rest of the forum.

You speak as if it's a life-long seperation from the world. This is simply an added section so that teens can meet and interact with people their age. Hardly comparable to racism.

What I've gathered from your posts is that you believe a teenager is treated not as well as an adult in this industry and struggle to find work, therefore your solution is a new section is created just for teenagers. Am I correct?

On the face of it, this solution is ideal, but only short term. It may be a struggle, but it's better to put effort into being treated equally than giving up and creating a whole new section which will push us further away - if your claim about less work because of age is true.

•••
What I've gathered from your posts is that you believe a teenager is treated not as well as an adult in this industry and struggle to find work, therefore your solution is a new section is created just for teenagers. Am I correct?

On the face of it, this solution is ideal, but only short term. It may be a struggle, but it's better to put effort into being treated equally than giving up and creating a whole new section which will push us further away - if your claim about less work because of age is true.

Nope. I never made such "claim."

I'm simply saying there is nothing wrong with a section dedicated towards younger domainers meeting younger domainers and discussing how they began to get involved in the buisness, their best registrations, current projects, etc...

•••
Nope. I never made such "claim."

I must have misread then.

I'm simply saying there is nothing wrong with a section dedicated towards younger domainers meeting younger domainers and discussing how they began to get involved in the buisness, their best registrations, current projects, etc...

I thought the suggestion was marketplace type sections for teens?

•••
•••
@Samuelhr: I must say man, my first feelings about you weren't the best, however after those more appropriate messages, you sound like a nice guy. So sorry if I was a bit sharp before.

I can see your point Samuel, but what I'm trying to say is that its not the skills of younger members that needs a new SMALL marketplace but its the price.

Many younger members don't have the money to pay for full designs, look at myself. When I started I charged only $25/HTML design, as my skills have improved and my cost of living has I can no longer afford to charge this price, however most younger members can, so by creating a services forum we would be not only providing more work for younger people but a cheaper option for buyers that at the end of the day usually don't have much cash.

Just my opinion, by the way...

I don't think its a good idea to call it a marketplace, else it will be spammed with domain sales, which wouldn't work because people can get more views in the normal forum and also people would be posting the same auctions...it just wouldn't work.

I'm thinking of more of a Services forum, for things like:

-Web Design
-Web Development
-Web Coding
-Programming
-SEO
-Directory Submission
-Graphic Design
and so on...

Sean

•••
Let's see what outcome today's meeting has =)

And sean, I thinnk that would be great, only needs to be a bit more condensed cause if not we may be left with a bunch of inactive forums =0

•••
Well NPQ doesn't seem to be online yet (well not in chat anyway) so I will wait and see if I can remind her later.

UPDATE: I think I have missed her :(

Sean

Last edited:
•••
Well NPQ doesn't seem to be online yet (well not in chat anyway) so I will wait and see if I can remind her later.

UPDATE: I think I have missed her :(

Sean

That's too bad. Patience is virtue i suppose :bingo:

•••
•••
Anyone know of any updates?

Sean

•••
•••
I apologize that we have not gotten to this yet. There have been several things that have come up that needed to be handled immediately.

I met with Jennifer and we have decided to open the applications for this forum up again. Here is the link to the thread

http://www.namepros.com/teen-zone/589194-looking-for-forum-moderator-teen-zone.html

We have also changed the name of the forum to Young Domainers and lifted the age limit to 21

Last edited:
•••
So I need to resubmit for the 3rd time?

Sean

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back