Dynadot

Tumbleweed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Right.

Let's try and get this place going.

Does anyone have any ideas?
There seems to have been a lot of things in the past about group teen projects. This thread is for ideas about what we can do to increase the teen zone's activity as well as for everyone to post their skills/etc.

I was thinking about convincing NPQueen to put a message in the header (near the live chat link) asking for teens to set their age in their profiles so that they can see this section. I feel a large number of people are unaware of this forum purely because they either set the incorrect age in their profiles, or if they don't set it at all.

Another is create a sort of teen badge? We should be proud that we are teens playing ball with the adults in a mature world.

I'm really open to any suggestions you lot have. Us teens our known for our creativity so lets show it.

Also, there's been two threads about a sort of live meeting. Perhaps we can get the forum more popular and have a sort of conference in the live chat? We can our own room in the NP live chat which I can moderate.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree with Joe. I think that we should move away from the 'teen' tag as well as the 'teen zone' forum which doesn't sound like anything respectable or anything that the majority of people would be interested in participating in.

I vote: YES !!

But lets all have in mind that this thread was started because some people saw the teen zone as "didn't matter", and they wanted to make the forum more "simple".

So whatever we deside for the "teen zone" to become, lets keep it simple, and not too confusing :sold:

•••
I think there is A LOT of stuff we can do to get this section rolling and through these three pages I'm sure it can be executed with some level of success.

As of now I think the biggest issue is getting a moderator back in the section so that all these ideas can be carried through to the administration.

=D

•••
•••
well, let try at least. Any luck so far with the moderators sean ?

Last edited:
•••
well, let try at least. Any lock so far with the moderators sean ?

Last I heard it seems like they are going through the process of picking one. =D

-alex-

•••
One was supposed to be picked on Tuesday, never heard anything.

I was told if someone had been picked they would have been told, so maybe we arn't getting one :(

Sean

•••
I don't remember this topic coming up at the meeting last Tuesday with Jennifer and Rachel. I'll request that it's added to the agenda for next week.

•••
I don't remember this topic coming up at the meeting last Tuesday with Jennifer and Rachel. I'll request that it's added to the agenda for next week.

cool, thanks. :cy:

•••

Thats really nice, thank you

•••
•••
Thanks for the update RJ.

Good Luck everyone.

•••
We created a Social Group here http://www.namepros.com/groups/87-zone-30-under.html for 30 and under. It seems that this forum is more of a Social Group dynamic anyway. We will see how the Social Group does and then make a determination on what to do with this forum.

Last edited:
•••
ok, joined.

However, I think from what we have seen so far the groups area of NP has died out within a few days of its release.

i dont mean to sound offensive, but I think it would be best if we try and improve the forums now, else the groups thing will not go down good causing a negitive representation of this fourm as a whole anyway.

•••
ok, joined.

However, I think from what we have seen so far the groups area of NP has died out within a few days of its release.

i dont mean to sound offensive, but I think it would be best if we try and improve the forums now, else the groups thing will not go down good causing a negitive representation of this fourm as a whole anyway.

I agree, I think a "club" has much less power than that of a forum, or section of the website. If there IS a moderator he will be much more than a leader of a club, he will be the leader of this section—meaning he can do things to expand the teen zone, enact or carry through many of the teen member ideas, etc... There is a stark difference between this section and the club. With a moderator there becomes a greater potential for an expanded teen zone. :blink:

B-)

-Alex-

•••
yep, exactly.

I think its just on step forward two steps back :)

•••
Well, any suggestions ? Because the group thing, will probalby be fun for the next two or three days, then flatline into "just another random group".

•••
@Finnerup: Exactly.

I think the original plans that Joe left us with would be a good place to start. Maybe a few tweeks.

Sean

•••
We did discuss this briefly during our weekly meeting. We will continue this discussion next Tuesday. We too liked the idea of opening this up to members under 30. Please keep the communication going in here, we are following along :)

•••
We did discuss this briefly during our weekly meeting. We will continue this discussion next Tuesday. We too liked the idea of opening this up to members under 30. Please keep the communication going in here, we are following along :)

great :cy:

I think opening it to those under 30 will definately increase the usage of this forum, but I'm not exactly sure if thats what is needed since it takes away some of the uniqueness of this forum section. :imho:

Expanding it to say under 21 is one thing, but going up to 30 seems to me like it'll include too many people and simply.. again, take away from the uniqueness about the "teen" and "young" people's own section. :blink:

-Alex-

•••
If the only thing the subforum will be able to offer is: Under 30, Why not just visit the other froums when?

The "teen" thing is so far one of the only thing holding this together. Don't "kill" the spirit, make it better by including subjects such as gaming, sparetime ect.

I say 21 = limit i my world, fine idea though

•••
Ye, I must agree, onece you go over the age of 21 you become an Adult, 30 is way too old!

3/3 votes for 21.

ok, how about...How are we going to extend the forum?

I think maybe a teen services section from teen -2- Teen would be a great thing to help make the foum more popular.

so people could post there services (max 1 post per 7 days), so it becomes like a mini marketplace for teenagers only, this will give this area a BIG BOOST and will get it more known within the community.

Sean

•••
Jep, i couldn't say it better

•••
I disagree entirely, as pointed out previously.

•••
30?! Need I say more.

I disagree with the marketplace, we don't need our own category over here. What we need is a rebrand to appeal to anyone that we do open the forum to.

•••
ok, so 21 is better ;) What will this forum offer that is "unique" that they cant find elsewhere? What is the draw to participate here?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back