IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If I remember right, I was about to get this domain last year, but it got renewed. Well, that is a great sale

Same, lol.

•••
belar-us femal-es luxuri-es peopl-es dolla-rs
anyone have interest?

•••
•••
•••
Any Value for Searchi.ng Domain Hack for Searching . How much could i sell it?

A lot of companies are buying .ng Hack domains for branding and redirecting to their website.
Example are :
Invoici.ng
Shoppi.ng
Loopi.ng
Buyi.ng

Also in namebio .ng hacks sold >> https://namebio.com/?s==cDNzgzM2gTM
as a matter of fact , doi.ng sold on sedo last week for $2,777

•••
•••
Auto was recently dropped and caught by Park.io. It got sold for $7,200. I was bidding until it was at $5.5k. Congrats to the buyer.

•••
•••
•••
The people I deal with every day are FINANCE-related and if you don't care about that market, then good luck with that. You'll need it.

And "life hack"? Please. No one is hacking people (yet) and accurate corollaries to Domain Hack would be Bank Hack, Account Hack, Corporate Hack, etc. In the standard business world HACK = BAD/SKETCHY and that's just a reality of life today, and 10 years ago.

I have sold several domain hacks to Fortune 500. They don't care if I call them domain hacks, branded short domains or whatever. And by the way those people don't hang around domain forums. This is a non issue unless you work in naming and in that case you can come up with whatever name fits your boat.

Domain hacks have a bad rep because of DOMAINERS. That's been my observation for the past 10 years. But keep it that way so we'll have the market for ourselves.

•••
I've discovered a very interesting and strange-looking hack recently: PREML.GE used for Premier League

Thanks! The weekly Nami.ng update is up, including this one.

•••
Sold a handful of hacks for mid $x,xxx - seems to be a sweet spot for end users

•••
Hi everyone. What would you estimate the price difference between the domain gold.fish and goldfi.sh would be?
Well... very good question :) Technically both are hacks, while the first one is preferred by pronunciation (if someone cares about that in hacks). To me, value is almost the same and if I have to buy one of them on aftermarket I wouldn't pay times more to the first one. So, let's say 1.5X vs 1X is a maximum for me.

•••
Can we share hand reggd two words domains hacks. I am looking for some two words hacks learning
I own some, like IceAge TheAge AntiAge AdAge

I think you guess my formula :)

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys. Do domain hacks fall under the same categories as non-hacks? Like LLL, NNN, CCVC, NNLN, etc. For example, would the hack, GO.AT be considered an LL or CV domain? or are there a different category for hacks? Thanks in advance.
GO.AT is a hack and LL keyword ccTLD at the same time. If an example would be TW.AT then its 90% hack and 10% some LL acronym possibility.

•••
@Alexej K
Are you the owner of nami.ng ?

Max from @DomainHacks.com owns the domain, the website itself is being developed and managed by me.

We've partnered up in recent months to generate a wider awareness of Domain hacks in the domaining and business world, got some interesting ideas and discussions going so we'll see where that leads us.

•••
$5k a year renewal is a lot. I wouldn't consider it unless it was going to be used for a personal business. I wouldn't register one just to add to my portfolio in hopes of selling it higher unless the domain was "D.NA"

It's ours ;)

By the way we've sold emo.to for $x,xxx via Dan.com.

•••
Some posts back there was discussion of the me.nu sale, and whether the price should have been higher.
Perhaps someone previously posted this and I missed it, but thought I would add the following sales stats, at least as reflected by sales on NameBio (obviously probably less than 20% of all retails sales):
  • 0 domain hack sales above $200,000
  • 3 domain hack sales above $100,000
  • 23 domain hack sales >= $20,000
  • 53 domain hack sales >=$10,000
The me.nu sale placed between the wall.et sale from last year and the wi.de sale this year, in the top 10 of all hack sales on NameBio.

Note the NameBio seem to define hack in the narrower way, a single word broken by the dot, and not the way some do that also include two word terms separated by the dot.

Here is the list of domain name hacks on NameBio.

Bob

•••
Agreed. We're in the technology age and fortunes are made online these days. A domain is your real estate, who doesn't want a storefront in Beverly Hills. I feel the first million dollar hack could be a cryptocurrency one. coinmarketcap.com was recently purchased for $400 million.
We were brokering Cryp.to (one of the oldest domain hacks in existence) for €1M. All bias aside it's worth this amount to the right end user.

•••
Weekly update on the domain hacks world is up:

Save and share the Plac.es you want to go.

Reuters using Reut.rs as a URL shortener across their social media.

TheQkit owning Stre.am.

Discover more at Nami.ng

•••
•••
•••
As a domain investor I'd of course prefer owning crypto.com (I will never spend that kind of money on it though).

As a domain collector and founder I prefer cryp.to.

As a sidenote...

The funny thing is, that all these domains originate from notable cryptography researchers.

Crypto.com - Matt Blaze
Cryp.to - Peter Simons
Cr.yp.to - Daniel J. Bernstein

•••
The problem with hacks is they are usually names broken by the dot.

Is that...a problem?

We love hacks because of the dot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back