Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
meals2.png

I'm open to offers. Meal services are a rapidly growing industry, as are online recipe directories.
It's also convenient for using subdomains on it.

•••
Shameless on-topic plug.

Happy to announce the launch of Nami.ng!

Decided to track all the short single-word domain hacks currently in business use. It's still in early stages, so I invite everyone to share active sites!

•••
Sold College for X,XXX with direct contact and Sedo Escrow

•••
•••
@CobraKai
for me here is what I think is more valued:

1) Fi.sh
2) Gold.Fish
3) GoldFi.sh

Explanation:
The first one is very great one word domain hack, I will price it for a range between $20,000-$50,000
The second one is a cool domain hack and Easy to Read, I will price it for a range between $5000-$10,000
The third one will be under $1000

•••
We are brokering Onli.ne & Degr.ee.

•••
Welcoming Musta.ng to Namepros the first China-based domain hacker club.

•••
Welcoming Musta.ng to Namepros the first China-based domain hacker club.

Thanks Max,

It is my honor to meet everyone, and I hope to learn from my friends. Musta.ng wishes everyone a steadily increasing investment income.:xf.wink:

•••
Attention Domain Hacks community!

I've taken some of the feedback and recommendations on board, and just uploaded a brand new update of Nami.ng.

Release notes:
  • You can now see how many domain hacks are being tracked (total, brands, corporate, personal)
  • Sort by:
- Latests added (none this week, focus was on the UX & functionality),
- Section - Brand, Corporate, URL Shortener and Personal
- Alphabetically
  • Currently trial of the "Promoted Domain Hacks" slider (as you'll notice, currently all are mine, but I'll soon be updating with a few domain hacks of some of the people who sponsored the site)
  • Not yet visible, but there will be a new "Blog" section added - the goal is to include interviews with some of the founders / companies who've build their brand on a domain hack

There are couple of more changes under-the-hood which will enable to grow and add to the site a lot easier.

If you come across any glitches (mobile / web), feel free to tweet or DM here.

Feedback welcome,

Enjoy and discover!

Al

•••
Share:
  • desk.top / 11,000 USD / 2019-12-03 / buyer:desktop.com
  • ed.ge / 10,000 USD / 2019-05-01 / buyer:edge.network
Seller:Capit.al
Platform:Dan.com

Last edited:
•••
me.et (DomainHacks.com/Flippa) met the $15,100 reserve at Flippa. The biggest reported sale of 26.1.21.

•••
Okay, let's get this thread back to business! I found a few more domain hacks being put to good use.

intra.net
--> vialect.com (They sell Intranet solutions).
a.mp --> winksite.com (Creating mobile websites).
chit.chat --> A site where you pay to connect to people. II guess it is under development.
fr.at --> A DeFi platform
n.at --> neckermann.at (Seems like a local company using it for their store.)
br.at --> bitrace.at
u.ae --> Official Government Website of UAE.
de.fi --> Upcoming it seems.
blinki.st --> Blinkist.com (A service which provides summarized audio content for books and such).

What I notice, as a growing trend, is that most new businesses which are social media savvy or ones which target a younger audience, tend to get the domain hack of their name together with a .com or whatever. Also, it seems that unlike gTLDs which can directly capture two-word (or more) phrases, domain hacks with ccTLDs cannot easily be acquired simply on account of trademarks. I'm not suggesting that one tries to squat on those names, but I am saying that companies cannot just randomly claim that this is a violation when your actual keyword is not their name. The extension in a ccTLD is not meant to be a part of the name, but we use it like that in a hack. In the new gTLDs, the domain extension is very much meant to be part of the name.

Also, it is just incredible how gTLDs are pricing their names. All good hacks and phrases are already marked premium and with, sometimes, absurdly high fees. Here is a relatively new TLD that you may not have heard about, https://icannwiki.org/.ist. Before you look up prices for nice hacks possible with .ist, here's an example!

Makes you like the .st extension so much more! I managed to get Physici.st last year without paying any premium. I did, however, got one domain in .ist, called completion.ist as it was not marked a premium.
upload_2021-4-14_23-27-45.png

I guess we could share our occasional good hand-registrations or acquisitions for domain hacks here. I'd begin err... end by expressing my sincere.st desire to see domain hacks flourish. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
Sedo announced the sale of samur.ai for $50,000 via their Twitter page.

A big month for domain hacks.

We are working toward a 2nd edition of Sedo's Domain Hacks Auction.

•••
Just for fun, let me share a couple of interesting domain hacks I have...

- Sit.com ('sitcom' - also, of course a dictionary word LLL.com).

- Ma.am (am = Armenia registry)

Last edited:
•••
•••
I still have nam.es - don't use it anymore, as I am not so active in domaining lately.. And it's the only possible domain for: [email protected] email :)
If anyone want to get serious with it - let me know.

•••
I started my "branding service" for startup and company on this name: Rename.it

I think it's a nice sense hack "key+tld" :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
I hold some good hacks. Could you please connect me with Sedo rep? Thanks

Login to Sedo > Go to "My Domains" > Click "Sales Settings" View > Select your Domain Hacks > Click "Promote Domains" > Click "Domain Hack Auction"

Good luck! :)

•••
I really don't get this one. Spending thousands of dollars on a crappy ccTLD, and forwarding it to their main website. How much traffic is that strategy going to bring in? Or am I missing something?
It's more about social media channels and URL shortening. Also, minor reason could be ownership of longer URL instead of keyword domain. E.g. LoungeUnderwear.com took Loun.ge

•••
•••
Sold Knowledge for X,XXX on Sedo

•••
@Alexej K - I have been working on a landing page for the Go.LA site with the Epik website builder and have come across a social site link available 'Tawk.to' (obviously a play on 'talk to') - wondered if you had come across it and was thinking of putting it up on the nami.ng site?

Didn't come across it (altho funnily enough, going through the names that will be updated on the site tomorrow, now)

The main focus on Nami.ng are one-word English dictionary names (corporate URL shorteners and Personal names), so it wouldn't really match the criteria right now.

That's a Great idea, and I would love to support you guys!

We hope that's all startups start adopting domains hacks. Because that's we help us to sell our names faster.

We are aiming not only to grow the awareness, but also to provide an outlet to help sell domain hacks, so watch this space :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back