IT.COM

Vbulletin doesn't care?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey
I know some sites with ILLEGAL vbulletin..and i reported them to Vbulletin but i think they dont really care? They are not taking any actions...i wonder what the reason behind this is...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
unknowngiver said:
he is using it for FREE while i am working hard to buy the license :P

Listen, who cares if your friend is using it free.. he is using it ILLEGALLY and he will get into trouble.. Why copy him and get yourself into trouble? IMHO, stuff your friend, he will get in trouble and when he does, who will be the one laughing?

Keep up the hard work and NEVER think about using vBulletin illegally..

•••
unknowngiver said:
I didnt say that u can use something stolen
i said that its ok if u buy something stolen and u thought it wasnt

I dont know about where you live but here in the UK that is called receiving stolen goods and is an offence in itself.

VB I beleive use a 3rd party to go after illegitimate installations sure I saw somethig about it before. If they send a warning to the host and they ignore it their is not really a great deal they can do about it unless they are willing to take legal action.

•••
i know that Invision Power Board cares, my friend had an illegal forum and he got emails from them like crazy, forum went down like 2 days after :(

•••
edit: N/M

Last edited:
•••
unknowngiver said:
I didnt say that u can use something stolen
i said that its ok if u buy something stolen and u thought it wasnt

If its not ok to steal but its ok to buy stolen goods, wouldnt that encourage people to steal more instead of discouraging them? Its not ok to steal or buy stolen goods when you are aware that they are stolen.

•••
Also, alot of sites now do not let you download their mods unless you have a valid license so that is a downfall too if you don't want to get a legal copy.

•••
but they can prolly download the mods for free neways wherre ever they get their free vbulletin...... but it is still wrong

•••
Chances are there are hundreds of illegal copies out there. Truth be told, I checked on Gnucleus and found atleast a dozen links for 3.0.0 and +. While I do think people should pay for it, I'm not fond of people who take pleasure in turning people in either...

•••
I hope an illegal vBulletin starts circulating, that prints this out (in white) all over the page:

WAREZ VBULLETIN

Hopefully Google will put that in the site description, and these people will be scared, and they won't use pirated vBulletin!

•••
GeneCosta said:
I'm not fond of people who take pleasure in turning people in either...

neither am i, and basically you shouldnt be concerned about this unless it directly affects you. It is one thing to turn sites in that are directly or indirectly affecting you because of their content or piracy, and it is another to turn them in just because you take pleasure in watching them squirm and get fined, jailed etc. After all its not like all of us has downloaded something we shouldnt have (ie. Pirated movies, music, games, applications etc.) and havent all of us with cd burners copied software and games to distribute to friends? I do admit that you shouldnt use pirated software and that you should pay for software as the creators deserve something for their work, buti dont think you would like it if someone ratted you out for doing something wrong.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back