IT.COM

Vbulletin doesn't care?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey
I know some sites with ILLEGAL vbulletin..and i reported them to Vbulletin but i think they dont really care? They are not taking any actions...i wonder what the reason behind this is...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well maybe they actually had legal licenses. There is no way to tell from the outside, the only way to tell is to ask them and they will do a check on the domain to see if they have a license on record for it.

•••
lmao i am 100% sure that they dont
he told me personally that he doesnt have it :p
and i even know where he got it from...

•••
Maybe VB contacted him but the people who own these forums are ignoring VB...

•••
Yeah although vbulletin has gone after people before so I am sure they won't just stop because he is ignoring them.

•••
that sucks
wts the point of buying then if i can just use some illlegal one :(

•••
well, you can buy stolen computers in some places, or pirate software.
with that logic, whats the point in you buying a non stolen one?
just because someone else does something illegal, it doesnt mean there is no point in you doing the decent thing.

•••
well u still pay for the stolen pc's :p
he is using it for FREE while i am working hard to buy the license :P

•••
unknowngiver said:
that sucks
wts the point of buying then if i can just use some illlegal one :(

Well to support their software plus if they find out they can shut you down plus go after you criminally.

•••
When VBulletin finds an illegal copy of VBulletin on a website, they contact the sites webhost. If I was the webhost, I delete their site without notice. Some hosts are kinder and give warnings, I don't if you have something illegal up I delete and ask questions later (I guess that's why I got out of hosting). I've gotten tons of notices from VBulletin and I've deleted tons of sites. My favorite is when they email me saying where is my site? I tell them what happened and they don't respond back because they know they were wrong.

•••
unknowngiver said:
well u still pay for the stolen pc's :p
he is using it for FREE while i am working hard to buy the license :P

ok...
so if I give you a stolen PC or domain does that make it ok, while others pay for them?

•••
deu12000 said:
When VBulletin finds an illegal copy of VBulletin on a website, they contact the sites webhost. If I was the webhost, I delete their site without notice. Some hosts are kinder and give warnings, I don't if you have something illegal up I delete and ask questions later (I guess that's why I got out of hosting). I've gotten tons of notices from VBulletin and I've deleted tons of sites. My favorite is when they email me saying where is my site? I tell them what happened and they don't respond back because they know they were wrong.

Ha that is so funny because I deleted many accounts before and people ask me what happened to their accounts and I tell they are gone and they sound so shocked over it.

•••
its okay cuz ur still paying for it :P

•••
unknowngiver said:
its okay cuz ur still paying for it :P

you're kidding right???
it's ok to 'buy' stolen PCs or stolen domains at a fraction of their price because you're paying for it?

looks to me like you're angry because someone may have a competiting site that is using a stolen version of vb and you are angry about it.

•••
well y isnt it okay?
If it says there that its illegal then offcourse its not right
but if u r buying a stolen pc that u think is not stolen and ur paying for it then it is okay

and by the way there website is almost empty but he is using it for almost all of his websites...thts what making me angry

•••
unknowngiver said:
well y isnt it okay?
If it says there that its illegal then offcourse its not right
but if u r buying a stolen pc that u think is not stolen and ur paying for it then it is okay

and by the way there website is almost empty but he is using it for almost all of his websites...thts what making me angry

I love how you are losing this arguement. It's rather amusing to see you wrangle in what at first appeared you taking the high road. Eventually everyone is a hypocrite but it's sad when the person doesn't even realize it.

•••
he is using it for FREE while i am working hard to buy the license
Its kinda funny how you started by wanting to report the guy and now your saying its ok to use something stolen :|.

•••
I didnt say that u can use something stolen
i said that its ok if u buy something stolen and u thought it wasnt

•••
and once you found out it was stolen?

•••
u did say it is OK.
I asked in mnay ways.
It is sad.....
and like I said, it was obvious u were (are) bitter about someone else using a stolen licence.
Man, it is sad...
I'll keep my cool and wont go further.
You are sad.

•••
it shouldnt bother u this much..

•••
They do care, simply investigation takes time. Why you are in hurry to close that site anyway? Give it time. :)

•••
Trust me, If you actually pay for vBulletin you won't have the feeling of guilt and you won't have to worry about vBulletin chasing you to remove it. In the long run, it's not really even worth the risk.. If you actually buy it, you will feel proud and satisfied knowing that your vBulletin is paid and not an illegal copy that those cheap people use.. :lol:

•••
Diddo, vbulletin customer here and love it. Support em.

•••
i can think of about 500 illegal websites.

There is copyright infragment all over the petsites on:
http://apexwebgaming.com/pets.php if you examine most of the sites are using the same scripts, these are kids that like to steal eachothers sites... images... content...

Not saying all of em, but a lot of em...

There is illegal content ALL over the web...

How many people do you think have downloaded an illegal song/program/movie? A lot... do they all get caught?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back