Dynadot

discuss Web 3.0 and the domain I just bought.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I am planning to make a website about the so-called next generation of the web (Web 3.0 - read here https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-web-3-0-3486623).

I therefore just hand-regged web30.org, as I thought this would be a nice domain for this idea.

Then I started thinking a bit... as I am quite surprised the domain was available for free, I am starting to have doubts about not only the brandability of this domain, but the whole web 3.0 concept... is this web 3.0 idea something still making sense? Do you think it's worth looking for brandables on this topic?

Thanks

Aldo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ive never heard of "web 1.0", "web 2.0" or "web 3.0". Ive only heard of "the web", so I dont know how marketable such a name would be.

•••
If you're a billionaire or have super-high influence anything can make sense.

•••
If you believe in that it is brandable then just do this it will new for a big part of community . new things often work and it may be not work now it is your turn how would you take these suggestions

•••
Thanks for the feedbacks.
I was quite surprised in reading that the concept of "Web versions" is not that popular worldwide; here in Italy, for the last decade, topics such as "I need a web 2.0 logo" - were very popular.

To make it very short:

Web 1.0 - considered to be the first era with only "websites" owners (and webmasters) publishing content

Web 2.0 - second era with user interaction - social networking + blogs, forums, communities, etc. - every user is an actor and can publish content.

Web 3.0 - "semantic" web, where all pieces of (big) data are enriched with full metadata (i.e. RDF) - so everyone can publish, but content will have different levels of authority depending on "who" writes it and "how" the content is created.

...And yes, I am ambitious enough to attempt trying the creation of a "new" and better internet.

And no, I am not a billionaire - but I hope some billionaire will like my business plan enough to give it a go.
Even a millionaire might work :)

Last edited:
•••
Yes gattoplano most of the billioners at the start was like me and you but their consistent efforts and creative ideas made them able to be called billioners.

•••
I think that the large corporations - Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Ebay etc are killing the current web by attempting to control the content, news andsales messages. The next stage will be the alternative web in my opinion.

•••
Good information is always compulsory for the ventures and I think kuffy is right I also hope so...

•••
I think that the large corporations - Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Ebay etc are killing the current web by attempting to control the content, news andsales messages. The next stage will be the alternative web in my opinion.

I agree with you - that's part of my concept...

Also, search Algohorithms, while enormously growing in power, are starting to fail against stuff such as low-quality content generated by automated translators. While "high quality" content stays submerged, who has the best SEO skills is the "winner" in terms of influence.

In the "second" generation, "good" content is represented by the number of "likes" coming from social networks. But we all know that those "likes" are often the result of paid advertisement.

My vision of a new ("3.0") internet is a network where content is valued because it's really outstanding - and not (only) because it's "well indexed", or because someone bought "likes" for it.

•••
To my mind, the big advantage of Web 3 is that it sounds a bit like "web free". :)

•••
From my side you should try for it. With your strong efforts wish you best of luck for the upcoming ventur.

•••
Though domain you use for your website is not that much important if your content quality is good, I would personally rather go for .net as I assume you want to build a community interested in web3.0, while .org domain is better for non-profit organizations and some kind of legal entity organizations (not virtual online communities).

However since you already did register I can not strongly recommend to abandon that domain name and go for something different.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back