IT.COM

discuss .web domain release date and thoughts

NameSilo
Watch

DomainCairn

Established Member
Impact
Anyone know when .Web extension is going to be released for general availability, after the Sunrise phase (TM holders)? I heard it might be sometime this summer by one source and I also heard not until November/December by another source.

I read this might be a solid extension to invest in when it does become available to the general public. With all the new extensions slated for a 2016 release date, do you think this might be the more popular/valuable out of the bunch?

What are your thoughts and opinions for the future of .web?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@kingoftop if you want to be taken seriously, you need to consider stop mentioning .top in your every post.
he cant its a virus

•••
•••
•••
Didn't know how all that worked with the lawsuit, if the auction was still a go, but 135 million.

"Prior to this auction, the highest public price for a new top level domain was $41.5 million, which GMO Registry paid for .shop."

"To put the .web final price in perspective, Neustar paid about $100 million to acquire the .co top level domain name, which already had over 1.5 million registrations and an annual revenue run rate of $21 million."

http://domainnamewire.com/2016/07/28/breaking-web-top-level-domain-name-auction-ends-135-million/

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I want .web , just to compare with my .xyz web

•••
"I believe .Web will suck all the oxygen out of the room and I believe a lot of domain investors that are weak financially won’t be able to participate in that game at all. I wrote many times that the big winner for the GTLD’s may not be a GTLD. I am on record as saying it gives folks another reason to take a look at .net, .org, .TV, .info and others BEFORE you get to the new extensions. You have seen dot net prices go up, not down."

-Rick Schwartz

•••
The truth is...GTLD's make .COM stronger.

•••
And I am sorry to break the news brake, @doubleU but .top was set to top all TLDs, including .com & all others, equal if they are already released or not.

Indeed. I wouldn't like to imagine the value of yourmomswearinganice.top, for example.

•••
Web. free pre-reservation is open, is somebody pre-ordering anything?

I have pre-ordered
- two meangful English 4L
- some unique English words
- and bavaria.web; geneve.web

Will see! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Web. free pre-reservation is open, did somebody pre-order anything?

would this pre-reservation / pre-order thingy costs like thousands? never read about this stuff before.

•••
These are pre-orders, not orders. It is the status when registrar pre-advises you for "binding".

•••
@Bullock , sorry for bothering ... id love to get a name in .web to protect my site . never done domain pre-order before . do u think it'll cost more than $100 to preorder a .web? kinda low budget right now :-P . ( it'll be sold to the highest bidder, right? )

thanks

where? uniteddomains . com?

Last edited:
•••
[

where? uniteddomains . com?

Hi,

yes, I use United Domains.

Fees, (maybe) premiums, and renewals are still unknown :xf.confused:

Endusers/domainers will decide when the extension WEB: will be launched.

Last edited:
•••
I pre ordered a couple and it said:

'You have pre-ordered the following domain names. When each new domain extension (TLD) becomes available, we will email you with instructions for completing the registration of the domains you have pre-ordered for that extension.'

Say I am succesful for the domains I pre-order, but If I can't afford it at that stage, can I easily cancel? Or am I liable to pay?(sorry not used the pre-order process before)

M88

•••
Say I am succesful for the domains I pre-order, but If I can't afford it at that stage, can I easily cancel? Or am I liable to pay?

i would like to know this as well, thanks for asking. i imagine the FEE will be in $XXX for early access

it says :

" You will then be able to confirm your binding pre-order for this domain before it is released. "

.. so that means i can cancel it, is this correct?

Last edited:
•••
i would like to know this as well, thanks for asking. i imagine the FEE will be in $XXX for early access

it says :

" You will then be able to confirm your binding pre-order for this domain before it is released. "

.. so that means i can cancel it, is this correct?

I have cancelled a couple of my pre-orders just in case, I was able to do that no problem - so not sure how it works when it gets to the stage of finalising your purchase...

M88

•••
United Domains

How Does Pre-Registration Work?
First, domains with new extensions will be available for free, non-binding pre-registration. Pre-registering will ensure you’re updated with your domain’s registration to help you prepare for launch. When your domain’s release date gets close, you will be able to confirm its pre-order. Once you confirm your pre-order, we will submit it for registration automatically on its go-live date, so you don’t have to lift a finger at launch. You will only be charged for pre-ordered domains that are successfully registered and there are no additional fees for pre-ordering, so you face no risk.

Source: https://www.uniteddomains.com/ntld/pre-register-new-domains/

•••
The new gTLDs will speak to the greatest change to the web since the main arrangement of top-level spaces (.com, .organization, .net, .edu, .gov) were propelled in 1984. Be that as it may, while the move can possibly make galactic change to how organizations and purchasers utilize the web, as I would see it, the larger part of areas will neglect to exhibit any dependable danger to the current gTLD commercial center.

•••
News on general availability? Thanks :)

•••
•••
any update on .web general release date?

•••
•••
any update on .web general release date?

Nothing sure :astronaut:

image-weblaunch-6325_58E89B12.png

https://www.uniteddomains.com/new-top-level-domain/web-domain-registration/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back