IT.COM

new gtlds What are your '.best' domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Most Bay

Bruneis.comTop Member
Impact
Hi All,
We know, one registrant has launch great discount for registering new '.best' (dot best).
My knowledge is very limited about this extension. But I have tried to register some new names. Such as:

cap.best
bat.best
ham.best
dew.best
nap.best
tan.best
yap.best
night.best
morning.best

So What are yours?
And, Anyone can help me (or us) to explain how about the future prospects of this extension (dot best) for global market?

Thank you...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have only 1 domain name in .best so far, but it is one of my most favourite :)
I have to admitt it is not my reg, but I have purchased it here at Namepros from one domain investor who made this very clever registration...

act.best

Act.Best.png

•••
my .best domain names, waiting for "the.best", some are just for resell:

bills.best
run.best
week.best
spot.best
break.best
reply.best
update.best
bus.best
old.best
sss.best
chips.best
ttt.best
hhh.best
micro.best
bbb.best
eee.best
vvv.best
nnn.best
fff.best
qqq.best
uuu.best
chip.best
yyy.best
yellow.best
problem.best
venture.best
concept.best
prince.best
call.best
astrology.best
skills.best
questions.best
comics.best
betting.best
united.best
etfs.best
direct.best
labels.best
etf.best
wire.best
dish.best
cod.best
dji.best
clan.best
central.best
tank.best
original.best
part.best
wall.best
risk.best
teams.best
memo.best
toxic.best
pill.best
pes.best
flyer.best
size.best
t-shirts.best
lube.best
sexstore.best
battle.best
question.best
transfer.best
voicesearch.best
voices.best
direction.best
comedian.best
peach.best
repay.best
plastic.best
project.best
camp.best
fear.best
board.best
deposit.best
men.best
webinar.best
download.best
art.best
month.best
user.best
system.best
bionics.best
bionic.best
cricket.best
summit.best
babe.best
vaporizers.best
fun.best
station.best
trainee.best
view.best
parents.best
sponsor.best
etrade.best
spam.best
workshop.best
plant.best
deluxe.best
paper.best
notebook.best
document.best
discover.best
tutorial.best
finish.best
table.best
journey.best
subwoofer.best
pranks.best
dailydeals.best
biocare.best
scale.best
paint.best
articles.best
dbs.best
cop.best
spring.best
dart.best
darts.best
fuel.best
partnership.best
hardware.best
motion.best
reseller.best
copy.best
homepage.best
catering.best
action.best
steak.best
flying.best
idol.best
cup.best
goods.best
sauce.best
recruiting.best
tree.best
account.best
source.best
track.best
bear.best
cpu.best
slot.best
interest.best
upload.best
cab.best
shuttle.best
guides.best
south.best
plants.best
campaign.best
idn.best
grocery.best
vehicles.best
script.best
income.best
snacks.best
article.best
alcohol.best
apparel.best
multimedia.best
weight.best
items.best
cacao.best
cfd.best
item.best
groceries.best
debts.best
boy.best
title.best
round.best
vaporizer.best
century.best
rice.best
window.best
widget.best
widgets.best
consult.best
dark.best
device.best
triple.best
files.best
snooker.best
customer.best
steaks.best
setup.best
fruits.best
reality.best
liquid.best
quick.best
word.best
building.best
special.best
bath.best
classic.best
manage.best
save.best
domainmarket.best
sweet.best
academy.best
economy.best
small.best
steel.best
animation.best
b2c.best
comic.best
ear.best
rating.best
gin.best
planes.best
founder.best
rocket.best
toy.best
pitch.best
poster.best
black.best
like.best
matches.best
check.best
keyboard.best
juices.best
karaoke.best
monitor.best
aday.best
crowd.best
human.best
burn.best
vehicle.best
partner.best
piece.best
talk.best
full.best
jacket.best
hot.best
margin.best
horoscope.best
feeds.best
crazy.best
chats.best
audition.best
auditions.best
abo.best
sunglass.best
beverage.best
evo.best
esp.best
earth.best
mobile.best
digit.best
dead.best
tourist.best
trailer.best
room.best
clock.best
incubator.best
bluray.best
lenses.best
insider.best
tube.best
commerce.best
lyrics.best
robot.best
limited.best
beat.best
base.best
fantasy.best
cola.best
metro.best
ship.best
debit.best
trips.best
beats.best
leads.best
lead.best
whiskey.best
street.best
cast.best
blackjack.best
lotto.best
engine.best
goals.best
casting.best
vegetables.best
vegetable.best
clients.best
groups.best
client.best
organization.best
merchandise.best
lemonade.best
hood.best
horseracing.best
blood.best
beta.best
graphic.best
trap.best
stack.best
retailer.best
newcomer.best
marketer.best
jump.best
itservice.best
imobile.best
handmade.best
fibertech.best
explorer.best
emobile.best
diagnose.best
movietrailer.best
wild.best
transaction.best
smd.best
sand.best
oyster.best
musicvideo.best
inside.best
hugo.best
headhunter.best
outfit.best
bulk.best
amount.best
accounts.best
whirlpool.best
trial.best
technic.best
scout.best
webhost.best
drop.best
tuning.best
robots.best
clean.best
fight.best
rum.best
monster.best
galaxy.best
import.best
launch.best
zoom.best
logistic.best
speaker.best
white.best
boxing.best
branding.best
holding.best
webhoster.best
weird.best
coast.best
general.best
railway.best
celebrity.best
brown.best
horror.best
fbi.best
aluminum.best
cloudhosting.best
stage.best
virus.best
student.best
funny.best
gel.best
odds.best
animals.best
ebuy.best
demo.best

•••
Guys,

I am now here to answer any questions you can have about the .Best or THE.Best social network.

Feel free to ask about anything.

•••
Glad to help.

OK so First, let me give you few information about our .Best pricing strategy as I think this is one of the big important change we made.

So;

1. On the registration side, we already set promotions with different registrars for all this year.

.Best domains were at $1 last month with OVH and this month (only valid until end of March), .Best are in promotion at $1.99 at Dynadot.com so I encourage you to benefit of this promo right now coz a lot of big names are "still" available.

2. On the renewal side, we already inform all our registrars on Feb 5th that we will get down the wholesale renewal price at $15 ! As we have a legal notice of 6 months, it means that registrars should change their .Best renewal price on 5th August max ! So it means that all the "non-premiums" domains that you register right now will be renew at $15 wholesale price next year and the years after.

Hope it helps.

•••
Now, let me give you few infos about the prospects and the potential of the .Best domains.

I want first to set something clear :

.Best is not a competitor of the .com !

.Best is an additionnal domain that can be added to the .com for the end-user !

I explain :

- SMB (Small and Medium Business) or Big Corp register their trademark with a .com (or a cctld)

- The illusion of other generic tlds is that they think that trademark will replace their .com or cctlds domains with a .site, .global, .xyz, .online, or other whatever generic you want.

The truth is : they will not ! Simply coz there is no value for them to do this.

So it means that the total business/market for a generic TLD competing with the .com is a maximum of 1-3% of the .com and this is actually exacting what is is (1-5 Million max) !

- The difference with the .best is that people are not registering .Best domains on their trademark or to use it as a trademark domain (except for protection like amazon.best, kindle.best, fire.best, amazonfresh.best, ... but this is another business).

People register .Best domains on their product or service name to show they are the Best !

For instance, layerhost.com (a LA hosting company), just registered : webhosting.best

Coz guest what : people are daily looking for the Best in google : the Best restraurant, the Best hotel, the Best plumber, the Best smartphone, the Best laptop, the Best burger, the Best pizza, ....

"Best Hotel" is +40M searches / month in google !

And when you use a .Best domain, it helps rank better in SEO in Google (I will explain this in details in another post later on).

So, the potential market of .Best domains is as high as the .com market coz for a single .com domain use as a trademark there is at least a minimum of one .Best domains to register.

For instance, hilton.com could register hotels.best, nychotel.best, lononhotel.best, ...

I just sold 3K .Best domains in one day to a Big Corp last week.

Look at what we are daily selling right now for instance :

D0lEyGqWkAEgPc3.jpg:large

So, if you just make the combo of : 10k business x 10k cities = 100M domains possibilities !

The potential is just crazy because the value for the end-user in terms of usage is amazing and so for domainers also !

FYI, we are actually dealing with a big corp to sell "hotels.best+hotel.best" for $1M !

Same thing for realestate.best.

FYI, we already sold premium names for 6 digits !

And what is great is that we have a very limited list of premiums names in our reserved list so all good names are "still" available to register coz .best is new on the market.

But things are going faster, we just hit the 10K yesterday - we have deals of 40K new domains coming out and our objective is to be at 100K before the end of this year. (Without even mentionning our THE.Best social network strategy that is of 1M users=domains FY2020)

Feel free to ask about anything unclear.

Hope this helps.

Best,

CF

•••
•••
.......We will give a social media account usage to all .Best domains. And Usage is the key to give value to domains - nothing else.....All the .Best CF

Thanks for the work and innovation in trying hard to make .best a success.

Of course we all want it to succeed with the future social media promo but I must be straight with you Cyril since we already have a facebook, twitter and other social medias how in the world can you really expect to take business away from the 800 pound gorillas?

Last edited:
•••
One really nice thing about .best is how few the registry reserved. There are still tons of good names available and this Dynadot deal is sweet. But don't spread the word too widely, as i want to register some more but following my domain addiction rule of liking and researching a domain and deciding to get it but wait at least one more day before and if you like it less than the day before wait another day. It's just my thing!

By the way @Josh R I checked for you and yes horrendous.best is still available! Better snap it up! :xf.cool:

@Kate I am interested in this .worst extension you mention. Where can I register it? :wideyed:

I love your use of third level with the word than, @DOMAIN ILLUMINATI . Maybe .best will replace .top as your favourite TLD? :-P

I really like the place names you snapped up @BabayS ! I think I will look into some in that niche too.:sneaky:

You always Act Best @lolwarrior and I am glad you got your exact match domain name. :xf.smile:

Fantastic to have you active on NPs and social media, @Cyril.Best. Thank you.(y)

I have some .best registrations to share, but holding back until I have snapped up a few more.:zippermouth: But I like some of mine too.

Have the best day possible everyone! And it is possible!:-D

Bob

•••
•••
income for new parking extensions
.best
domain is registered in March 2019 with a registration fee of $ 1.99
not enough 1 month registration fee has returned.

best regards

805A8D9A-211D-4819-837E-98082129475D.jpeg

•••
@Cyril.Best : so the registry has switched to premium some.best domain names that had been registered at standard rates? It would appear so. To my knowledge this has very, very rarely been done with continuously registered domains in other TLDs and makes domainer investments in the extension difficult since future renewals are uncertain. Also it means that information to be given to potential purchasers could be misleading. Please respond and I hope that you will assure us that this is some error and not in fact the case.
Thank you,
Bob

If they have bumped already registered .best domains from standard renewals into a premium category that is really shady. It is a classic case of bait & switch if true.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
So let me get this straight Cyril. Are you now implying the $80 names before Feb 2019 have since been reclassified as now being premium? If you did that of course it is not a good practice.

The main question remains unanswered. Here it is again. "If in fact they are still standard renewal non-premium names how can these domains which at the time of registration (regardless of the date) were not said to be premium and then at regular or standard prices possibly not renew today (if they never expired) at anything other than whatever the current regular renewal cost is?

As far as I know in 20 years and dozens of tlds .best is the only registry who has done this. Anywhere else when you reg a standard non-premium name at the regular price it can be renewed at any time for whatever the current regular renewal cost it. Is that not correct?

•••
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the feedback.

About .Best numbers: all numbers about all registries (including .Best) are opened data from ICANN CZDS so we have nothing to hide.

You can get most infos about the .Best from many stats platforms such as ntldstats.com, namestat.org, ...

We just do not disclose the prices we sold our premium names coz it could affect the buyer (in a case of domain resell for instance and, some end-users also asked us to keep that info confidential).

About the Best app, like I said, we just started the Best onboarding invitation process. We have also launched beginning June 2021 the Best app sunrise period for brand and trademarks owners to protect them before our marketing launch.

Our future projections on app downloads, registered users, .Best domains and even business/marketing/sales strategy are confidential datas that we only disclose to our investors - I think that you can easily get it.

But if you have any questions about the Best app in terms of value for the end-users, for brands or whatever unclear that you want to know, please don't hesitate and I will answer them.

About Go Daddy vs Apple/Google: I just wanted to point the fact that we have a different strategy of most existing ngtlds on the market. Not a bad thing for the others - plus, godaddy has an amazing user base and is also reselling .Best domains, - but we simply do not target the same market, and most importantly, we will not distribute our .Best domains the same way too.

I can say that our Best business model is closer to a Pinterest/Wix/Shopify mix rather than Verisign for instance.

Once more, we are not here to sell .Best domain to domain investors: that's not our business strategy.

Our Best strategy is to sell .Best domain and other value-added services (advertising, trademark protection, social commerce features, ....) to social media end-users and brands to help them promote their Best content/products/services through the Best app and .Best domains.

We believe that it is the right path to create first a solid end-user market and then a liquid aftermarket for .Best domain names. The aftermarket will be a positive collateral effect of our Best app success - not the opposite.

But I can totally understand that people can be reticent or simply do not like our Best approach as this industry has lacked of innovation since the ngtld program launch and as a result is now concentrating because none really took care of the value for the end-users since 2012.

And once more, as a domainer, if you target short-term ROI, then save your money.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions about the .Best or the Best app.

All the Best!

CF
Thanks Cyril. It's a novel approach for sure. I don't knock it, and I wish you the best of luck. Just wanted to help clarify why some might feel that the extension has been "hyped" here.

•••
jean.best will be used to access my profile on THE.BEST social network to launch. For the moment, I redirect it to my Twitter account.

•••
I have only two .best domain names. They are my best domains in that space.

training.best
profile.best

----
trainingbest.png

----
profilebest.png

----

Regards
nameji.jpg

•••
Added another one. Just registered the below .best domain name.

hiringbest.png

•••
@guillon that is interesting! Do you have more info about the.best social network? I visited their site which is now in pre-registration mode.

And are you aware of some renewal or transfer promos for .best atm, maybe? So not registration promos .. as I would like to renew some of my names like 8-9 years in advance. Thank you :)

I pre-registered too but I can't confirm any date for now. Another service offered by the registry is brands.best (to secure portfolios of trademarks). I know that Adrien and Cyril are testing the look and feel but it is really in testing mode at the moment. The Go.best website recently changed and is now showing where to go for the latest promotion. Keep an eye on this because if a promo "suddenly" appears, my little finger tells me that it appears there first.

•••
I think the names posted in this thread are not great. And quite frankly it's difficult to have names that make sense semantically because 'best' should precede the keyword. Reverse order is awkward.

Hopeforthe.best but prepareforthe.worst :)

•••
Just registered.
BLOGGER.best

•••
Congrats !

If you like telco domains, we just release from our premium reserved list : apps.best, telephone.Best, smartphone.Best and cellphone.Best
I have just got
Handphone.best

•••
Guys,

Here is my gift of the day for namepros members.

Here are names that I just released for you : All goods and available to register.

director.best
chairman.best
manager.best
mayor.best
custodian.best
controller.best
chief.best
exec.best
head.best
supervisor.best
organizer.best
overseer.best
minister.best
official.best
officer.best
inspector.best
judge.best
governor.best
commander.best
consul.best
captain.best
authority.best
excellent.best

•••
@Cyril.Best - As you said '$15 renewal price for wholesale customers'. Could you please let us know who are all fit into 'wholesale' category? Is there any limitation on number of domains?

Wholesale = registrar price

No limitation on number of domains.

The only limitation is that this new wholesale renewal price is not for our "premium names category".

•••
•••
.best is a joke
this thread is a joke

Unfortunately it seems there are a lot of desperate domainers around here, just sitting around waiting for the next salesman to arrive and "help" them achieve riches.

People should realize that by listening to this BS they're simply throwing away money and enriching Cyril the Salesman.

Each single .Best domain should have a minimum value of $500 on the aftermarket for an investment of $1.99 at dynadot actually : https://www.dynadot.com/domain/best.html

Sad that this BS is allowed on NamePros!

Snake-oil_salesman_Professor_Thaddeus_Schmidlap_at_Enchanted_Springs_Ranch%2C_Boerne%2C_Texas%2C_USA_28650a.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back