IT.COM

WordPress

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this. If not. Please put it wherever it should be.

I've just installed WordPress 4.1.1. It give me 3 Themes, TwentyThirteen, TwentyFourteen, TwentyFifteen. The only one that comes with graphics is TwentyThirteen. The other two Themes come with no graphics whatsoever. It was my understanding that all the these Themes comes with graphics. Please confirm this is correct, or do I need to re-install WordPress. Or what else might be wrong.

I have 512kb ram assigned to PHP. Could this be the cause of the problem. Should this be increased to 768kb?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know the standard themes, would not use them. What if you try a free theme that's not bundled with WP?

•••
in my case it was some plugin that was blocking images buy you have installed new wp so install some other theme and see

•••
I don't know the standard themes, would not use them. What if you try a free theme that's not bundled with WP?

He should be very careful with that as nulled themes/plugins are the major doorway to hacks and malicious exploits. Of course there are still many free themes that are thoroughly tested and approved by the WP developers. But just any such theme won't do.

Indeed it sounds like its best to reinstall WP as all 3 themes should come with graphics. The allocated RAM should not be an issue tho, you can rest assured. Have you manually installed WP or did you do it through an autoinstaller like Softaculous? If its a manual install might be something missing in the installation files. In any ways, I believe most hosts should already have autoinstallers (especially if you are on a cPanel) so I'd recommend trying it this way. If the problem still persists - better check with the host if anything is blocking images on their side.

•••
If you just installed newer version wordpress (4.1.1) then there is no issues.

2 old themes don't have any graphics by default.

latest theme only have some graphics but still you can activate other two themes and add images or choose customization and add some graphics.

you don't have any server related issues because wordpress (default install) required very very less space & RAM.

Still you need any help related to wordpress, Feel free to PM me, i can help you.

•••
He should be very careful with that as nulled themes/plugins are the major doorway to hacks and malicious exploits. Of course there are still many free themes that are thoroughly tested and approved by the WP developers. But just any such theme won't do.

Indeed it sounds like its best to reinstall WP as all 3 themes should come with graphics. The allocated RAM should not be an issue tho, you can rest assured. Have you manually installed WP or did you do it through an autoinstaller like Softaculous? If its a manual install might be something missing in the installation files. In any ways, I believe most hosts should already have autoinstallers (especially if you are on a cPanel) so I'd recommend trying it this way. If the problem still persists - better check with the host if anything is blocking images on their side.

Yeah that's the themes I'm talking about. It's an obvious procedure for me when using free stuff but you are right that it might be wise to put that info in there.

@stub provide your URL and it might be easier to help you out. If not sorted already that is.

•••
2015 has no header graphics.
One must create a header graphic and install via the theme details or options.

•••
Thanks @iowadawg. How about Fourteen Theme also? This also has no graphics for me. I was expecting to see the graphics shown in the theme selections for all these 3 standard themes. But only Thirteen has any graphics.

•••
2014 same as 2015.
Am thinking wordpress got smart and said, hey you want a header graphic, make your own.

•••
OK. Thanks. I'm glad to hear this is normal. Before I'd always seen the graphics. so I was wondering if my install was broken.

•••
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this. If not. Please put it wherever it should be.

I've just installed WordPress 4.1.1. It give me 3 Themes, TwentyThirteen, TwentyFourteen, TwentyFifteen. The only one that comes with graphics is TwentyThirteen. The other two Themes come with no graphics whatsoever. It was my understanding that all the these Themes comes with graphics. Please confirm this is correct, or do I need to re-install WordPress. Or what else might be wrong.

I have 512kb ram assigned to PHP. Could this be the cause of the problem. Should this be increased to 768kb?

You should do a fresh install because that should not happen... If you're going to buy a theme for wordpress then you dont have to worry about those themes that come with the install...

•••
@900Worldwide - Why should I do a fresh install? @iowadawg says this is normal behaviour to only have the graphics for TwentyThirteen, but not for Fourteen or Fifteen.

•••
@900Worldwide - Why should I do a fresh install? @iowadawg says this is normal behaviour to only have the graphics for TwentyThirteen, but not for Fourteen or Fifteen.

That is definitely incorrect you should have images for all themes... I would do a fresh install....

•••
wordpress.PNG

•••
@iowadawg - this is 100% diametrically opposed to what you are saying? Who is correct here?

•••
No need for a fresh install.
Tell you, I have used wordpress for years with no problems.
And really, why buy a theme (most are crap by the way)?
So much easier to build on the wordpress default themes.
Plus when you go into themes? See at top where it says install new?
Lots and lots of good themes one can use.
For free!

•••
Hope the screen shot help
@iowadawg - this is 100% diametrically opposed to what you are saying? Who is correct here?

Do you see the images on the themes?

•••
Someone should go and check out the 2014 and 2015 themes.
Those graphics shown are not part of the theme.
They are there to show you what you can do.

•••
@iowadawg - But my problem is not any other themes. My problem is wondering if my wordpress install as complete because I only see graphics for TwentyThirteen and not TwentyFourteen or TwentyFifteen. @900Worldwide is saying I should see the graphics for all three themes.

•••
Hope the screen shot help

Do you see the images on the themes?

What screenshot? I see the graphics when you select the theme, if that was your screenshot, but not after they are installed, except for TwentyThirteen.

•••
@iowadawg - But my problem is not any other themes. My problem is wondering if my wordpress install as complete because I only see graphics for TwentyThirteen and not TwentyFourteen or TwentyFifteen. @900Worldwide is saying I should see the graphics for all three themes.

If when you go to your themes section all themes should have images.... Of course if you make the theme active then you will have to build upon the basic theme...

•••
What screenshot? I see the graphics when you select the theme, if that was your screenshot, but not after they are installed, except for TwentyThirteen.

Once you install the theme you will have to add your content and images...

•••
@900Worldwide - So are you confirming that after activation 2013,2014,2015, that only 2013 has the graphics shown, but 2014,2015 have no graphics after activating?

•••
@900Worldwide - So are you confirming that after activation 2013,2014,2015, that only 2013 has the graphics shown, but 2014,2015 have no graphics after activating?

That is correct, you have to add your own content and images...

•••
@900Worldwide - This is 100 diametrically opposed to what you said here.

900Worldwide said:
That is definitely incorrect you should have images for all themes... I would do a fresh install....

In which case there is nothing wrong with my wordpress install and I don't need to reinstall.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back