IT.COM

WordPress

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this. If not. Please put it wherever it should be.

I've just installed WordPress 4.1.1. It give me 3 Themes, TwentyThirteen, TwentyFourteen, TwentyFifteen. The only one that comes with graphics is TwentyThirteen. The other two Themes come with no graphics whatsoever. It was my understanding that all the these Themes comes with graphics. Please confirm this is correct, or do I need to re-install WordPress. Or what else might be wrong.

I have 512kb ram assigned to PHP. Could this be the cause of the problem. Should this be increased to 768kb?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@900Worldwide - This is 100 diametrically opposed to what you said here.

In which case there is nothing wrong with my wordpress install and I don't need to reinstall.
:ahhh: Your wordpress is good..

•••
@900Worldwide - So why were you misleading me with that statement. It doesn't help a newbie to get conflicting statements like that which are untrue.

•••
@900Worldwide - So why were you misleading me with that statement. It doesn't help a newbie to get conflicting statements like that which are untrue.
Definitely not my intent, but what ever...

•••
There seems to be a casualness about your reply which is displeasing :(

•••
There seems to be a casualness about your reply which is displeasing :(

Okay you made it seem as if I was trying to mislead someone, which was not my intent... I am not going to feel bad about this... My intent was to help you find a resolution to your problem, but if you cant see that oh well...

•••
By providing me with misleading information? Intentional or not. Which I had to press you on before you corrected your position? I'm just a noob with wordpress. It doesn't help to get the wrong information.

•••
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this. If not. Please put it wherever it should be.

I've just installed WordPress 4.1.1. It give me 3 Themes, TwentyThirteen, TwentyFourteen, TwentyFifteen. The only one that comes with graphics is TwentyThirteen. The other two Themes come with no graphics whatsoever. It was my understanding that all the these Themes comes with graphics. Please confirm this is correct, or do I need to re-install WordPress. Or what else might be wrong.

I have 512kb ram assigned to PHP. Could this be the cause of the problem. Should this be increased to 768kb?

I believe you forgot to say when you activate each theme there is no images, but I am misleading... Anyway I would like to keep this professional... So best of luck with your Wordpress and have a wonderful Day....:xf.smile:

•••
How do you know if a theme comes with graphics or not, unless you activate it? I think you are just now trying to find an excuse, in retrospect. I also would like to keep things professional. I wish you well also.

•••
You do not need to activate any of the themes.
Just hit live preview!

Stub, stick with me here.

•••
@iowadawg - You have been right about this all along. Thank you.

•••
•••
Welcome.
And I believe on 2015, the sidebar (on the left for some reason), slides
Weird.

•••
So are you confirming that after activation 2013,2014,2015, that only 2013 has the graphics shown, but 2014,2015 have no graphics after activating?

You shouldn't be using any of these. You should be using the Genesis theme with a custom child theme. Even discussing the default layouts is a waste of time.

•••
I know that @DomainVP. The only reason I raised this issue, was to find out whether my wordpress install was good or not. It had nothing AT ALL to do with the default themes.

Last edited:
•••
Your Wp install is good.
The themes are not coming with dummy content automatically. So you wont have lorem ipsums, you wont have pictures, and other stuffs. There are some theme which comes with dummy content, but you have to import it (mostly paid themes).

When you see a wp theme in a list, it is filled with dummy content every time, because without that, every WP theme looks almost the same (so you cannot decide which one will be good for you).

•••
Some of the .xml codes have to be imported, I think. But I'm not sure the codes exits for the theme you mentioned...

•••
Nothing has to be imported.
What in the world are you talking about?
Geesh, people try their best to make a simple thing like wordpress sound so hard.

•••
•••
Some of the .xml codes have to be imported, I think. But I'm not sure the codes exits for the theme you mentioned...
Only really relevant if you purchase/download a theme from elsewhere as the .xml file needs to be uploaded - not in this case though as the theme is already installed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back