Dynadot

question .xyz worth? Any suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kguy

Impact
xyz domains are worth? Or not much worth? Anyone sold previously? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People have doubts about Swetha because they don't understand how their names suck but hers are good.

5k for smuggler.xyz while smuggles, smuggling and smuggled are all available for hang reg in .xyz. There's a reason why smuggler sells for 5k but the other 3 aren't even taken by domainers.

This happens in all of the fad niches. Someone sells Keyword+GPT.com and then suddenly someone is trying to sell LasVegasMassageParlorGPT or FleaMarketGPT because they think anything +GPT will sell (or NFT, Crypto, Cloud, Metaverse, etc.)

If you don't understand why smuggler is worth more than smuggles, smuggling and smuggled then you might want to inquire before buying more domains that aren't going to sell.

Disclaimer: I am not perfect and have also made a few bad decisions with purchases.

Last edited:
•••
For who says Sweatha (DN Gear) sales are fake, the problem is Sweatha has secured all .xyz which keywords registered in above 100 extensions from 5 years ago. And you buy .xyz which only registered under 10 extension that is crap. No .xyz with non premium renewal which registered in more that 100 extensions available to be handreged now. That's why they are expensive. The worst she sold is registered in 55 extensions (smuggler.xyz)

People have doubts about Swetha because they don't understand how their names suck but hers are good.

No, it's not that I think they are fake... I know they are... Let's look at some of her "sales"... These were about 2 years ago and all that money spent, but the companies never even moved them from the landers huh? 🤔

Bull.xyz sold for $199888 - doesn't even load.
Fortress.xyz sold for $59888 - godaddy parked page.
Momentum.xyz sold for $69888 - doesn't even load.
Psychedelic.xyz sold for $20000 - dan landing page.
Cradle.xyz sold for $49988 - dan landing page.
Marino.xyz sold for $39995 - doesn't even load.
Kylin.xyz sold for $28394 - doesn't even load.
Myna.xyz sold for $7000 - godaddy parked page.
Homepage.xyz sold for $60000 - godaddy parked page.
Croissant.xyz sold for $14888 - godaddy parked page.
RightClick.xyz sold for $7000 - dan landing page.
Recursive.xyz sold for $8000 - 404 page not found.
Reactions.xyz sold for $5500 - dan landing page.
TimeStamp.xyz sold for $4000 - godaddy parked page.
Streams.xyz sold for $27888 - 404 page not found.
Wrap.xyz sold for $110000 - dan landing page.
Tragic.xyz sold for $8000 - landing page.
Browsers.xyz sold for $7500 - doesn't even load.
Redeem.xyz sold for $28000 - godaddy parked page.
Farmyard.xyz sold for $7000 - doesn't even load.
Territory.xyz sold for $39888 - godaddy parked page.
Conviction.xyz sold for $14888 - expiring parked page.
GoodPlace.xyz sold for $2500 - dan landing page.
Fuku.xyz sold for $9888 - 404 page not found.
Moonstone.xyz sold for $9888 - landing page.
Cameo.xyz sold for $19888 - landing page.
Mags.xyz sold for $7888 - landing page.
Pairs.xyz sold for 10K - doesn't even load.
Hackerspace.xyz sold for $9888 - doesn't even load.
Linkable.xyz sold for $3995 - expired namecheap
Forerunner.xyz sold for $4495 - dan landing page.

I can keep going with this list for days if you want... but I think i have proven my point. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
No, it's not that I think they are fake... I know they are... Let's look at some of her "sales"... These were about 2 years ago and all that money spent, but the companies never even moved them from the landers huh? 🤔

I can keep going with this list for days if you want... but I think i have proven my point. :xf.wink:
It proofs nothing :

Diamond.com : sale landing page
EBid.com : ads and may be for sale
Mall.com : error 404
Whiskey.com : logo not use

All have the sale above 100,000$. Some above millions. How about in xxxx$ to xxxxx$ range?

Last edited:
•••
It proofs nothing :

Diamond.com : sale landing page
EBid.com : ads and may be for sale
Mall.com : error 404
Whiskey.com : logo not use

All have the sale above 100,000$. Some above millions. How about in xxxx$ to xxxxx$ range?
Whiskey.com - atleast has a lander for the company.
EBid.com - is actively for sale, not sold and parked to nothing for years.
Mall.com - did anyone claim to sell this name and the new buyers did nothing with it? no? exactly...
Diamond.com - is for sale... yeah... the names i sent were "sold" and nobody did a thing with them...

You obviously don't understand what I was saying. The names you posted are not the same at all.

•••

100% this

•••
Whiskey.com - atleast has a lander for the company.
EBid.com - is actively for sale, not sold and parked to nothing for years.
Mall.com - did anyone claim to sell this name and the new buyers did nothing with it? no? exactly...
Diamond.com - is for sale... yeah... the names i sent were "sold" and nobody did a thing with them...

You obviously don't understand what I was saying. The names you posted are not the same at all.

They sold above 100,000$, same as your lists. Ebid sold by The Domain King. Mall.com if I am not wrong was sold brokeraged by Michael Berken. (Former domain Sherpa). So you proof nothing

IMG_20240321_120032.jpg

IMG_20240321_120420.jpg

Last edited:
•••
For who says Sweatha (DN Gear) sales are fake, the problem is Sweatha has secured all .xyz which keywords registered in above 100 extensions from 5 years ago. And you buy .xyz which only registered under 10 extension that is crap. No .xyz with non premium renewal which registered in more that 100 extensions available to be handreged now. That's why they are expensive. The worst she sold is registered in 55 extensions (smuggler.xyz)
No, they're expensive because she's actively advertising her portfolio to people who thought a picture of a cartoon monkey for $100,000 would be a good investment.

Go to namebio and look at the sales. The registration date doesn't matter, the number of extensions doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the seller.

jetpack.xyz, registered in 2014, registered in 194 extensions, sold for $227.

expanse.xyz, registered in 2015, registered in 122 extensions, sold for $598.

etc.

Swetha's sales are easily explained by arbitrary coherence. That's why she advertises her sales and why she keeps the prices high. To trick people into thinking that these prices are normal. And because of the kind of crowd she's dealing with, they're not smart enough to see through it.

But look at .xyz sales compared to .com sales. In 2023 .xyz domains average 2.0 sales per day, .com averaged at 325.4 sales per day. They don't even push a single percentage. On top of that, the vast majority of good .xyz domains aren't impressive. It's just that people hyper-fixate on Swetha's sales as if it was some kind of industry standard when it's not.

Gen XYZ isn't even price-regulated by ICANN like Verisign is. No one knows what a regular .xyz will cost to renew in 10 years.

Last edited:
•••
No, they're expensive because she's actively advertising her portfolio to people who thought a picture of a cartoon monkey for $100,000 would be a good investment.

Go to namebio and look at the sales. The registration date doesn't matter, the number of extensions doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is the seller.

jetpack.xyz, registered in 2014, registered in 194 extensions, sold for $227.

expanse.xyz, registered in 2015, registered in 122 extensions, sold for $598.

etc.

Swetha's sales are easily explained by arbitrary coherence. That's why she advertises her sales and why she keeps the prices high. To trick people into thinking that these prices are normal. And because of the kind of crowd she's dealing with, they're not smart enough to see through it.

But look at .xyz sales compared to .com sales. In 2023 .xyz domains average 2.0 sales per day, .com averaged at 325.4 sales per day. They don't even push a single percentage. On top of that, the vast majority of good .xyz domains aren't impressive. It's just that people hyper-fixate on Swetha's sales as if it was some kind of industry standard when it's not.

Gen XYZ isn't even price-regulated by ICANN like Verisign is. No one knows what a regular .xyz will cost to renew in 10 years.

Jetpack : 194 extensions
Expanse : 122 extensions

They are worth buy, and seems the buyer is domain seller. Will be sold high to end user. That's how you get good .xyz now, at drop catch or auction at least xxx $.

•••
Another funny thing is that Swetha without any credentials in the domaining space, without any sales probably at all, suddenly came out of nowhere and knew exactly which xyz names would be valuable in the very very near future. And all those valuable xyzs that sell for xxx xxx waited for Sweatha to see the value and register them. It's an obvious scam like many other scams of all types you hear daily.

Last edited:
•••
Jetpack : 194 extensions
Expanse : 122 extensions

They are worth buy, and seems the buyer is domain seller. Will be sold high to end user.
I don't think they will. I mean jetpack.xyz isn't even listed for sale.

That's how you get good .xyz now, at drop catch or auction at least xxx $.
If you buy them through drop catch then the registry will add them to the premium list and charge more for them.

I mean you can go to Sedo and look for .xyz domains for <$1,000 and you'll see a fair amount of good one-word domains available. No one is rushing to get these. If they were valuable that would no be the case.

•••
Another funny thing is that Swetha without any credentials in the domaining space, without any sales probably at all, suddenly came out of nowhere and knew exactly which xyz names would be valuable in the very very near future. And all those valuable xyzs that sell for xxx xxx waited for Sweatha to see the value and register them. It's an obvious scam like many other scams of all types you hear daily.

150% the case. That's the registrar's scam, there is no single doubt about it. One account, 20k+ domain names shown to the public, exclusively in .xyz, holding them for many years, never worrying about millions $$$ in renewals - and does anybody still believe in some mysterious woman from India named Swetha??

I'd lock up this thread and throw away the key already - so crystal clear the case with xyz is )))

Last edited:
•••
I don't think Swetha is associated with the registry, I just think she's good seller. She's effectively selling fool's gold for gold rates. In fact, I'd go so far to say that she's the best domainer of the previous decade (2010 - 2020).

But it's important to understand that fool's gold isn't valuable.

•••
I also have doubts about Tony Blogspotter and his sales. He sometimes mentioned Negari and Sweatha in his Twitter posts and posted pictures with Indian domainers in India. It seems he is from India as well. He wrote that Negari would meet them or something.

Last edited:
•••
They sold above 100,000$, same as your lists. Ebid sold by The Domain King. Mall.com if I am not wrong was sold brokeraged by Michael Berken. (Former domain Sherpa). So you proof nothing
I gave you a list from 1 seller, who sold a crapload of domains for huge money that went nowhere. Thats the difference. People actually buy and use .com's unlike crappy .xyz's.... Show me one seller of .com's that made millions of dollars and hundreds of sales and 90% of there domains are not in use... Ill wait...

Last edited:
•••
Interesting! But i guess swetha is not active here since longtime. Is she?

•••
Focus on domains, not persons.

•••
No, godaddy turned swethabot off... 🤖

Last edited:
•••

5k for smuggler.xyz while smuggles, smuggling and smuggled are all available for hang reg in .xyz. There's a reason why smuggler sells for 5k but the other 3 aren't even taken by domainers.

This happens in all of the fad niches. Someone sells Keyword+GPT.com and then suddenly someone is trying to sell LasVegasMassageParlorGPT or FleaMarketGPT because they think anything +GPT will sell (or NFT, Crypto, Cloud, Metaverse, etc.)

If you don't understand why smuggler is worth more than smuggles, smuggling and smuggled then you might want to inquire before buying more domains that aren't going to sell.

Disclaimer: I am not perfect and have also made a few bad decisions with purchases.
In my view, smuggling is better than smuggler, because smuggling is wider than smuggler. Smuggler has limitations to represent only persons...... but smuggling can discuss many things related to the topics, many things like what, why, where, when and more....

•••
In my view, smuggling is better than smuggler, because smuggling is wider than smuggler. Smuggler has limitations to represent only persons...... but smuggling can discuss many things related to the topics, many things like what, why, where, when and more....
Smuggle.com is the best, anything else is just an alternative.

•••
.xyz and all other "new" domain extensions are Tulipmania over and over again. People really don't think about what they are doing before jumping into buying up clown extensions, which are only created to extract money from people who seem to lack some intelligence. It then only takes one other iffy minded person (there are many) to buy domains that are put up for sale at insane prices and then the original registrant thinks/says" See, I told you they are worth money".

Just like any market where this is a finite supply, when all the best/good domain names have been registered, there will only be garbage names left, which is why these new extensions get created - to make some people believe that cars.xyz or cars.info, or cars.io are just as good as cars.com. Just like any fad/mania, this .xyz idea will die off and be reduced to a tiny number of registrations and renewals.

ICANN has been busy dreaming up more and more extensions, thinking it adds to the internet space. It doesn't. It just makes easy money for ICANN and registrars.
But no matter what new extensions it comes up with, none will ever come anywhere close to the king of extensions, which is .com of course.

The old phrase of "A fool and his money are soon parted" applies here.

Last edited:
•••
.xyz and all other "new" domain extensions are Tulipmania over and over again. People really don't think about what they are doing before jumping into buying up clown extensions, which are only created to extract money from people who seem to lack some intelligence. It then only takes one other iffy minded person (there are many) to buy domains that are put up for sale at insane prices and then the original registrant thinks/says" See, I told you they are worth money".

Just like any market where this is a finite supply, when all the best/good domain names have been registered, there will only be garbage names left, which is why these new extensions get created - to make some people believe that cars.xyz or cars.info, or cars.io are just as good as cars.com. Just like any fad/mania, this .xyz idea will die off and be reduced to a tiny number of registrations and renewals.

ICANN has been busy dreaming up more and more extensions, thinking it adds to the internet space. It doesn't. It just makes easy money for ICANN and registrars.
But no matter what new extensions it comes up with, none will ever come anywhere close to the king of extensions, which is .com of course.

The old phrase of "A fool and his money are soon parted" applies here.
ICANN isn't dreaming up anything, registries and future registries do.

But there's a reason for why the .com is valuable.
  1. Every notable business uses the .com.
  2. Everyone is familiar with the .com. If you tell someone "Go to tulip.com," you don't even have to explain that it's a website.
  3. .com so ingrained in people's memories that they often forget other extensions and type in the .com instead...or worse, they send a confidential email to the .com address (even though you've made it clear that it's an .xyz).
  4. People generally ware of non-.com:s and associate them with malware and spam sites.
  5. And like I pointed out in the other thread you don't have to worry about spam filters.
.xyz domains are categorically blocked by my browser at work.

Show attachment 254388

Imagine having a website on a domain not accessible by other businesses.

•••
ICANN isn't dreaming up anything, registries and future registries do.

But there's a reason for why the .com is valuable.
  1. Every notable business uses the .com.
  2. Everyone is familiar with the .com. If you tell someone "Go to tulip.com," you don't even have to explain that it's a website.
  3. .com so ingrained in people's memories that they often forget other extensions and type in the .com instead...or worse, they send a confidential email to the .com address (even though you've made it clear that it's an .xyz).
  4. People generally ware of non-.com:s and associate them with malware and spam sites.
  5. And like I pointed out in the other thread you don't have to worry about spam filters.

.com was also the first extension to be widely used, because almost all domain names in the early years were being used by businesses (excl. government, military and education organizations). Being the only extension intended for business at that time, companies with .com names quickly became ingrained, as you say, into people's minds and which was reinforced by the paucity/absence of other extensions in the early years (mid-late 90s), by well known/high profile businesses, although the original batch of extensions were available from 1985.

Gaining such a foothold seems to have ben critical and to this day, I imagine .com names outnumber all other extensions put together, in number and in value.

Interesting thought: Imagine if some other extension has started out (say .biz or .bis) and gained the position that .com has. Would the introduction of .com in later years have been met with the same/similar response as the numerous and rarely used other extensions have? Or is .com so fabulous that it would have eclipsed all other extensions anyway, no matter when it was introduced?

•••
Interesting thought: Imagine if some other extension has started out (say .biz or .bis) and gained the position that .com has. Would the introduction of .com in later years have been met with the same/similar response as the numerous and rarely used other extensions have? Or is .com so fabulous that it would have eclipsed all other extensions anyway, no matter when it was introduced?
Obviously there's nothing special with abbreviation com. In fact, I remember back in the day when the .co became available outside of Columbia and people thought it was going to replace the .com. Why? Because .co is shorter than .com, and because "Co." was a more common abbreviation for company, e.g. McKinsey & Co., Big Mac & Co., etc.

At the end of the day it's about what people are accustomed to. It's very difficult to change things now because Amazon, Google, Walmart, Lockheed Martin, Tesla, Open AI, Twitter, etc. have no reason to move away from the .com. And every time Jane Doe browsers amazon.com she's reminded that the .com is the extension of the Internet.

There's a caveat to that that I omitted to mention. .com and .net are the only domains price-regulated by ICANN. Meaning that they're a lot safer in the long term than any other extension. Another thing you could add is that .com doesn't have a premium registry (increased renewal prices for certain domains) like .xyz does.

Last edited:
•••
That would be funny if it were true but that's not what happened. If you look back a couple of years before you joined Namepros, she was posting here when originally buying the names and people thought she was crazy for investing in .xyz.

I think the real secret sauce is how these names end up getting sold. Are crypto people really just wandering onto Afternic, DAN, efty, etc and shopping for XYZs or has there been some sort of outreach? As far as I know there's been no outbounding but I am curious how one might do some outreach either through Discord or other places.

•••
I gave you a list from 1 seller, who sold a crapload of domains for huge money that went nowhere. Thats the difference. People actually buy and use .com's unlike crappy .xyz's.... Show me one seller of .com's that made millions of dollars and hundreds of sales and 90% of there domains are not in use... Ill wait...
Mike Mann? or whoever has the profile with trademark infringing names like GoogleGod .com :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back