Dynadot

question .xyz worth? Any suggestions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kguy

Impact
xyz domains are worth? Or not much worth? Anyone sold previously? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That would be funny if it were true but that's not what happened. If you look back a couple of years before you joined Namepros, she was posting here when originally buying the names and people thought she was crazy for investing in .xyz.
She was posting here because he/she was the XYZ 'posterboy' and there was a plan obviously. Why is it so hard for you to understand? Now that Namepros members stopped buying / renewing XYZs, she/he is not posting here anymore.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, XYZ sales are really suspicious, but if we check most COM sales they are parked at GoDaddy and remain non developed for long time.
I have around 69 of XYZ domains but I m going to drop half of them or try to sell cheap, considering it costs more than COM to renew.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, XYZ sales are really suspicious, but if we check most COM sales they are parked at GoDaddy and remain non developed for long time.
I have around 69 of XYZ domains but I m going to drop half of them or try to sell cheap, considering it costs more than COM to renew.
IMHO, Domain sales are really suspicious. Regardless of the domain extension. There's been some really poor quality names that have sold for stupid high amounts. Or I am just a lousy domainer.

For instance, overloop sold in king by a member of this site for $42,888. I wouldn't have hand regged it had you told me it was unregistered the day before. I feel like there's 1000 better names the buyer could have acquired because I don't get what "over" and "loop" have to do with outbound marketing. So either there's fraud or I just have more to learn (like how many of those 10k backlinks existed before the sale).

Also, no offense to the namepro who sold that name. It's just been memorable for me for a while because of the shock factor for me.

For the rest of you, there's a 25,000+ post thread full of sales that I imagine a lot of you would say "huh?" too. It might be just the XYZs but I imagine there's some others as well.

Domain Name Sales at Namepros

•••
IMHO, Domain sales are really suspicious. Regardless of the domain extension. There's been some really poor quality names that have sold for stupid high amounts. Or I am just a lousy domainer.

For instance, overloop sold in king by a member of this site for $42,888. I wouldn't have hand regged it had you told me it was unregistered the day before. I feel like there's 1000 better names the buyer could have acquired because I don't get what "over" and "loop" have to do with outbound marketing. So either there's fraud or I just have more to learn (like how many of those 10k backlinks existed before the sale).

Also, no offense to the namepro who sold that name. It's just been memorable for me for a while because of the shock factor for me.

For the rest of you, there's a 25,000+ post thread full of sales that I imagine a lot of you would say "huh?" too. It might be just the XYZs but I imagine there's some others as well.

Domain Name Sales at Namepros
But I and others can agree that Overloop is really a stand out of a brand.

•••
But I and others can agree that Overloop is really a stand out of a brand.
Would you care to share some of the things you like about it as a brand name?

•••
Would you care to share some of the things you like about it as a brand name?
The domain is memorable, the words flow well between them, I have try to put my secret related keywords with loop in combo and they does not flow so good as Over + loop, but I would like to have those domains even if they don't flow so good.
To me Overloop sounds very well and clean, without stop letters in between, this words flow better than Facebook and Youtube, imo.
Hope I say correctly cause English is not my native.

•••
I think you said it well and while I don't disagree that the domain is a good brandable name, I don't usually see them going for more than 5k. 42888 is much higher

The point I was trying to make though is just because I don't understand the value that two other people saw in that domain (the buyer and seller) doesn't mean either party was being fraudulent.

Just like how some people on this site might not understand why smuggler XYZ sold for 4995 2 years ago. (I sold NFTsmuggler in King 36 hours after I acquired it for 499 when NFTs were going nuts. After a year the domain expired and I hand registered it again hoping lightning would strike twice...it hasn't yet).

Last edited:
•••
The Godaddy valuation tool values Overloop.com $8K+

•••
One day people will come to understand how the whole 'Hype' process works regarding Ntlds. .XYZ wasn't the first to attempt a suspicious model and it certainly wont be the last. It's very little difference to paying a 'Personality' to endorse your product or the outlay of a high-cost marketing spend. The extension owners aren't looking for a immediate financial return BUT, they are looking for Traction.

As businesses know, this requires a certain amount of perseverance. The whole model doesn't incur any direct loss to the extension holder. They hold the domains and incur nothing but the cost of moving a payment from Account A to Account B (bugger all really)

Now of course if you can contrive that personality and give it a supposed existence, you've got away with things on the most simplest and easily manipulative model possible.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back