Dynadot

You can instantly get any number of domains with high DA (expired, auctions, etc.) . How valuable would be a service of this kind?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

twiki

Top Member
Impact
I'm asking because I have it.

It's a byproduct of a larger bigdata project. Wondering if I should keep it private, or offer it as a service.

You can get say 25,000 or 50,000 names downloaded and sorted by DA (or similar metric) in a few minutes.

(TBH when I ran it first I almost dropped from the chair, but that's just me).

Important Note: I'm not selling anything; so please don't DM for access. If ever it will be live, I'll announce by proper channels, advertising and will let folks interested here know, of course . For now it's just internal usage.

Advice appreciated, thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are also in the process of preparing a business related to this kind of information. We possess additional data that includes DA, backlinks, daily traffic to the site, its first creation date, search volume of the domain address / keyword, and the GD value of all domains and much more. Our system process 100,000 domains under 1 minute. It's important to note that we are not the sole holders of this type of data; platforms such as DropCatch.com, Web.com, and Gname.com also have these data as part of their basic. What I intend to convey is that if you aim to offer a service related to this domain, it is essential to possess a greater amount of information that distinguishes you from others.

Last edited:
•••
We are also in the process of preparing a business related to this kind of information. We possess additional data that includes DA, backlinks, daily traffic to the site, its first creation date, search volume of the domain address / keyword, and the GD value of all domains and much more. Our system process 100,000 domains under 1 minute. It's important to note that we are not the sole holders of this type of data; platforms such as DropCatch.com, Web.com, and Gname.com also have these data as part of their basic. What I intend to convey is that if you aim to offer a service related to this domain, it is essential to possess a greater amount of information that distinguishes you from others.

Yeah, well not just you as you might know already.

There are countless providers, big and small of such data. Also you are correct - the big platforms DC etc, have it as well.

In fact, the answer does help.I'm not focusing on this kind of application; the segment is too crowded if you ask me.

Edit: have pressed enter by mistake. Was about to say that this is just a byproduct of a larger bigdata system I own and was just considering whether it's worthy providing a service or not. Maybe, not so much.

Last edited:
•••
Please offer it as a service and keep the charges affordable. I very much liked NameBio when they started. But since it got sold (IIRC) the new owner became greedy and limited the search results to just 10? I suppose - even for registered free user.
I know it's not a charity but still at least proper information can be conveyed without breaking a leg.

Based on the domain sales threads you often start, I think you have definitely created/hit a diamond mine of a tool/script!

Good luck! looking forward to seeing it as a tool :)

•••
Please offer it as a service and keep the charges affordable. I very much liked NameBio when they started. But since it got sold (IIRC) the new owner became greedy and limited the search results to just 10? I suppose - even for registered free user.
I know it's not a charity but still at least proper information can be conveyed without breaking a leg.

Based on the domain sales threads you often start, I think you have definitely created/hit a diamond mine of a tool/script!

I cant find the news anywhere of NameBio sold; but this is the second time i’m hearing this.
IIRC means “If i recall correctly“
You do recall correctly, and I believe it!

I would be interested in this service, since i believe in @twiki i like him and genius who contributes a lot to NP and always humble.

Last edited:
•••
I don't know who can be interested to check DA in bulk except for pending delete domains.
There are Spamzilla, Register Compass, Domcop (also good for auctions) for example that can list expiring domains by DA.
https://seo-rank.my-addr.com/pa-da-cf-tf-lookup-prices.php can work in bulk on a submitted list.
Otherwise buying MOZ API (that is not cheap) and building your script.
Where DropCatch.com and Web.com offer DA?

What is missing in my opinion is a service that lists domains by rank combined with a valid antispam.
None of the services that I know is reliable, DA & TF included.
It may be that some domainers have it, but I see a lot of junk domains backordered in bulk.

•••

Thank you very much for your comment.

However, to be honest, got very mixed / negative mostly feedback so far, asked in several places. Yours is the only one saying "please offer it".

Intention was indeed to keep it affordable. If you try the big ones such as Ahrefs or Majestic or whatnot, you need to be rich or sell a kidney to afford those credits.

But it appears as it is still a very hard sale; and also very difficult to convey the value, which I already know.

It might be simpler for me to just use it. Less hassle, and on longer term it might provide far more value than by selling the service. Also domain investors... not really high rollers when paying for such services.

•••
I don't know who can be interested to check DA in bulk except for pending delete domains.
There are Spamzilla, Register Compass, Domcop (also good for auctions) for example that can list expiring domains by DA.
https://seo-rank.my-addr.com/pa-da-cf-tf-lookup-prices.php can work in bulk on a submitted list.

What is missing in my opinion is a service that lists domains by rank combined with a valid antispam.
It may be that some domainers have it, but I see a lot of junk domains backordered in bulk.
Thank you for the comment.

The problem is, Moz API etc is way too expensive for this.

AS for the antispam, there's a lot of AI running around right now and I've been working with ML for quite some time, not just OpenAI or LLMs but other models as well. It can be done nicely I think.

But. So far, based on the feedback received (not just on NP), keeping it private might be a better idea. Hard sale. People don't really seem to get it (discounting NP folks that commented here, appreciated!).

Last edited:
•••
I'd be extremely interested in something like this!!

It would save me hours of time and I'd have a life again. Lol

•••
Let me be clear I should be happy to have a commercial reliable tool available that evaluates domains for me. Though I would hope for this to happen as late as possible.

I consider myself a craftsman who selects domains manually; if a reliable AI really gives a reliable evaluation, I will be out of a job.
I trust the dark side of the net that will always find new methods to artificially pump rankings and cheat your intelligent tools :pirate:

•••

Thanks for the comments,

I agree that several users here might be interested. However, given the pricing in that service you linked here, it might not be worth it for me. I bet the top amounts I could get would be far less than $3.5 per 100k names... which makes it totally uninteresting, given the fact that, from experience, I know that this tool can't reach thousands users to make it worth it - simply said there's not enough revenue to cover the marketing etc and if you account for the churn as well... yeah maybe not.

Might however put out a limited free tool - will see about that.

•••
I suppose you build your tool for personal usage.
So you have a TIER1 list where you work actively and you don't like competition.
Then a TIER2 list of interesting domains that you can share/sale.
Why don't you build up a payment mailing list?
It can be fast to build up and easy to manage.
For example if you can give me a limited list of good pending delete prospects, I can be interested in.

•••
@Samer , @Goku,

I appreciate your kind words, but I don't see myself anywhere above an average investor level. Still have a lot to learn and I come across my own shortcomings in this field on a daily basis.

I probably however share more than the average NP member, perhaps that's why you have this perception.

Indeed I have tools that help me but I have to observe, the value of a tool is still largely depending on the craftsmanship of the fellow handling that tool.

@Buy Domain Help LLC , you are probably correct. One needs to add a ton of extra value to something like this, to make it worth buying, to convey that value needed for someone to hit their pocket.

•••
I suppose you build your tool for personal usage.
So you have a TIER1 list where you work actively and you don't like competition.
Then a TIER2 list of interesting domains that you can share/sale.
Why don't you build up a payment mailing list?
It can be fast to build up and easy to manage.
For example if you can give me a limited list of good pending delete prospects, I can be interested in.

A payment mailing list will mean I have to be at work each evening (here in EU, morning in US) and provide the lists.

Can't do that, need to have a life.

Edit: I did actually have a quite large Tier 2, that I shared for free here for a couple weeks, until someone started bot registering everything in bulk so I had to shut it down.

I bet the paid one will go fast in that same direction. Some people don't have much sense in them.

Last edited:
•••
Anyway, for curiosity, upon better thought, I won't launch such a service.

Unless, perhaps, someday I'd be able to compete with the big names, but that's unlikely for a lot of reasons.

Thanks to everyone who commented!

Edit: Reason: It's complicated

Last edited:
•••

How valuable would be a service of this kind?​

25,000 or 50,000 names downloaded and sorted

There's no money in serving domainers only. Most of will abuse this sort of service (tested).

Think bigger ... enterprise level (6fig / yr) or mid-enterprise level (5 fig / yr) . f.e. dataprovider .com (used by big co's s.a. GD etc.)

(!!! this is not advertising, not my co. I'm partner in another co running more complicated & comprehensive data service... currently for 302 agencies & 3 cctlds. DNs are just correlated)

dp5.png

... You can start by playing w commoncrawl .org data (f.e. May-June 2023 contains 3.1 billion web pages or 390 TiB)

Regards

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back