Domain Empire

Zero ad-revenue from domain parking (at Sedo and Bodis) - Not Worth It

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

yb1313

Established Member
Impact
I parked my domains with ads on two platform: Sedo and Bodis (through Dan), and (as an act of public service) I want to share the “results”.
I pointed most of my domains to Dan and configured the domain monetization service Bodis (still using Dan's landers but through Bodis which displays ads, one can configure it in the settings), and listed some of my domains on Sedo Parking. I will share the results of the past month, which represent the overall rather laughable experience:
  • On Sedo, where I parked roughly a hundred domains, during the past month the domains had 500 visitors, which overall earned an amount just shy of $1 (RPM - revenue per thousand visitors – was .61c as seen in the screenshot below)
  • With Bodis (using Dan landers), I parked several hundred domains, they got roughly 3000 visits in a month, their ads generated a handful one or two clicks, earning me a revenue of less than $1 - again (screenshot added).
Note that I own a portfolio of decent domains, in fact some have quite a few backlinks and thus regular monthly clicks.

Conclusion: During this period, ad-parking on these two platform generated virtually zero ad revenue, and I also had considerably less inquiries and sales than before. Therefore, I have returned to clean sales landing pages and am putting more effort into making them attractive (considering possibly brandable platforms for a few domains).
img 3 namepros.png

img 4 namepros.png

I did not have much experience with ad-parking prior and so I see this as a good learning experience. I know that others have had similar or sometimes better results but it appears that at this point in most cases ad-parking isn't worth it anymore compared to simple landing-sales pages (or of course a developed site if one is able to do it).
Hopefully, this info will be of assistance to some, and encourage parking services to improve their systems.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have tried domains on basically all ppc platforms, including the defunct one's like (domainsponsor.com and voodoo.com, goldkey.com, parked.com, parkingpanel.com, etc, etc)
and some do better on sedo than bodis and some do better on bodis than sedo and some do better on parking crew or uni, than either of those.
First, thanks for taking the time to answer all the questions you answer on Namepros and other forums. Your expertise is really appreciated.

Some simple questions:

1) How do you decide whether to switch a domain from one service to the other? How long of a trial do you give on one service, such as Bodis, before trying a different one? Or do you even bother to switch?
2) In terms of the parking lander choices at Sedo, were there specific landers that worked best for you?
3) On Sedo, did you choose the manual related links (where you can choose up to 10 specific relevant terms), or chose the automatic feature.

And congrats on your successes with the parking. It's good to hear that it has worked for you.

•••
Hi

for me, everything starts with sedo,
all acquisitions are listed and pointed there first to get accepted.
then the party starts.
Any ideas as to why your experience has been so successful? Is it possible that, if you are a long-standing customer, there may be extra privileges or promotion given for listings?

•••
I've sold many domains through sedo. It helps if you have domains are not over priced and you have a good account rep,

ps we were talking bout parking..none do with sales hehe

•••
@mr-x thanks for the note, I updated the image right after uploading.
Your stats look nice for sure, you must have some very strong domains. Well, personally I will rely on selling (or developing) my strong ones, I guess ad-parking isn't right for everyone.

•••
u should have never used sedo

bodis is best

yer results are unique to u. cause yer domains are unique.

true or not.. I make statements that 99percent people make and agree with...u wanna be in that 1.percent and send people to sedo then that's for u to sleep with
Hi

i doubt that 99% of domainers would tell someone else, that they "should have never used sedo"
then in the breath say "yer results are unique, cause yer domains are unique"

well, if i and some others also have "unique" domains, then shouldn't we take advantage of other platforms that may pay more?

not trying to lead or send anybody, but on the other hand, i'm not trying to deter them either.

also, don't forget, in the big money game, the 1% controls most of it.
just saying....

imo...

•••
I've sold many domains through sedo. It helps if you have domains are not over priced and you have a good account rep,
Is the key to have an account rep, i.e a domain broker?
Their domain brokerage had a for to submit, requesting a year of traffic stats. Having been with Godaddy, I had no traffic stats to offer, So it was basically a non-starter.
In terms of parking, though, I will say that they had the coolest graphics. I really got a kick out of seeing all the different nations "seeing" the domains. Thanks, Sedo, for that nifty feature! Admittedly, for me, the income is more important than the graphics.

Last edited:
•••
@LoveCatchyDomains - as you seem to be interested in this topic, a friendly advice is to perhaps take a more throughout online course or research on the subject so you can master it:)
Are there any specific online courses that you could recommend? Other useful websites that may be very helpful for learning more?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back