IT.COM

discuss Are domain hacks good??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Branded Domains

Be YouTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Post ur domain hack here...

•••
One of the biggest companies in the world uses abc.xyz, which is a domain hack. They have enough money to be able to choose almost any domain and they choose a cool domain hack

•••
how is abc.xyz a hack? Is the name of the company abcxyz? Or is a hack any creative way to transliterate a word/brand/term?

•••
how is abc.xyz a hack? Is the name of the company abcxyz? Or is a hack any creative way to transliterate a word/brand/term?
It's Google, or "Alphabet" as the overall company is known so I guess it's a hack (?) as it represents the beginning and end of the alphabet. I suppose their other one would be a "pure" hack.
("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw.xyz")

•••
They work sometimes like CheapTrips.to :D but not all the time.They are good when they make sense and are in correct language structure.

•••
•••
i got virtualjob.biz actually if it's in hack category..

•••
not interested in this type of things.

•••
•••
•••
3dtou dot ch

3D To You or Just 3d touch

•••
VapeShopsNear .me

That's the only hack I own... it's not very short, but 90.500 searches last month for "vape shops near me".

•••
Of course I like (perfect*) domain hacks; they are supercool in my opinion.

*hack = dot between the 'spelling border' of the word/s.
If this is possible, then it is clearly the best way to use the own companyname.
Just perfect.

For example:
I am from Austria and one of the leading domain name registrars here is named EASYNAME.
They use EASY.NAME
That's a perfect domain hack in my eyes.

Other examples:
ACTION.WORLD (mine) or LAP.TOP / DESK.TOP (both not mine)

Last edited:
•••
Yeah..easy.name is a very good hack..now a days companies are doing creative stuff with the domain also..I with my friends run a NGO for orphan and old people..... So we are thinking about .NGO extension as our website.....

•••
I have a hack domain called xxxtu.be
Thats why you have to keep an eye on a new domain extensions and grab them asap.. You might get lucky one day

•••
I own a couple of hacks, I love them but I only really buy them when I have a project in mind.

Currently own:
Sympto.ms (had several offers on this domain in the low to mid $xxx)
Groov.es (had several offers on this domain in the low to mid $xxx)
Palett.es

•••
•••
I also have carolscandl.es

•••
I got ComputerNet.work and mySocialNet.work

•••
More domain hack posting please...

•••
1) I like domain hacks which are pronounceable and pass radio test. You often see such hack sales..

Example:
Network => Net.Work => Pronounced "Net Dot Work"
Nightclub => Night.Club => Pronounced Night Dot Club

2) I am not a big fan and see end user confusion in other type of domain hacks like. They can be used for social media links and promotions but dont see mainstream usage.

Examples:
Designers => Designe.rs => Pronounced how ? Designe Dot RS
Delicious => Del.icio.us => they eventually changed name to delicious.com . had lot of leaking traffic and user confusion.

Just my 2 cents:

•••
1) I like domain hacks which are pronounceable and pass radio test. You often see such hack sales..

Example:
Network => Net.Work => Pronounced "Net Dot Work"
Nightclub => Night.Club => Pronounced Night Dot Club

2) I am not a big fan and see end user confusion in other type of domain hacks like. They can be used for social media links and promotions but dont see mainstream usage.

Examples:
Designers => Designe.rs => Pronounced how ? Designe Dot RS
Delicious => Del.icio.us => they eventually changed name to delicious.com . had lot of leaking traffic and user confusion.

Just my 2 cents:
gave ur 2 cents:xf.grin::P:P:P:P

•••
I.m n.ot a hu.ge ha.ck f.an

Th.ey c.an confu.se consume.rs w.ho a.re uninform.ed abo.ut n.ew extensio.ns a.nd fa.il t.he rad.io te.st miserab.ly

Ju.st m.y opini.on

Last edited:
•••
Btw I registered 3DtoU . ch (3d touch)...what u think its a good hack or waste of my paper??
listed in aftermarket 10 views within 1 hour.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back