IT.COM

discuss Are domain hacks good??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Branded Domains

Be YouTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
to my eyes in order to judge if a domain hacks is good or not i like to think to the target to the possible developed websites.
If it is a chat for guys and gals a domain name like meet.me is great.
If the purpose would be a finance site or something with a very educated target i prefer to stick to a keyword.com

•••
•••
•••
What about geo hacks? Place names, (e.g. Dubl.in)

•••
•••
•••
3Dtouch
FogNetWork
ComputerNetWork
Mobiles/to

•••
Well in the past 3 weeks I have had 4 unsolicited email enquiries after my hack domains (plus a ridiculous enquiry for a GeoDomain on here via PM where I was literally asked "if you provide me the offer $$$ or $$$$ ( low, medium, high) range, i can offer my best" so that is not included in the count of offers).

Domain hacks just like any other kind of domains have the value that the owner and potential buyer put on them. When you consider that of the nearly 400 million domain names registered very few get sold each year on the aftermarket, and of these many do not get any publicity at all. Those that look at current type-in traffic often rate domain hacks as being worthless, unless they are owned by one of the big domainers when surprisingly they are valued highly. (LOL)

To me domain hacks are valuable if they can transmit a marketing message via sight, and this is likely to become ever more so, imagine the domain ca.rs, now there is no way it would pass the so-called 'radio test' ('c', 'a', 'dot', 'r', 's'), but now on the screen or in print it immediately means just one thing to the viewer:

'ca.rs' = 'cars'

This can and does apply to longer terms as well, let us consider the following, 'BolywooodFil.ms', again no way will this pass the so-called 'radio-test', but on screen or in print it means just one thing - 'Bollywood films'. Now obviously with more and more access to the internet occurring using mobile devices with touch screen control the so-called 'radio test' is diminishing in importance as people click on links to a site rather than do direct type-in with the hope of finding what they want. But also consider that the amount of inter-personal communication being done verbally is reducing tremendously as many people now communicate via text. This and several other major factors means that domain hacks are only increasing in value to marketeers and advertisiers and will continue to do so in the future.

Anyway that is just my opinion, but then again most people think it is worthless.:rolleyes:

•••
I think some of you are confusing hacks and span the dot names. Just like all the new "Generic" TLD's any cc tld that is a word like, .me .us .to can span the dot like marry.me or make a hack like aweso.me
------------------MY favorite is STD domain names. You can get very clever. NOW, if tthey sell that would be grand.

•••
I hacked the stock market exchange with: ;)

StockMarket.Exchange

( one offer from Sedo )

•••
I like them if they make sense. Many of the new extensions rely on domain hacks or at least using the extension as the second keyword like Mountain.bike

Most of the good ones that would be used for the extensions are being held by the registrars and auctioned off for a lot of money.

Mountain.bike was held back from registration to be auctioned off, but for some reason they didn't hold back Mtn.bike for auction (which I grabbed and couldn't believe no one else got it before me). I really like it because it's shorter than Mountain.bike and is perfect for the extension.

I sold:
Foru.ms for a very nice amount.
Musli.ms

I still have:
Chatroo.ms
Condominiu.ms
(love it)
Timeshar.es
(love it too)

•••
I love hacks when they are really short version of your domain and complement for promotion/social media/remembering/sharing purposes like youtube.com youtu.be
washingtonpost.com wpost.com wpo.st

I'm in "holding pattern"right now with some .in hacks. Do you see value in such things? And what are the limits? I see you mentioned YouTu.be.

So that mentions you can do two keyword domains where the last keyword ends in .in???

Your opinion is appreciated as I am still holding before I make a move.

•••
Mobil.es would be even better )

Quick question? In your example. Would MOBIL.ES really be "understood" by good spiders as "mobiles" or just "Mobil"??

Some say yes others say no.

•••
I like them if they make sense. Many of the new extensions rely on domain hacks or at least using the extension as the second keyword like Mountain.bike

Most of the good ones that would be used for the extensions are being held by the registrars and auctioned off for a lot of money.

Mountain.bike was held back from registration to be auctioned off, but for some reason they didn't hold back Mtn.bike for auction (which I grabbed and couldn't believe no one else got it before me). I really like it because it's shorter than Mountain.bike and is perfect for the extension.

I sold:
Foru.ms for a very nice amount.
Musli.ms

I still have:
Chatroo.ms
Condominiu.ms
(love it)
Timeshar.es (love it too)

Did you real sell those? Private sale or marketplace auction?

I have a bunch of ideas right now for really good hacks. Just hesitating as I am not selling reported actual sales on Namebio.

Also seems like you only still stick with one keyword domains. Is there a reason for that or could two keywords work too depending ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
mountaincab.in

buycab.in

alberteinste.in

germanste.in

area.co.de

promo.co.de

car.co.de

free.catering

boobtu.be

theexecutive.top

confirming.link

loaded.cloud

use.cologne

new.cologne

optfor.pro

optfor.top

optfor.xyz

howto.promo

vrs.im ( vr sim)

ロ.TOP (means ro.top but looks like box.top lol)

ty

•••
I just got a Trophy for
geeks.to/go (above)
so I figure I should add

nerds.to/network
pennies.in/aJar
and
dogs.to/walk /train /love /adopt /rescue

keep those likes coming

Last edited:
•••
area.co.de

promo.co.de

BY FAR THE BEST!!

•••
available hacks:

finge.rs
drinke.rs
dange.rs
holde.rs
minim.ax
aftert.ax
anit.ax

( more .rs hacks can be found here: http://who.in.rs/rs-hacks.php )

•••
What about:

Intern.et ?

This one is cool

•••
HappyNewYea.rU

What do you think about this one?

•••
eko.praset.io i dont own but cool hh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back