IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@cocaseco I agree, but why would anyone choose to be a guinea pig to test the rules. I mean lets say you decide to test the rules and try it out,to see what happens then get banned from BB for breaking the rules...think i'd rather wait to see what happens to others then maybe go down this route.

Brand Bucket Terms and conditions

Section 6

(b) you will not impersonate or misrepresent your association with any person or entity; you will not forge or otherwise seek to conceal or misrepresent the origin of any content provided by you;

The real question is why would anyone answer this question in a public forum :)

•••
•••
I had a really good last 5 weeks on BB. Here are my sales...

C y b e r s p r o u t
S i m p l e R o b o t
S w i t c h P u l s e
W o r k P i l e
Z e n o z a
R e c r u i t P a d
F u t u re W h e e l s
R e a d y S t r e a m
T e c h S i l o
N e t w o r k S t a c k
H e l l o P a y m e n t
P a y M y T a b
P r o v i d r
C a r v e z a
Z e n S t a t e
H e l p N i n j a
S i l e n t B o o s t

Last edited:
•••
@michaeljkrell Nice job! ...how do you think the market is going?...more demand for 5/6L pronounceables or same a always e.g. a mix of pronounceables and 2 word brandables?

•••
Indeed their logo is not very nice.
One thing you should do is reduce the price by 5$. Common marketing stuff. It would make the domain much more appealing.

I disagree, my company has done surveys on this subject. People have seen the 95 cents and the 95 dollar endings for decades... I agree it still works on the .95 cent items, but items worth thousands of dollars it doesn't matter, and people would rather see honest marketing rather than scheme marketing. No one is gonna think "oh dang, that one cost an even 2k... so i'll go with the $1,995 instead", but yes if there is a $5 dollar item, some people will fall for the $4.95 marketing trick.

I think it's MORE appealing and easier/faster to read at $2,000 vs $1,995

•••
@michaeljkrell Nice job! ...how do you think the market is going?...more demand for 5/6L pronounceables or same a always e.g. a mix of pronounceables and 2 word brandables?

Thanks! I think it is still a mixture of both. I've started to purchase some more pronounceable invented words, so it is nice to see some of those selling.

•••
I had a really good last 5 weeks on BB.
17 domains .. that is 1% of your BB portfolio sold in 5 weeks. Pretty good numbers.

On the other hand .. I know I have to own 100 domains to sell 1 in 5 weeks :)

--

I'll try to find more 2-word names, you seem to sell a lot of those. But I find it so much easier to just invent a word ..ahah.

•••

C y b e r s p r o u t
S i m p l e R o b o t
S w i t c h P u l s e
W o r k P i l e
Z e n o z a
R e c r u i t P a d
F u t u re W h e e l s
R e a d y S t r e a m
T e c h S i l o
N e t w o r k S t a c k
H e l l o P a y m e n t
P a y M y T a b
P r o v i d r
C a r e v z a
Z e n S t a t e
H e l p N i n j a
S i l e n t B o o s t
On March 24th was your last post so is this from the last 10 weeks or the last 5 weeks? Did I miss a post?

•••
This is from the last 5 weeks. I posted something at the end of April.

•••
This is from the last 5 weeks. I posted something at the end of April.
Thanks I just found it. I like to keep a record of all brandable sales and I missed that post.

•••
Congratulations on a great month Michael.

Last edited:
•••

C y b e r S p r o u t
S i m p l e R o b o t
S w i t c h P u l s e
W o r k P i l e
Z e n o z a
R e c r u i t P a d
F u t u re W h e e l s
R e a d y S t r e a m
T e c h S i l o
N e t w o r k S t a c k
H e l l o P a y m e n t
P a y M y T a b
P r o v i d r
C a r e v z a
Z e n S t a t e
H e l p N i n j a
S i l e n t B o o s t

Thanks a bunch for posting the list of 17 domains that sold on BrandBucket recently. Here are some quick stats:

First Letter: C 2, F 1, H 2, N 1, P 2, R 2, S 3, T 1, W 1, Z 2
Length: 6-letter 1, 7-letter 2, 8-letter 4, 9-letter 1, 10-letter 1, 11-letter 5, 12-letter 3
Syllable: 2-syllable 3, 3-syllable 12, 4-syllable 2
Type: Made-up 3, Two-words 13, Three-words 1

For the general benefit of everyone, here are a few quick questions:

1. Would it be safe to assume that it is more or less a representative set of names that are selling on BrandBucket?
2. Does the average sale price still fall in the $2,000 - $4,000 sweet spot?
3. Carevza is not registered and has no history on BrandBucket. Am I missing anything?

Note: The above stats may change slightly depending on the correct name you provide.

•••
Hey, Patrick. Whoops. It was C A R V E Z A not carevza .

1. My whole portfolio is very heavy keyword focused, so I would say that outside of my portfolio it is mostly invented names that sell.

2. I'm not sure what the average sale price is across the board. I can say that my sales generally happen in the $1500 - $5K range. Most of my listed names are in that price range.

•••
•••
On the other hand .. I know I have to own 100 domains to sell 1 in 5 weeks :)

Sorry to deflate your bubble, but to give some perspective I have 203 names listed, and haven't had 1 sale in last 5 weeks on BB. Not complaining, but sales can never be guaranteed.

Well done @michaeljkrell those are some very impressive sales stats.

•••
Hey folks, sounds like it still taking BB ~45 days to review and approve domains. What does everyone recommend doing with the domain during that time frame? List on a competitor (BR, NR)? Sedo?

My understanding is that it's not exclusive to BB until its actually listed..

•••

Last edited:
•••
QUESTION: What do you guys think of -oid suffixed names?

There were only three of them in Doron's sale list: C O G N O I D and two others (can't remember the other two). I looked up the meaning of -oid and it means "resembling" or "like." Though, I think the meaning might have evolved in modern Internet parlance. To me, it just lends a techy/robotic feel to a name, likely due to the prominence of the word android over the past thirty years.

I may be wrong, but on BB, -oid seems to be a second class suffix. Not quite as accepted as -za, -ly, etc.

•••
QUESTION: What do you guys think of -oid suffixed names?

There were only three of them in Doron's sale list: C O G N O I D and two others (can't remember the other two). I looked up the meaning of -oid and it means "resembling" or "like." Though, I think the meaning might have evolved in modern Internet parlance. To me, it just lends a techy/robotic feel to a name, likely due to the prominence of the word android over the past thirty years.

I may be wrong, but on BB, -oid seems to be a second class suffix. Not quite as accepted as -za, -ly, etc.

More of a service/website type suffix imo, and maybe not all that appealing as a "business name".

•••
Hey folks, sounds like it still taking BB ~45 days to review and approve domains. What does everyone recommend doing with the domain during that time frame? List on a competitor (BR, NR)? Sedo?

My understanding is that it's not exclusive to BB until its actually listed..

I would not submit it on another "logo creating" website. If it gets approved on NR, they work on the logo and then BB approve your domain. You will probably remove the name on NR and a designer worked on it for nothing.

I would submit on just domain listing like GoDaddy Auctions. It is easy to remove when BB approve.

•••
@ Brandworthy Hopefully the sales ratio long term holds up!

Regarding logos. They are as personal and subjective as anything. For BB they are just means to an end I think. Showcasing potential. Nothing more, nothing less. No more effort than that should be wasted on logos.

•••
By the way since there was talks of percentage of sales. In about 1.5 years, sold 10 out of 135 listed. But over 75% of my portfolio is less than 1 years old (would assume there's a few from the bunch that might sell also)

•••
2 of my domains are pending to publish. Its been 10 days now and the logo is pending too.
Can anyone update about the time frame it takes for the publishing process
Help much appreciated.

•••
2 of my domains are pending to publish. Its been 10 days now and the logo is pending too.
Can anyone update about the time frame it takes for the publishing process
Help much appreciated.

Here is the current wait time for the non-ambassadors:

'Pending review'-> 5-6 weeks (down from 7-8 weeks)
'Pending Logo Design'-> 3-4 weeks (up from 2-3 weeks)
'Queued for Publishing'-> 1-2 weeks (up from 0-1 week)
---------------------------------------------------
Total time- 9-12 weeks (2-3 months)

Current wait time for ambassadors:

'Pending review'-> 0-1week
'Pending Logo Design'-> 1-2 weeks
'Queued for Publishing'-> 0-1week
-------------------------------------------------
Total time- about 4 weeks (1 monthish)

Last edited:
•••
Here is the current wait time for the non-ambassadors:

'Pending review'-> 5-6 weeks (down from 7-8 weeks)
'Pending Logo Design'-> 3-4 weeks (up from 2-3 weeks)
'Queued for Publishing'-> 1-2 weeks (up from 0-1 week)
---------------------------------------------------
Total time- 9-12 weeks (2-3 months)

Current wait time for ambassadors:

'Pending review'-> 0-1week
'Pending Logo Design'-> 1-2 weeks
'Queued for Publishing'-> 0-1week
-------------------------------------------------
Total time- about 4 weeks (1 monthish)

As Jahfree says, it varies. When the review process was backed up, the logo process was quicker. Now that the review process has accelerated the slogan/logo/publishing process has become backlogged. A domain I registered and submitted on March 16 was just published today. Good things come to those who wait............. B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back