IT.COM

BrandPa.com Experience (Brandable Domain Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
BrandPa.com has announced their presence on NamePros...
Hi there! I'm sorry your experience with BB wasn't pleasant :/ If you'd like to try our marketplace please don't hesitate to do so :) We're new in the domaining industry but very eager to learn! Let me know what you think or if you have any questions :) This is us: https://brandpa.com/ (or if you'd like to read about the sellers' rules visit this page: https://brandpa.com/start-selling)

Look forward to hearing from you!
Granted, the above post is from the BrandBucket experience thread, and will likely be deleted for being off topic / wrong thread, it was the first time I heard of them. The founder, @Jowita Emberton, had introduced herself in an earlier thread:

Hi guys! NamePros is a great website to get invaluable information about the domaining industry. As a reader, I'm here pretty much every day. As a writer, I'm starting today :)

I'm the founder of Brandpa (brandpa.com), a domain name marketplace similar to BB, BR or Namerific. We use AI and human knowledge to create and judge the names’ value according to how easy to pronounce and catchy they are.

I'm here to learn, get to know you and your recent experiences with other brandable name marketplaces :) We're still developing the business so any insight on our site (brandpa.com) or anything you're missing from other marketplaces will be very useful :)

Thanks!

I'm creating this thread to discuss their marketplace, and for those who have experiences with them.

Here's what I know so far:

The founder, @Jowita Emberton, runs two other online businesses according to her LinkedIn page.

Delighten.co.uk - Web / brand design firm.

Weddination.com - Polish wedding services

According to her LinkedIn, she has been operating BrandPa since August 2016. Though, the last cached Archive.org screenshot is a server error on October 4, 2016 HERE

BrandPa.com (2006) is registered to Oliver Emberton, founder and managing director of SilkTide.com.

Currently, there are 562 domains published / listed on BrandPa. It appears most domains listed are handregged by the owners. Not 100% on this; I will run a check when my program is working again.

After reviewing their listings, I found two errors.

upload_2017-2-20_14-26-8.png The domain regged is MonoRaptor.com, but the text reads ManoRaptor.com

upload_2017-2-20_14-27-32.png The domain regged is UnknownVenues.com, but the text reads UnknownVenus.com

At first look:

Pros
  • No Listing Fee
  • FREE Logos
  • Domain Owner sets price ($1,000+)
  • Forwards all offers for sellers consideration
  • Brandpa is a pretty memorable / catchy brandable domain.
  • Select 'On-Sale' marketing section
upload_2017-2-20_14-34-49.png

Cons
  • Low Alexa Ranking (4,557,819)
upload_2017-2-20_14-36-32.png
  • New site. Assuming low organic traffic, and low type-in traffic due to quality and quantity of inventory.
  • Piggy-back branding off BrandBucket in site footer see below
upload_2017-2-20_14-45-31.png

upload_2017-2-20_14-41-42.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-42-20.pngupload_2017-2-20_14-43-14.png upload_2017-2-20_14-43-54.png

• Reviews are all from .co.uk domains, yet BrandPa doesn't sell any .co.uk domains. A quick glance at other domains owned by the reviewers and I wasn't able to verify any brandable .com's with history tracing back to BrandPa.
upload_2017-2-20_15-10-41.png

Personal thoughts: I respect that they "allow the seller to submit more domain names" by not charging a listing fee. To me this shows they are willing to work for your exclusivity. Should they gain popularity, I wonder if they'll sustain this business model and/or if their logo / listing quality will decrease over time when resources are spread across the masses.

@Jowita Emberton = Feel free to comment / fill in any of the blanks. :penguin:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe they got an offer lower than your floor price and they are negotiating with the buyer to try to get their offer to the minimum. It's happened to me a couple of times that they send me a message explaining there is an offer that is below my floor price even though they tried to get the buyer there, and asked me if I wanted to accept it or decline it.

Edit: I just saw your edit in real-time. Glad they replied. The no reply part was a bit concerning.
Yes, at least it shows that there is some action going on there, even if it does not end with a sale.

•••
I have 270 names listed there and last year I sold 4 - I sold 5 names each year in 2021 and 2020 - I have had no sales so far this year.

I've tried it a few times and some have ended up as sales and others that didn't come to anything and the name was just listed again
That is a good STR!

•••
That is a good STR!

It has been decreasing in recent years - I listed the first names there in August 2017 and sold 4 out of 38 names that year - In 2019 I sold 6 out of 180 names - I have not listed new names in the last year, but focused more on BB and SquadHelp - In 2021 I had a STR of 4.5 at BB but it's back to 2 now.

Last edited:
•••
Overall I've had a good experience with Brandpa, but I have been thinking of pulling out to be honest to try other strategies. I've appreciated the updates to the platform buyer/seller experience over the years. Support can sometimes take a while to reply - but it's worth noting that I mostly get replies from Jowita (the founder) so my guess is that they have a small team.

Here are my sales to compare with (listed portfolio 100 on average):
2019 - 2
2020 - 1
2021 - 4
2022 - 1
2023 so far - 2

•••
How does Brandpa compare to BrandBucket or Brandnic?

•••
I used to have 3 sales per year on average.

Then nothing since April 2022.

FWIW

They have had only 1 reported sale here on NP since 2022... and it was a low sale as well. Perhaps their marketing is very low these days.

TakeoutMonster.com5502024-02-09BrandpaNamePros

•••
@Jowita Emberton ; have sales on your platform declined? Can you release any data for 2023 vs 2022?

•••
According to LinkedIn, both Jowita and her husband Oliver (the cofounders) left Brandpa in 2021. I have no idea who is running things over there now.

•••
According to LinkedIn, both Jowita and her husband Oliver (the cofounders) left Brandpa in 2021. I have no idea who is running things over there now.
I mailed with Jowita in September regarding a offer for one of my names, so I think they are still involved

•••
I mailed with Jowita in September regarding a offer for one of my names, so I think they are still involved

That's good to hear. Their CS doesn't respond to any requests and it's weird they both pulled Brandpa off their Linkedin Accts.

•••
I noticed Oliver is living in Austin Texas now working for Metamorph AI. Jowita seems to be working for Experian but still listed in England.

I wonder if they do still own Brandpa but it seems like if it changed hands it would have been announced. Brandpa was Jowita’s idea.

Last edited:
•••
I noticed Oliver is living in Austin Texas now working for Metamorph AI. Jowita seems to be working for Experian but still listed in England.

I wonder if they do still own Brandpa but it seems like if it changed hands it would have been announced. Brandpa was Jowita’s idea.

Jowita got back to me (via the Brandpa platform) and said they are still running things. So that was nice to see. Unclear if it's a side gig now or why they list other jobs on LinkedIn. Perhaps the business is so "automated" it requires less time - although one would like to see more marketing for buyers on the platform

•••
I discovered Brandpa recently (mid 2023) and listed one name.

Then there was an AI makeover I believe, and I rediscovered them in January 2024. The AI generated top three use cases and the summary pitch are really good, especially for generic/keyword names.

Most of my CS emails were answered by Jowita, latest being in the last week. A logo for a pro listing was up within few hours. So nothing seems amiss.

I now have 15 names listed there (seller handle sri).

•••

Hi Karmaco. Yes, Brandpa is still owned and run by us :)

•••
•••
nametree-sales-brandpa.png

They're alive alright. Jowita's been responsive whenever needed.

•••
I have been using Brandpa for several years and their STR is higher then both BB and SH. Most of the sales are in the $2k to $4k brandable range. Service and payouts have been excellent.

•••
I’ve been with Brandpa for many years and they just delivered me a very nice sale for travelchasers.com. Very pleased with Brandpa and their great work.

•••
I’ve been with Brandpa for many years and they just delivered me a very nice sale for travelchasers.com. Very pleased with Brandpa and their great work.
And boom… another Brandpa sale pickito.com - great work from the Brandpa team.

•••
I have been using Brandpa for several years and their STR is higher then both BB and SH. Most of the sales are in the $2k to $4k brandable range. Service and payouts have been excellent.
Show attachment 254990

They're alive alright. Jowita's been responsive whenever needed.

Thanks for sharing! Can you all let me know if your sales were standard (no logo) or with logo?

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing! Can you all let me know if your sales were standard (no logo) or with logo?
The sales were with logo. I do not have any standard listings on Brandpa.

•••
The sales were with logo. I do not have any standard listings on Brandpa.

What sort of BP Views do you get on your names? My top 2 logo names get over 300 but the remaining names with logo get less, even 5 LLLLL.

•••
What sort of BP Views do you get on your names? My top 2 logo names get over 300 but the remaining names with logo get less, even 5 LLLLL.
My top name on BP averages 2132 views per month. I have 3242 names listed currently on Brandpa.

•••
My top name on BP averages 2132 views per month. I have 3242 names listed currently on Brandpa.

Thanks!
What would you say your general average monthly views are (not for the top name) but for the bottom half of your portfolio?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back