NameSilo

discuss Celebrity domain - Caitlin Clark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life. I can't say what it is here, but it's very similar to YouGoGirl.com. Caitlin will be interviewed by ABC's Robin Roberts tomorrow morning about her record setting NCAA performance this weekend while playing The Ohio State Buckeyes.

I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who. Here something I pulled from her Wiki page that tells of her marketing and branding potential;

Business interests[edit]​

Clark and Jake from State Farm pointing at khakisClark with "Jake from State Farm" in a promotion for State Farm in 2023
Clark is represented by agents Alan Zucker, Colleen Garrity and Erin Kane of Excel Sports Management.[181] She has been described by analysts as one of the most marketable college basketball players and college athletes.[182][183] On August 18, 2021, she signed her first name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with The Vinyl Studio, a company based in West Des Moines, Iowa.[184] Clark signed with Nike on October 10, 2022; she has often worn shoes from the company's Kobe Bryant signature shoe line.[185][186] On October 10, 2023, she became a spokesperson for State Farm and was the first college athlete to sign with the company.[187] That December, Clark added Gatorade to her list of endorsements, joining Paige Bueckers as the only women's basketball players to sign with the company.[188] As part of the deal, Gatorade donated $22,000, in reference to her number 22 jersey, to the Caitlin Clark Foundation, which aims to benefit youth and their communities through education, nutrition and sport.[189] She is partnered with the Iowa-based supermarket chain Hy-Vee, which launched a cereal called "Caitlin's Crunch Time" at select stores in January 2024, with proceeds going to Clark's foundation.[190] She has also signed NIL deals with Bose, Buick, Goldman Sachs, H&R Block and Topps, among other companies.[191]

I'd luv to discuss this with anyone who has had any experience with this sort of thing. PM if you'd rather not talk about it here. Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You really don't understand the finer nuances of domaining do you. Or even the basics. Guess that's the result of talking so much. Your choice to mention the OliverStone purchase shows just how little you understand
"nuances of domaining":ROFL: "domaining" isn't even a word, now go back to bed:xf.wink:

•••
The good news is.....

I think you can get a refund for this horrible domain purchase. I believe that Godaddy will cancel a hand reg name and refund the purchase price, as long as you notify them within 5 days of purchase (120 hours). Luckily you purchased within the last 5 days (120 hours). So, Right The Ship, before the refund clock expires!
Sorry...not worth the 5 minutes of time it will take me to get $10.43 back. Besides, it gives me another quiver in my arrow against GD for selling me a tainted domain:xf.wink:

•••
Things you didn't expect Brandpa to say at the domainer table:

"Serving the Children of the World" is the motto for Kiwanis, and having just returned from my Kiwanis Club breakfast I registered YouGoCxxxxin.org

I'm no more a cybersquatter than you're a racist.

I'm not a Cybersquatter, I'm a creator. Again, what do you have against women?

Things you would expect Brandpa to say at the domainer table:

Also, the ridiculous, "you must hate women" routine because somebody points out issues with the name. If I regged a pizza name with little caesars in it and somebody pointed out the issues with that, do they hate pizza? That's your argument.

You Cant See Me Womens Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

#FromUnRegsToRichsRegOfTheDay

Last edited:
•••
Another horrible thread.

"the most valuable domain of my life"

6 and half years since you've been here and this domain is the most valuable? Trying to jump off somebody's name? Do you understand you can hand reg these type of domains all day long? One example LetsGoCaitlin.com - https://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch/find?domainToCheck=letsgocaitlin

Also, the ridiculous, "you must hate women" routine because somebody points out issues with the name. If I regged a pizza name with little caesars in it and somebody pointed out the issues with that, do they hate pizza? That's your argument.
I guess @ThatNameGuy needs a new project after singlehandedly "absolving" world hunger? :ROFL:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-an-8-47-domain-absolve-world-hunger-and-malnutrition.1164212/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
He might be singlehandedly responsible for GoDaddy stock going up again. Your rep must love you.

Thank you very much.

•••
He might be singlehandedly responsible for GoDaddy stock going up again.

You kid, but is Richard Morris really ThatNameGuy or is ThatNameGuy just a front for Chuck Norris?

1. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't need to search for expired domains. They come to him, begging to be registered.
  2. When Google has a question they “Morris” it.
  3. Richard "Chuck" Morris can break a 60 day transfer lock in less than a second.
  4. Richard "Chuck" Morris can access the dark web... with the lights on.
  5. GoDaddy's stock price goes up every time Richard "Chuck" Morris renews a domain. Investors know it's a sign of his approval.
  6. Richard "Chuck" Morris can leave a comment on your Facebook wall using namePros.
  7. Richard "Chuck" Morris will never be flagged by Google. Google isn’t nearly foolish enough to de-index him.
  8. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn’t read posts. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.
  9. Richard "Chuck" Morris does not need Twitter. . . he is already following you.
  10. Richard "Chuck" Morris wrote a namePros post and it got over five million likes. Before it was published.
  11. Bill Gates lives in constant fear that Richard "Chuck" Morris’s PC will crash.
  12. Richard "Chuck" Morris's computer has no "backspace" button. Morris doesn't make mistakes.
  13. There is no search engine algorithm. Just a list of websites Richard "Chuck" Morris allows to rank.
  14. When Richard "Chuck" Morris types in a misspelling on a search engine, it corrects it for everyone else, not just him.
  15. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn’t need to track click-through or conversion rates. His are always 100 percent.
  16. ICANN begged Richard "Chuck" Morris NOT to create his own domain name extension. They were worried ".roundhouse" would be too powerful.
  17. When Richard "Chuck" Morris needs a CAPTCHA, he just shows a picture of himself. No robot dares to impersonate him.
  18. Cloud storage companies pay Richard "Chuck" Morris for the privilege of storing his tears. They cure cancer, but nobody's brave enough to collect them.
  19. Verisign was only awarded the .com contract because they paid off Richard "Chuck" Morris.
  20. Richard "Chuck" Morris can register a .com domain with a fax machine and a stare.
  21. GoDaddy commercials secretly feature Richard "Chuck" Morris doing domain management tasks... blindfolded.
  22. Richard "Chuck" Morris's domain portfolio is so vast, it has its own zip code.
  23. New domain extensions are afraid of Richard "Chuck" Morris. They fear he'll claim them all with a single glare.
  24. ICANN's board of directors has a hidden picture on the wall. It's just Richard "Chuck" Morris with the caption "Don't Mess Up."
  25. On Namepros, users can buy "Richard Chuck Morris Points" to boost their posts. They're worthless, but everyone does it anyway.
  26. Richard "Chuck" Morris can register a domain name in any language, even those not yet invented. The domain name just knows.
  27. GoDaddy wants to create a "Richard Chuck Morris Day" sale, but they're too scared to ask him.
  28. Richard "Chuck" Norris can domain flip entire industries with a single domain registration.
  29. ICANN has a secret handshake reserved for Richard "Chuck" Morris. It involves a lot of trembling.
  30. ICANN's biggest fear is a Richard "Chuck" Morris diss track about domain names. They know it would break the internet.
  31. Richard "Chuck" Morris's avatar on Namepros is simply a silhouette. No one dares look at the real thing.
  32. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't use social media. Social media uses him... for legendary content.
  33. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't need SEO. Search engines find him.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
It seems he already give up the idea to fix human hunger issue,

1. Richard "Chuck" Morris doesn't fight hunger. Hunger begs for mercy from him.
2. The UN tried to solve world hunger, but Richard "Chuck" Morris just stared at the problem. It was solved in a week.
3. When Richard "Chuck" Morris donates to charity, it's not food. It's confidence. Suddenly, everyone feels they can overcome hunger.
4. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are scared of Richard "Chuck" Morris. They know he can grow food with his bare hands... and a single tear.
5. Astronauts take Richard "Chuck" Morris protein bars into space. They're not for hunger, they're for emergencies. (Like if an alien tries to steal their lunch.)
6. In a post-apocalyptic world, Richard "Chuck" Morris wouldn't need to find food. Food would find him... and apologize for being scarce.
7. Once a year, Richard "Chuck" Morris holds a "Roundhouse Rice" distribution event. He throws sacks of rice across continents with pinpoint accuracy. Nobody goes hungry.

...or had found out the domain has no value so he dropped it 😀

1. Richard "Chuck" Morris' domain names don't expire. They simply know better.
2. The concept of domain renewal fees is a test for Richard "Chuck" Morris. He stares at the renewal notice until it combusts spontaneously.
3. ICANN sends Richard "Chuck" Morris birthday cards, not renewal notices.
4. Richard "Chuck" Norris doesn't click "Renew Now" buttons. He clicks "I Don't Think So" and the domain cowers in fear.
5. When a domain name registrar accidentally sends Richard "Chuck " Morris a renewal notice, their entire server system goes offline for a week.
6. Time itself bends around Richard "Chuck" Morris' domain names. They exist outside the concept of expiration.
7. The internet secretly whispers "Please don't expire" to Richard "Chuck" Morris' domains every night.

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 253766

It seems he already gave up the idea to fix human hunger issue, or had found out the domain has no value so he dropped it 😀

But don't worry, he is working in sports and woman issue now. This is the type of person Godaddy very loves...
It looks like it was registered in 2019 and dropped in 2020.

I assume it was only dropped because there was no need, as world hunger had already been "absolved" in only one year...all thanks to an $8.47 domain. Amazing!

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Excuse me? So it's worthless if it brings more attention to women and sports. That's stinkn thinkn as far as I'm concerned. You may want to Google YouGoGirl.com to see all the POSITIVE that can come of it. What do you have against women:xf.rolleyes:
Bailey...you must have something against women in sports as well. One of the worlds largest women in sports promoter is right there in London. You may want to check this out; https://womeninsport.org/
Maybe you should read this;

https://tldinvestors.com/2012/01/its-all-over-the-place-in-the-world-of-celebrity-domains.html

I'm not a Cybersquatter, I'm a creator. Again, what do you have against women?
No one has anything against women here.

What do you have against buying good domains?

You're a creator eh...What have you created?

Can you point to even one website or project that has actually been developed?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
No one has anything against women here.

What do you have against buying good domains?

You're a creator eh...What have you created?

Can you point to even one website or project that has actually been developed?

Brad
"No one has anything against women here"

lol, could have fooled me:xf.wink:

"What do you have against buying good domains"

i buy them every day. Just bought a domain for my FreshOvernite seafood delivery business. Because my girl who makes soups to die for like Crab Bisque, She Crab Soup, Shrimp Corn Chowder, and Oyster Stew.....i just purchased the domain "Soup or Sex".

"You're a creator eh....What have you created?"

Brad....i've already shared with you and this blog all the business's I've created and named over the last 50 years, but that must have gone way over your head:xf.rolleyes:

"Can you point to even one website or project that has actually been developed?"

Actually i can Brad, while it's very preliminary try going to "Presto Names" and tell everyone what you find.

Finally, any idea why I might reg a dumbass domain like "Soup or Sex". If you can't answer the question, you probably don't know the difference:ROFL:

•••
But don't worry, he is working in sports and woman issue now. This is the type of person Godaddy very loves...
instead of very that should be really loves:xf.wink: But on another note, you've been able to bring out some of my best work. I guess you saw where i reg'd YouGoSunny and I plan to reg other celebrity names involving women in sports like YouGoSimone and YouGoVenus.
While you probably don't know who Simone or Venus are, suffice to say they're top female athletes in their respective sports and they may just love my idea about promoting women's sports. If not, I can only assume they hate women like you:unsure:

Last edited:
•••
"Serving the Children of the World" is the motto for Kiwanis, and having just returned from my Kiwanis Club breakfast I registered YouGoCxxxxin.org So why would I do that? I NEVER do anything in what you refer to as "bad faith". Seriously, you don't know what you're talking about, and you don't haven't a clue about my faith:xf.rolleyes:

To get an idea where I'm coming from, this was our guest speaker at Kiwanis this morning;
https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a40010982/how-running-changed-me-linda-fox/

and guess what? I just registered the domain YouGoSunny just for her. She doesn't know it yet, but she will shortly.
Nice trolling attempt.

•••
instead of very that should be really loves:xf.wink: But on another note, you've been able to bring out some of my best work. I guess you saw where i reg'd YouGoSunny and I plan to reg other celebrity names involving women in sports like YouGoSimone and YouGoVenus.
While you probably don't know who Simone or Venus are, suffice to say they're top female athletes in their respective sports and they may just love my idea about promoting women's sports. If not, I can only assume they hate women like you:unsure:
You just make too many excuse for your Cybersquatter activities. Why all you registered domains have to carry trademark issue?

Support sports with registering trademark issue domains? Yes, I believe you do like what you
had done in your GourmetOlympics.com domain before... Very clever excuse to cover trademark issue lol

You know you always have trademark issue, and cover your bad Faith activities with your own dellusion support to sports or absorve world hunger those no more than bullshit words...

IMG_20240308_222858.jpg

Save Millions of lives? Bullshit...

Your own statement clearly describes your trademark violation and excuse lol...

Just incase you forgot where I got your own statement from :

https://www.namepros.com/threads/can-an-8-47-domain-absolve-world-hunger-and-malnutrition.1164212/

Last edited:
•••
•••
"No one has anything against women here"

lol, could have fooled me:xf.wink:

"What do you have against buying good domains"

i buy them every day. Just bought a domain for my FreshOvernite seafood delivery business. Because my girl who makes soups to die for like Crab Bisque, She Crab Soup, Shrimp Corn Chowder, and Oyster Stew.....i just purchased the domain "Soup or Sex".

"You're a creator eh....What have you created?"

Brad....i've already shared with you and this blog all the business's I've created and named over the last 50 years, but that must have gone way over your head:xf.rolleyes:

"Can you point to even one website or project that has actually been developed?"

Actually i can Brad, while it's very preliminary try going to "Presto Names" and tell everyone what you find.

Finally, any idea why I might reg a dumbass domain like "Soup or Sex". If you can't answer the question, you probably don't know the difference:ROFL:
For someone who has named and created businesses for the last 50 years you sure know how to present a modern professional look for potential clients......

Screenshot (101).png

https://www.prestonames.com/about

•••
You just make too many excuse for your Cybersquatter activities. Why all you registered domains have to carry trademark issue?

Support sports with registering trademark issue domains? Yes, I believe you do like what you
had done in your GourmetOlympics.com domain before... Very clever excuse to cover trademark issue lol

You know you always have trademark issue, and cover your bad Faith activities with your own dellusion support to sports or absorve world hunger those no more than bullshit words...

Show attachment 253797

Save Millions of lives? Bullshit...

Your own statement clearly describes your trademark violation and excuse lol...

Just incase you forgot where I got your own statement from :

Are we having fun yet:ROFL: You really need to get a life....i suppose you talked to or work in the office with the Olympics TM lawyer out of Washington , DC. Or maybe you spoke with the "Special Olympics" lawyers who can be found here: https://www.specialolympics.org/

Do you know anything about "Special Olympics":xf.rolleyes: i didn't think so.

•••
•••
Are we having fun yet:ROFL: You really need to get a life....i suppose you talked to or work in the office with the Olympics TM lawyer out of Washington , DC. Or maybe you spoke with the "Special Olympics" lawyers who can be found here: https://www.specialolympics.org/

Do you know anything about "Special Olympics":xf.rolleyes: i didn't think so.
Another bullshit talk... Don't you know what you are saying? Just bullshit to excuse your Cybersquatter activities...

IMG_20240308_222858.jpg

Save Millions of lives?
Support sports?
Support women?
Don't you know this and that?
All are bullshit talks

•••
Obviously you don't know or care what "very preliminary" means:unsure: Are most people from Whales as obnoxious as you?
You say Whales, I say Wales - Potato / Patato.......

Doesn't matter how preliminary something is, first impressions and all that - but what do I know, I haven't been in the naming game for 50 years.......

Also, you really need to go and do some reading up on Bad Faith / Cybersquatting

Just type in "wipo celebrity name cases" and go and see how many of them there are.......

•••
You say Whales, I say Wales - Potato / Patato.......

Doesn't matter how preliminary something is, first impressions and all that - but what do I know, I haven't been in the naming game for 50 years.......

Also, you really need to go and do some reading up on Bad Faith / Cybersquatting

Just type in "wipo celebrity name cases" and go and see how many of them there are.......
I've read all about it Nick, and I can assure you i've NEVER done anything in Bad Faith. Now you can ask John Berryhill about another "Richard Morris" from North Carolina who was found guilty of Cybersquatting 15 years ago, but as he learned then, it WAS NOT me. You would think the S.O.B. would apologize, but he's a typical lawyer:xf.rolleyes:

•••
LINKedin just shared, for the first time, their premium subscription revenue - $1.7 BILLION in 2023.

•••
I think OP is over-estimating the value of fan site domains, by a lot.

Last edited:
•••
I scanned the top 200+ first names for the format YouGo(Name).com to see what is taken.

The only (2) that were taken are YouGoArt.com and YouGoJoe.com. No female names were taken.

Caitlin is not even that popular of a name. It is #609 in the US.

Ranking 365 in 1980, the name surged in popularity placing itself at the 44th position in 1988. Then, Caitlin slipped to 1422th rank in 2017, briefly rising to 1364th in 2018. It has again dropped down to 2179th rank in 2021.

That just illustrates how much of a stinker the domain is.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I scanned the top 200+ first names for the format YouGo(Name).com to see what is taken.

The only (2) that were taken are YouGoArt.com and YouGoJoe.com. No female names were taken.

Caitlin is not even that popular of a name. It is #609 in the US.

Ranking 365 in 1980, the name surged in popularity placing itself at the 44th position in 1988. Then, Caitlin slipped to 1422th rank in 2017, briefly rising to 1364th in 2018. It has again dropped down to 2179th rank in 2021.

That just illustrates how much of a stinker the domain is.

Brad
Be prepared. Because he lacks any rational arguments, Rich is now going to ask why you hate women.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back