IT.COM

discuss Celebrity domain - Caitlin Clark

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I just happened to land/register what might be the most valuable domain of my life. I can't say what it is here, but it's very similar to YouGoGirl.com. Caitlin will be interviewed by ABC's Robin Roberts tomorrow morning about her record setting NCAA performance this weekend while playing The Ohio State Buckeyes.

I'm posting about this here seeking advice on how to market it and to who. Here something I pulled from her Wiki page that tells of her marketing and branding potential;

Business interests[edit]​

Clark and Jake from State Farm pointing at khakisClark with "Jake from State Farm" in a promotion for State Farm in 2023
Clark is represented by agents Alan Zucker, Colleen Garrity and Erin Kane of Excel Sports Management.[181] She has been described by analysts as one of the most marketable college basketball players and college athletes.[182][183] On August 18, 2021, she signed her first name, image and likeness (NIL) deal with The Vinyl Studio, a company based in West Des Moines, Iowa.[184] Clark signed with Nike on October 10, 2022; she has often worn shoes from the company's Kobe Bryant signature shoe line.[185][186] On October 10, 2023, she became a spokesperson for State Farm and was the first college athlete to sign with the company.[187] That December, Clark added Gatorade to her list of endorsements, joining Paige Bueckers as the only women's basketball players to sign with the company.[188] As part of the deal, Gatorade donated $22,000, in reference to her number 22 jersey, to the Caitlin Clark Foundation, which aims to benefit youth and their communities through education, nutrition and sport.[189] She is partnered with the Iowa-based supermarket chain Hy-Vee, which launched a cereal called "Caitlin's Crunch Time" at select stores in January 2024, with proceeds going to Clark's foundation.[190] She has also signed NIL deals with Bose, Buick, Goldman Sachs, H&R Block and Topps, among other companies.[191]

I'd luv to discuss this with anyone who has had any experience with this sort of thing. PM if you'd rather not talk about it here. Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I scanned the top 200+ first names for the format YouGo(Name).com to see what is taken.

The only (2) that were taken are YouGoArt.com and YouGoJoe.com. No female names were taken.

Caitlin is not even that popular of a name. It is #609 in the US.

Ranking 365 in 1980, the name surged in popularity placing itself at the 44th position in 1988. Then, Caitlin slipped to 1422th rank in 2017, briefly rising to 1364th in 2018. It has again dropped down to 2179th rank in 2021.

That just illustrates how much of a stinker the domain is.

Brad
So it appears I've registered a type of domain no one has ever thought about.....go figure. This must mean I'm smarter than all of you together.....go figure:ROFL: Don't you just hate me Brad:xf.rolleyes:

•••
•••
So it appears I've registered a type of domain no one has ever thought about.....go figure. This must mean I'm smarter than all of you together.....go figure:ROFL: Don't you just hate me Brad:xf.rolleyes:
Cypersqatting has actually been around for a few decades now so… no I’m not hating on you.

•••
•••
If that's your takeaway, it's no wonder that you go on so many registration binges and sell so few domains.

The concept of supply and demand has gone way over your head. :xf.wink:

Brad

•••
I scanned the top 200+ first names for the format YouGo(Name).com to see what is taken.

The only (2) that were taken are YouGoArt.com and YouGoJoe.com. No female names were taken.

Caitlin is not even that popular of a name. It is #609 in the US.

Ranking 365 in 1980, the name surged in popularity placing itself at the 44th position in 1988. Then, Caitlin slipped to 1422th rank in 2017, briefly rising to 1364th in 2018. It has again dropped down to 2179th rank in 2021.

That just illustrates how much of a stinker the domain is.

Brad
I should try to buy my name, yougojoe lol

•••
"Serving the children of the World", but it sound as though you wouldn't know about that. Do you ever give back or do you just take:unsure:
Really?! That’s why we hate you and women? You are quite the troll.

•••
"Serving the children of the World", but it sound as though you wouldn't know about that. Do you ever give back or do you just take:unsure:
Why do you hate adults? :ROFL:

Brad

•••
•••
Explain why this is better as a three word domain, which invokes the memory of one of the worst car brands in American history, instead of the available GoCaitlin two word domain?

Guy is a goof and trolling us.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Why do you hate adults? :ROFL:

Brad
I'm headed out the door for Happy Hour Brad with a few adult friends...i don't believe you'd be welcome:xf.wink:

•••
Explain why this is better as a three word domain, which invokes the memory of one of the worst car brands in American history, instead of the available GoCaitlin two word domain?

Guy is a goof and trolling us.

Lol, can't make this stuff up.

•••
I get people who troll, and traffic in attention.

What I don't get is why the need to register bad domains. Going on registration binges and dropping domains is only trolling your own wallet.

It's funny that the lack of sales is somehow evidence of his own brilliance. :ROFL:

It reminds me of conspiracy theorists who use a lack of evidence to support their conspiracy.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps it's about time we gave our resident troll a nice long break. Lets see how he gets along just talking to himself. Besides, his insults and side-tracking are becoming a bit boring. Most realise that it is the fellow members smart responses that provide the entertainment value to his threads and has very little to do with his chosen subjects/domains.

I know it will be hard to resist the banter but at least that inflated ego of his will come to realise nobody really has the slightest interest in his ridiculous assumptions and domain registrations. Personally I doubt he'll be able to resist becoming more outrageous in order to bait that hook.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps it's about time we gave our resident troll a nice long break. Lets see how he gets along just talking to himself.

Parks And Rec Spinning GIF

•••
Whenever the term "troll" comes up, this always comes to mind:

trolldiers.png

I think the term carries a different connotation these days (thanks to certain video games), but it always makes me chuckle a little when I think about it.

•••
I get people who troll, and traffic in attention.

What I don't get is why the need to register bad domains. Going on registration binges and dropping domains is only trolling your own wallet.

It's funny that the lack of sales is somehow evidence of his own brilliance. :ROFL:

It reminds me of conspiracy theorists who use a lack of evidence to support their conspiracy.

Brad
Doesn't this just piss you off:xf.rolleyes:

gocaitlin.com​

gd-val-img
Estimated Value: $1,271

Interested in buying this Domain? It's available!​

Add To Cart
$21.99*$0.01*$21.99*/yr when you renew

•••
No you cain't;

GoCaitlin.com​

Advanced Domain Appraisal​

Tier 2

Super Premium​

$24,500

NameWorth Est. Retail Price​

(See Other Pricing Levels Below)​

•••
None of us registered it in front of you, that's how much we hate women.

•••
Perhaps it's about time we gave our resident troll a nice long break. Lets see how he gets along just talking to himself. Besides, his insults and side-tracking are becoming a bit boring. Most realise that it is the fellow members smart responses that provide the entertainment value to his threads and has very little to do with his chosen subjects/domains.

I know it will be hard to resist the banter but at least that inflated ego of his will come to realise nobody really has the slightest interest in his ridiculous assumptions and domain registrations. Personally I doubt he'll be able to resist becoming more outrageous in order to bait that hook.
Bailey....appreciate all your help. I went to register GoBailey for you, but damn someone owned it. Is that you? Good thing though, if I had registered it I'm sure someone would have accused me of "bad faith" cybersquatting just as if I'd registered GoCaitlin;

GoCaitlin.com​

Advanced Domain Appraisal​

Tier 2

Super Premium​

$24,500

NameWorth Est. Retail Price​

(See Other Pricing Levels Below)​

•••
•••
•••
Sorry...not worth the 5 minutes of time it will take me to get $10.43 back. Besides, it gives me another quiver in my arrow against GD for selling me a tainted domain:xf.wink:
If you’d rather pay 100,000 dollars to the person you’re cybersquatting, be my guest

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back