Dynadot

Chineses IDN

NameSilo
Watch
I have tried to register a few chinese IDN names, do you think that they are worth it? Also how come i cannot register any .com ones through domainsite? Is it just domainsite or is this for everywhere?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wouldn't recommend dealing with chinese idn, you know they have a not so good reputation so domain with chinese extension might not be very good.

•••
Hmm..

Not sure how the technology works (there are so many conflicts with chinese systems it is enough to drive one nuts) but there are a billion people in china and it might be a good idea to do so.

Just a side note, I am a chinese and can help you translate certain words to chinese, PM ;)

•••
freak said:
Hmm..

Not sure how the technology works (there are so many conflicts with chinese systems it is enough to drive one nuts) but there are a billion people in china and it might be a good idea to do so.

Just a side note, I am a chinese and can help you translate certain words to chinese, PM ;)
guess what? I am as well. LOL.

ichibaka said:
wouldn't recommend dealing with chinese idn, you know they have a not so good reputation so domain with chinese extension might not be very good.
why do they have a no so good rep?

•••
because Chinese are still not much into the domain market
Heard recently that China shutdown more than 5000 cybercafes

•••
superprogrammer said:
because Chinese are still not much into the domain market
Heard recently that China shutdown more than 5000 cybercafes
but there are so many people in China that there are bound to be a market soon.

•••
Heres something I found out a while ago.

There are/were more .tk domains registered IN CHINA then there are/were any domain with a .cn ANYWHERE. That shows how low the value for a .cn domain is. But CNN might like it a little ;)

•••
Qwert said:
Heres something I found out a while ago.

There are/were more .tk domains registered IN CHINA then there are/were any domain with a .cn ANYWHERE. That shows how low the value for a .cn domain is. But CNN might like it a little ;)
i don't mean .cn, i mean IDN .coms and .nets

•••
It will be so cool to register a chinese idn domain. Where can I register one? for how much? Thanks :)

•••
Chinese IDNs pose the same problems to users as any language IDNs do... they often require extra equipment or software for English-speaking users to access and their usefulness is limited to one particular language.

•••
you can reg at places where IDN is enabled.

Anthony said:
Chinese IDNs pose the same problems to users as any language IDNs do... they often require extra equipment or software for English-speaking users to access and their usefulness is limited to one particular language.
true, but you never know what IE will do

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back