Dynadot

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Go to Domain importer>add&edit domainns and type your domain name with a capital letter and press import.
Really works. Thank you very much.

•••
Is there any way to get the "Sellers Notes" to appear on the landing page if we choose the "Minimalistic" theme?

Last edited:
•••
One more question about the Sellers Notes. Can we dynamically insert the domain name into those notes? For example, can we say "Buy {domain} today!" and have it automatically add the domain name?

•••
One more question about the Sellers Notes. Can we dynamically insert the domain name into those notes? For example, can we say "Buy {domain} today!" and have it automatically add the domain name?
Hi Dane,

Thank you for checking in with us.

We do not offer the option to show the description of the minimalistic landers. It also is not possible yet to add hyperlinks in the description section. However, we have relayed this request to our product team already! I will let you know in case anything changes on that front.

Have a great week ahead.

•••
It also is not possible yet to add hyperlinks in the description section.
@LaszloSchenk No, I don't mean hyperlinks. I'm asking if the Dan system is capable of dynamically / automatically having the domain name inserted into the Sellers Notes by using a placeholder. For example, if it says "Buy {domain} today!" it would automatically insert the domain name into that sentence to say "Buy DomainName.com today!"

•••
I see some names in a domains deleted section. I did delete them. How long do domains stay there?
Is there any way to go to dan.com and search by extension only? I have tried everything, and no way i can find to search just .xyz on your platform

Last edited:
•••
@LaszloSchenk No, I don't mean hyperlinks. I'm asking if the Dan system is capable of dynamically / automatically having the domain name inserted into the Sellers Notes by using a placeholder. For example, if it says "Buy {domain} today!" it would automatically insert the domain name into that sentence to say "Buy DomainName.com today!"
Good morning @Dane,

Thank you for the response.

We do not offer this at the moment.

Best regards,

•••
I see some names in a domains deleted section. I did delete them. How long do domains stay there?
Is there any way to go to dan.com and search by extension only? I have tried everything, and no way i can find to search just .xyz on your platform
Good morning,

The domains remain in the deleted section indefinitely. In addition, you can search by extension only by inserting a space in our search before hitting enter. Once that is done you get a full list of domains and can apply any filter we offer.

Have a great day.

•••
As a global recession seems to have kicked in, liquidity in the domain secondary market can be kept stable by utilizing our unique Lease to Own model to make sure buyers can still afford your domains:

Sellers that have enabled LTO over a year ago, are now enjoying recurring monthly income that they wouldn't have had if they didn't build up those transactions and recurring income.

We strongly advice Dan sellers that still do not accept LTO or limit it to only 12 months to enable it and set the max terms at 60 months to keep your portfolio liquidty on par and to start building up recurring revenue.
In the past, I had only enabled LTO for my highest pricing tiers. Following DAN's suggestion, I've now done the same for lower tiers, down to a BIN of EUR 2,488 (which is approximately USD 2,675). However, not with very long maturities, but in a way that the monthly installments for most tiers are just under EUR/USD 1,000 minimum. By not making the total LTO period too long (and consequently not making the monthly installment amounts too low), this gives me confidence that any possible defaults by the buyer will be prevented (well not completely, but I think I will attract more serious buyers, not the non-payers). Also, this way, I am not legally bound for too long a period to a construction where the domain name is already being used and I can still be held liable for the content during the LTO period.

I have not enabled LTO for amounts with a BIN of less than EUR 2,488.

Highest tiers are priced in USD, lower tiers in EUR.

USD 74,88828 monthsUSD 2,675/month + interest
USD 44,88810 monthsUSD 4,489/month
USD 24,88810 monthsUSD 2,489/month
USD 14,88810 monthsUSD 1,489/month
EUR 8,48810 monthsEUR 849/month
EUR 4,8885 monthsEUR 978/month
EUR 3,8884 monthsEUR 972/month
EUR 3,2884 monthsEUR 822/month
EUR 2,9883 monthsEUR 996/month
EUR 2,4883 monthsEUR 829/month

Last edited:
•••
In the past, I had only enabled LTO for my highest pricing tiers. Following DAN's suggestion, I've now done the same for lower tiers, down to a BIN of EUR 2,488 (which is approximately USD 2,675). However, not with very long maturities, but in a way that the monthly amounts for most tiers are just under EUR/USD 1,000 minimum. By not making the total LTO period too long (and consequently not making the monthly amount too low), this gives me confidence that any possible defaults by the buyer will be prevented (well not completely, but I think I will attract more serious buyers). Also, this way, I am not legally bound for too long a period to a construction where the domain name is already being used and I can still be held liable for the content.

I have not enabled LTO for amounts with a BIN of less than EUR 2,488.

Highest tiers are priced in USD, lower tiers in EUR.

USD 74,88828 monthsUSD 2,675/month + interest
USD 44,88810 monthsUSD 4,489/month
USD 24,88810 monthsUSD 2,489/month
USD 14,88810 monthsUSD 1,489/month
EUR 8,48810 monthsEUR 849/month
EUR 4,8885 monthsEUR 978/month
EUR 3,8884 monthsEUR 972/month
EUR 3,2884 monthsEUR 822/month
EUR 2,9883 monthsEUR 996/month
EUR 2,4883 monthsEUR 829/month
Is there any way to set a different "first payment" amount? Like, $1,000 for the first payment, rather than simply dividing the entire amount evenly by X months?

•••
Is there any way to set a different "first payment" amount? Like, $1,000 for the first payment, rather than simply dividing the entire amount evenly by X months?
That would certainly be nice, but it's not possible at the moment with DAN.

•••
My first 3 sales in Domain Flipping came from Dan's Marketplace!! Fantastic Company, Super Support Team.. Working to hit more sales so Dan can send me some placad hahaha Cheers to that future!

•••
Instead of DOMAIN SELLER on the landing page, its been showing as Domain-Verkäufer. Did any one face the same issue? Thanks

•••
Instead of DOMAIN SELLER on the landing page, its been showing as Domain-Verkäufer. Did any one face the same issue? Thanks

Were you looking at the German version or did you have your language settings set to German? I think that's just domain seller in that language.

I checked a couple of my listings and it says domain seller for me.

•••
Just checked mine and it's as it should be 🙂

•••
•••
I've been fine tuning LTO settings since my posting yesterday for all pricing tiers.

Now also offering (really) short LTO periods for lower tiers EUR 1,888 (2x EUR 944) and EUR 1,588 (2x EUR 794), as I think the monthly LTO installment amounts are still 'substantial', and will attract serious LTO buyers who will continue to pay the second installment as well. I'd like to hear from others at what low LTO installment amounts the number of non-payers increases significantly, from their experience.

Last edited:
•••
Thats username that had 200k listings
The droplister

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Am wondering why is the 1% Paypal fee while buying a domain is added as it has not been the case in the past?

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Am wondering why is the 1% Paypal fee while buying a domain is added as it has not been the case in the past?
You want DAN to absorb PayPal’s ever increasing fees? No fees if paid with the other payment methods offered.

•••
Good morning @hui2000,

We have offered many payment sources without any fees in the past but ultimately had to change that. It is quite common for any online platform to add a minor fee to certain payment sources as some are more expensive than others. However, as we offer quite a plethora of payment options buyers have the freedom to choose whatever is preferred. Paypal is offered indeed at a 1% additional fee but they can also choose a wire transfer where a 1% discount is granted.

Have a great day!

•••
I've been fine tuning LTO settings since my posting yesterday for all pricing tiers.

Now also offering (really) short LTO periods for lower tiers EUR 1,888 (2x EUR 944) and EUR 1,588 (2x EUR 794), as I think the monthly LTO installment amounts are still 'substantial', and will attract serious LTO buyers who will continue to pay the second installment as well. I'd like to hear from others at what low LTO installment amounts the number of non-payers increases significantly, from their experience.
when monthly payment is around 100-150 i have many customers paying one or to month only.
When the monthly payment is more than that i have near to no problem.

I would be nice to have a feature to disallow low monthly payment for all domains in portfolio or to be able to choose the number of max month of payment within the CSV import feature, otherwise it's impossible to manage a large portfolio...

•••
You want DAN to absorb PayPal’s ever increasing fees? No fees if paid with the other payment methods offered.
I guess you didn't understand my question well? Are you sure there is one listed while buying a name without fee? Try being a buyer on Dan.com then you will understand what am saying.

•••
Anyone else experiencing massive slowdowns when trying to access the DAN Dashboard?

For the last week or so, when I click the Dashboard I get the hourglass/spinning circle for 20-30 seconds until it loads, while the rest of the site and landers seem speedy enough. For example, loading the My Domains portfolio section takes a few seconds, and the slow loading only seems to affect the Dashboard area.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone else experiencing massive slowdowns when trying to access the DAN Dashboard?

For the last week or so, when I click the Dashboard I get the hourglass/spinning circle for 20-30 seconds until it loads, while the rest of the site and landers seem speedy enough. For example, loading the My Domains portfolio section takes a few seconds, and the slow loading only seems to affect the Dashboard area.
I'm also periodically experiencing these long delays when visiting https://dan.com/users/dashboard. My guess is that it has something to do with generating the main dashboard statistics, especially the traffic graph.

When the page finally loads successfully after a long time --immidiately after-- I can reload the page without any delay, probably because of cached data. But when I look again 30 mins later, the main dashboard loads extremely slow again.

I'd like to stress that at the same time, there are no delays on other DAN pages (domain portfolio overview, or landers).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back