IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've not used the "Make Offer" option anywhere for years, but I'm thinking of testing it on DAN due to the slowing in sales lately. Can you give us the option to set the Minimum Offer as a percentage of the Fixed Price?
Apparently, not yet. Also, I learned today that the minimum pricing of $99 still will stay in place for now.
Hopefully this will be improved soon, to allow for lower base prices in some cases.
Dan has the lowest commission, compared to Afternic and Sedo. Wouldn't it make sense to also allow pricing as low as those two platforms? Whether as a percentage of fixed price or a straight minimum offer, I wonder if this flexibility would significantly increase sales on Dan?

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Do you see decline in domain name sales this month and last month? Or has it stayed the same or increased? It would be nice if you shared this kind of information from time to time to better understand the domain market. For example also if the prices of the domain names sold went up or down. So just general info.

Last edited:
•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk

A lot of people will not buy anything if a rating is not 5 stars. Trust pilot is 4.7 and it might hurt more sales than it brings. As is average person domain buyer is skeptical, a 4.7 is not helpful.

Already I see that in some cases trust pilot does not show up

example

https://dan.com/buy-domain/danpu.com

however same domain

https://dan.com/buy-domain/danpu.com?redirected=true

has the trust pilot

I prefer to have the option to remove it from my listings or if dan can test removing it for a week or so from the platform and test changes.

Thanks

•••
What about fake traffic and clicks that appeared on Google analytics !!!

The link that clicked on landing page is :

javascript: void(0)

I have problems for real data analysis !!!!!

•••
•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk I see 1 less domain name in my portfolio. I go to tab "Sold" and I see that the domain name is sold. But I have not received any mail from this nor do I see anything in my transactions or dashboard. This happens because when a domain name is sold via buy now and will be paid with bank wire the seller gets no notification of the sale until the payment is received via bank wire. But the domain name is marked as sold. This is second time it has happened to me. Suggest that I also sell the domain name elsewhere because I don't know it was sold. I would also like to receive a notification when the domain name has been sold via buy now and would be paid via bank wire. Thanks.

•••
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk I see 1 less domain name in my portfolio. I go to tab "Sold" and I see that the domain name is sold. But I have not received any mail from this nor do I see anything in my transactions or dashboard. This happens because when a domain name is sold via buy now and will be paid with bank wire the seller gets no notification of the sale until the payment is received via bank wire. But the domain name is marked as sold. This is second time it has happened to me. Suggest that I also sell the domain name elsewhere because I don't know it was sold. I would also like to receive a notification when the domain name has been sold via buy now and would be paid via bank wire. Thanks.
They don’t send you notifications until payment is received or proof of bank wire sent provided. Same as GoDaddy and others.

•••
They don’t send you notifications until payment is received or proof of bank wire sent provided. Same as GoDaddy and others.
Thanks. I have never used godaddy for selling domain names. I only use Dan.com and Sedo (only make offer on sedo). As a parking page I use Dan.com. The others can do it like this but for me Dan.com is not a domain marketplace like others. It is a marketplace that is always improving and not like for example sedo that is not progressing. I already contacted Dan.com via chat and they indicated that going to send notifications in the future. Thanks.

•••
I already contacted Dan.com via chat and they indicated that going to send notifications in the future.
Will the notifications be by email? Now that they have the two-factor authethentication via text, wouldn't it be great if they sent a text message as well, if the seller wants it?

Last edited:
•••
Will the notifications be by email? Now that they have the two-factor authethentication via text, wouldn't it be great if they sent a text message as well, if the seller wants it?
Yes i hope by email.

•••
Good morning @td11,

Could you let me know which domain name was involved? This does not happen automatically. An account manager marks a domain name as sold in case we have received tangible proof that the payment was made. The account manager is tasked to notify the seller of marking the domain as sold as well to prevent confusion.

As such I would like to investigate the matter.

•••
As a global recession seems to have kicked in, liquidity in the domain secondary market can be kept stable by utilizing our unique Lease to Own model to make sure buyers can still afford your domains:

Sellers that have enabled LTO over a year ago, are now enjoying recurring monthly income that they wouldn't have had if they didn't build up those transactions and recurring income.

We strongly advice Dan sellers that still do not accept LTO or limit it to only 12 months to enable it and set the max terms at 60 months to keep your portfolio liquidty on par and to start building up recurring revenue.

•••
As a global recession seems to have kicked in, liquidity in the domain secondary market can be kept stable by utilizing our unique Lease to Own model to make sure buyers can still afford your domains:

Sellers that have enabled LTO over a year ago, are now enjoying recurring monthly income that they wouldn't have had if they didn't build up those transactions and recurring income.

We strongly advice Dan sellers that still do not accept LTO or limit it to only 12 months to enable it and set the max terms at 60 months to keep your portfolio liquidty on par and to start building up recurring revenue.
Many buyers stopped paying after 1 month.
It would be nice to be able to enable or disable or to select the max number of months the LTO per domain basis using the CSV.

Most of stopped payment is when the buyer only pay 100 for the first month

•••
@DAN.COM or @LaszloSchenk Would it be possible to make it so we can manually override any of the default settings (if we choose to) when modifying a particular domain name? For example, the "minimum offer" default amount? The defaults would still hold true for the majority of the names within the account, but sometimes I want to override a particular default on one specific name.

Also, on the "My domains" page: would it be possible to add a column that shows (and allows us to change) the amount of months allowed on Lease to Own? Currently we can't see that number (or change it) unless we click on "IN" then look at the pop-up.

•••
@DAN.COM or @LaszloSchenk Would it be possible to make it so we can manually override any of the default settings (if we choose to) when modifying a particular domain name? For example, the "minimum offer" default amount? The defaults would still hold true for the majority of the names within the account, but sometimes I want to override a particular default on one specific name.

Also, on the "My domains" page: would it be possible to add a column that shows (and allows us to change) the amount of months allowed on Lease to Own? Currently we can't see that number (or change it) unless we click on "IN" then look at the pop-up.
Good morning @Dane,

We already offer this option in the My Domains section. When selecting multiple or one domain name through the means of a checker-box, a bar will pop up at the bottom of your window. When you click "Prices" you will be able to manually configure it for the selected names. This goes for both the prices and the number of installments.

Have a great day.

•••
Good morning @Dane,

We already offer this option in the My Domains section. When selecting multiple or one domain name through the means of a checker-box, a bar will pop up at the bottom of your window. When you click "Prices" you will be able to manually configure it for the selected names. This goes for both the prices and the number of installments.

Have a great day.
@LaszloSchenk Thanks, but it would be nice if we could see "at a glance" the number of months each domain name is set for Lease to Own. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a column for "Lease to Own months."

•••
Who here has Dan “open domain distribution network” enabled under settings ?

Do you notice an increase in sales ? The added commission worth it?

•••
Who here has Dan “open domain distribution network” enabled under settings ?

Do you notice an increase in sales ? The added commission worth it?
I have it enabled but not noticed any difference tbf

•••
I watched their promo video but it doesn't explain how this "network" works. What/who exactly are those inventory providers/sellers?

•••
Many buyers stopped paying after 1 month.
It would be nice to be able to enable or disable or to select the max number of months the LTO per domain basis using the CSV.

Most of stopped payment is when the buyer only pay 100 for the first month
I agree. Too many payment plans with generous terms (or not) go uncompleted.

•••
I agree. Too many payment plans with generous terms (or not) go uncompleted.
How long generally does it end up taking to cancel the contract and put the domain up for sale again?
And do you know if Dan restricts those lease-to-own buyers from entering into other sales? Or at least flags or provides some restrictions on those buyers who don't complete those installment sales?

•••
How long generally does it end up taking to cancel the contract and put the domain up for sale again?
And do you know if Dan restricts those lease-to-own buyers from entering into other sales? Or at least flags or provides some restrictions on those buyers who don't complete those installment sales?
DAN makes every effort to get a payment including phoning and texting them. They try for a few weeks after due date.

If they don’t respond to any method of contact it gets closed and the domain is returned to you. They will be blocked from your listings if you request it. Not sure if its automatic.

•••
DAN makes every effort to get a payment including phoning and texting them. They try for a few weeks after due date.

If they don’t respond to any method of contact it gets closed and the domain is returned to you. They will be blocked from your listings if you request it. Not sure if its automatic.
I had one deal with a 6 month pay plan. Other than the first payment, dan needed to contact the buyer by phone every time. I will add that dan kept me in the loop and updated me what the buyer is saying about payment, at the end the buyer completed but at least for dan, lots of work went into it.

•••
Hello, I have been using Dan.com for a long time.

I have a question. How can I make the initial of my domain name appear in uppercase? I think it will be more prominent if happens.I mean not only on your store page, but also on the parking page, like the same effect as swetha.xyz has . We have many similar domain names, but mine are all lowercase at the began, and hers are different. I can't find the console settings. Please help me.
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Ty.

•••
Hello, I have been using Dan.com for a long time.

I have a question. How can I make the initial of my domain name appear in uppercase? I think it will be more prominent if happens.I mean not only on your store page, but also on the parking page, like the same effect as swetha.xyz has . We have many similar domain names, but mine are all lowercase at the began, and hers are different. I can't find the console settings. Please help me.
@DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk Ty.
Go to Domain importer>add&edit domainns and type your domain name with a capital letter and press import.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back