IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For that low inventory, you can't be sitting and hoping for sales to come, you need to find leads and OUTBOUND. If you cant find any, best is to drop the domain.

DAN landers works fine for me and i personally prefer DAN over Afternic or the rest due to automated workflow and most importantly fast payout!
How do you handle outbound? What do you do?

•••
Hi

I had a couple questions about Dan.

1. Is it advantageous to have domains listed at both Dan and Efty?
The way distribution networks work is that you first build inventory and then distribution. Both combined create a network. However, you cannot distribute or excite partners if you do not have a competitive inventory offering.

We launched ODN as an opt-in which means sellers have to actively add their domains to the pool. If we look at how many domains are now in the network, it's still too little for us to be able to compete with the other two networks for integrators because our inventory isn't there yet.

Next week, we're implementing an in-between solution for the inventory problem by adding all Dan-listed domains to the ODN without charging sellers more commission but by giving integrators the option to integrate non-opted in inventory which increases the pool to 15M domains but makes the integrators too little commission. Dan in this scenario also would get a commission at a loss basis due to us not being able to charge the 20% for opted-in inventory.

So as a Dan seller, you have to realize that you are part of making the network a success by adding your inventory to the network so our team can proceed to the next step and onboard more network participants. If Dan sellers do not participate in the network with their inventory, we cannot grow the network.

We need to double our actively ODN listed inventory and once that's done the network has all capabilities required to thrive and take over Afternic DLS & Sedo's MLS since we've built the most modern and future proof network with much better capabilities and a stronger business model for integrators as Dan only takes a 5% commission for handling ODN transactions and the rest of the commission is given to the network inventory provider & network inventory seller.

Lastly, the ODN only increases liquidity for network-listed domains, it cannot hurt your sales since it only increases exposure for your domains.
There is still not enough information for sellers to participate in the extended network. We can't see examples of how it shows up, and why we should give away an extra 11%, making the total commission 20%.

•••
For that low inventory, you can't be sitting and hoping for sales to come, you need to find leads and OUTBOUND. If you cant find any, best is to drop the domain.

DAN landers works fine for me and i personally prefer DAN over Afternic or the rest due to automated workflow and most importantly fast payout!

what...no way lol
if u think most domainers do outbound then u daydream. maybe 5eprcent do outbound. therefore domaining is not about outbound..

•••
Can "Sales Activity" be added a list to show the domains that someone clicked "buy now" but didn't pay or someone try to buy,like afternic have a "PENDING SALE"

Last edited:
•••
Can "Sales Activity" be added a list to show the domains that someone clicked "buy now" but didn't pay or someone try to buy,like afternic have a "PENDING SALE"
Can you add a Favorite button too? So the users can save their favorite domains?

•••
Can you add a Favorite button too? So the users can save their favorite domains?
Good idea, add a favorite button, if the price changes, it will remind buyers by email, and as a seller, I can also know which domain names have leads interest in

•••
Good idea, add a favorite button, if the price changes, it will remind buyers by email, and as a seller, I can also know which domain names have leads interest in
The more the end users can interact with the website, the more they get hooked

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Good morning @TopBrandsForSale & @Bailian,

Thank you for your requests. I will make sure to relay them internally!
Good morning Laszlo, and thank you!

Actually, I'm a landing page and CRO expert.
I build high-converting landing pages and run ads for my clients on daily basis since 2013.

I choose to host my landers at DAN because it's undoubtedly far better than my previous ones hosted on SEDO. But I still see some room for improvement both in collecting useful data from the users and to add some more conversion boosters on your landing pages.

Here is what I would do to boost your conversion rates:

1)
Report domain valuations of our choice from GoDaddy, Estibot, or NameWorth to boost the price reference

2) Testimonial reviews carousel to boost the buyer's trust in the transaction (for this you can use a service like TrustSocially.com)

3) Give us the possibility to change the landing pages with a builder or gives us more landing page options to choose from. For example, I would:
- Make the header image a bit bigger (you can also make an integration to automatically choose and import our cover images for free)
- Change headlines and subheaders
- Change the icons below the header section and the buttons' color

Just change the text above the stats from "Traffic for this domain" to a statement like "This domain is highly requested" or "People love this domain" could make the difference in your conversion rates!

4) Add more conversion boosters and growth hacks (like limited time offers, popups, etc) You don't have to build this internally, just give us the possibility to add external scripts for example.

5) More data about the user's interaction on our pages with the buttons

6) Give us the superpowers to A/B test each landing page variation (if you can manage to increase just a 0.2% on your overall conversion rates, multiplied by the volume of your transactions, it can increase your profits by a lot. And honestly, I think you can aim at much more)

7) Add a direct phone number or a customer representative picture linked with your web chat with the text: "Need more information? Talk now with a domain expert" can also boost the Conversion Rates.

8) You can also add some more stuff, if you want I can help.

All the best!

P.

Last edited:
•••

I build high-converting landing pages and run ads for my clients on daily basis since 2013.

I choose to host my landers at DAN because it's undoubtedly far better than my previous ones hosted on SEDO. But I still see some room for improvement both in collecting useful data from the users and to add some more conversion boosters on your landing pages.

1)
Report domain valuations of our choice from GoDaddy, Estibot, or NameWorth to boost the price reference

2) Testimonial reviews carousel to boost the buyer's trust in the transaction (for this you can use a service like TrustSocially.com)

3) Give us the possibility to change the landing pages with a builder or gives us more landing page options to choose from. For example, I would:
- Make the header image a bit bigger (you can also make an integration to automatically choose and import our cover images for free)

Just change the text above the stats from "Traffic for this domain" to a statement like "This domain is highly requested" or "People love this domain" could make the difference in your conversion rates!

4) Add more conversion boosters and growth hacks (like limited time offers, popups, etc) You don't have to build this internally, just give us the possibility to add external scripts for example.

6) Give us the superpowers to A/B test each landing page variation (if you can manage to increase just a 0.2% on your overall conversion rates, multiplied by the volume of your transactions, it can increase your profits by a lot. And honestly, I think you can aim at much more)

7) Add a direct phone number or a customer representative picture linked with your web chat with the text: "Need more information? Talk now with a domain expert" can also boost the Conversion Rates.

All the best!

P.
Excellent suggestions. I sincerely hope Dan will take them all into account.

•••
•••
I noticed that when I add new domain I have to add from the start the seller's notes. Is any way to make my notes standard?

•••
I noticed that when I add new domain I have to add from the start the seller's notes. Is any way to make my notes standard?
A very flexible way to add -and change- the "Seller's notes" for your domains in bulk is with a CSV upload that has slightly different fields*

The normal CSV upload has the following 3 columns:

domain name​
buy now​
starting offer​

The CSV for adding/changing descriptions has these 4 columns:

Domain​
buy now price​
starting offer​
description​

The fourth column "description" includes your Seller's notes.

If you're using a spreadsheet for creating your CSV, you can do a lot of tricks. You may use variables, and create SEO friendly terms in the description.

For example, you may use regular expressions to first remove the TLD, and then split CamelCasedDomains.com (with TLD extension) into Camel Cased Domains (without TLD extension) and use these in your texts.

In Libreoffice Calc, a (non-optimized) regex to achieve this, would be:

Code:
=REGEX(REGEX(REGEX(A2;"^(.+?)\.";);"\.";" ");"([A-Z])([A-Z])([a-z])|([a-z])([A-Z])";"$1$4 $2$3$5";"g")

*PS/Edit: it seems that DAN has recently merged the above mentioned two separate CSVs into one CSV, with the following fields:

Domain name​
buy now​
starting offer​
description​

You may use only this single CSV for all bulk edits (or still use both as mentioned above). The description field (and starting offer, too) is optional.

Last edited:
•••

1)

All the best!

P.
Good morning P.,

I hope you have had a nice weekend.

And yet again I would like to thank you for the valuable input. I will make sure to relay these recommendations internally as well!

•••
Good morning P.,

I hope you have had a nice weekend.

And yet again I would like to thank you for the valuable input. I will make sure to relay these recommendations internally as well!
Thanks Laszlo!

If you need some more detailed advice just hit me up :)

•••
Why did you guys remove recent views from the view menu?

•••

Yes @DAN.COM @LaszloSchenk what gives?? I thought we just went through this?

This is is my favorite function I look forward to checking each morning, as for many others too.

Is it coming back??

•••
+1. It is a very useful feature. It is especially useful when you are outbounding, to see if a prospect visited the domain or not after seeing your email.

•••
+1. It is a very useful feature. It is especially useful when you are outbounding, to see if a prospect visited the domain or not after seeing your email.
It has been restored. It's a very useful feature.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi @DAN.COM
Why are so many of “MY” domains already listed on your platform by unauthorised seller? I’d just started moving some of my dot coms back on Dan and I’m having problems each time I tried to bulk upload. I’ve already contacted suppport but it’s so frustrating to know that 70%-90% of my domains are already listed when I tried to bulk upload!

Attachments

• DB4A3B5B-AD69-40E0-87C4-9AB45B679385.jpeg
    DB4A3B5B-AD69-40E0-87C4-9AB45B679385.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
•••
Who is this seller? This one hv listed most of my domains on Dan?

Attachments

• 3C2B0487-C525-4352-B76A-5AF122207FEA.png
    3C2B0487-C525-4352-B76A-5AF122207FEA.png
    997.5 KB · Views: 85
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back