Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

aww

Established Member
Impact
GoDaddy $3.24 .com/.net/.org domain registration

On GoDaddy checkout use "expert mode"
(cart will initially show $9.20 per domain)
1. Enter code USA6 to get $1 off of your cart.
2. Enter code USA1 which will add one year of free email and drops your fee to $4.24
3. Checkout for $3.24

(Codes also work with .US for $2.99)

These codes might work on WildWest accounts as well.

Note that the email service that you added with your purchase is free for the first year, but they will charge you $10 each additional year automatically. If you do not want to use their email service, make sure you edit your account in the Renewals section and choose to cancel the email renewals any traffic fees associated with it.

This deal works with new registrations only. The $1 off code USA6 works with renewals too, so you can renew an existing domain name that you have with GoDaddy and save $1 per order.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Where to cancel the email renewal thing that comes with this deal. I don't want to pay for that next yr :-P.

•••
Sorry

Sorry, ignore

Last edited:
•••
gex6 said:
Where to cancel the email renewal thing that comes with this deal. I don't want to pay for that next yr :-P.

...after you enter the domain name to transfer, you will be faced with the page main heading 'rapid transfer system'. there are 3 columns on the page.
At the foot of the second column 'Designate Registration Type' is the automatically renew these domains option which you should untick.

•••
Wait, but what if I don't want to transfer? Just cancel/stop renewing the email thing?

•••
gex6 said:
Wait, but what if I don't want to transfer? Just cancel/stop renewing the email thing?

...not exactly sure where you are with this thing, but the transfer will not be initiated until you pay for it on GD. Also, even after you have paid, you will receive an email from GD asking you to confirm or cancel the transfer by completing a form with authorisation codes.

•••
Finally got around to regging davidgridley.com .. the price was right! ;) (already own gridley.name and gridley.us)

•••
Hmmm... Let me try to explain a bit better :).
What i mean is:
QTD from original thread starter--------

Note that the email service that you added with your purchase is free for the first year, but they will charge you $10 each additional year automatically. If you do not want to use their email service, make sure you edit your account in the Renewals section and choose to cancel the email renewals any traffic fees associated with it.

This deal works with new registrations only. The $1 off code USA6 works with renewals too, so you can renew an existing domain name that you have with GoDaddy and save $1 per order.

I can't find the renewals section. Thanks :).

•••
Nice! Thankyuu! o_o ^_^

I just wanted to point out, they're problably making money off the deal. How many people on this thread bought domains they wouldn't have otherwise bought if it was at 9.20? Then only pay ICANN 25 cents per domain, (and 100,000 per year?) so anything above is already profit. In other words, people who know about the deal buy more domains than they normally would, and people who don't ... keep buying like normal. And they can advertise 3.99 domains. So everybody wins ^_^

(Just how I see it :P)

•••
Technically they are taking a loss on the domain sale, since in addition to the $.25 ICANN fee they also have to pay $6 to the registry (Verisign) as well. But considering GoDaddy is bidding $6.99 for a single click from an Overture search, taking a $3 loss on a domain name sale to gain a new customer and possible backend sales doesn't sound like a bad deal for them. Not to mention the millions they spent on SuperBowl commercials, etc.

Bottom line, it sometimes costs money to gain customers.

•••
Not to mention, their prices and service are normally competitive anyway.. most will elect to leave their domains where they are at renewal time, I'd wager... (hm, except the $5.50 transfer to registerfly is an awesome incentive to me. :) )

-RJ- said:
Bottom line, it sometimes costs money to gain customers.

•••
how to disable the GD email renewal

gex6 said:
Hmmm... Let me try to explain a bit better :).
What i mean is:

I can't find the renewals section. Thanks :).

go to account manager
click on cusomer info and more
click on payments and renewing items
(you will see that the email accounts are set on autorenewal ON)
tick email account to disable.
click auto renew button in menu at top.
menu comes up.
click on disable auto renew.
voila! (after wait) :wave:

•••
Thanks for the instructions on disabling autorenewals.

Regards

•••
Thanks alot! I will be stocking up on domains soon, just regged 2 recently for like 1/3 the price!!! THANKS A TON! I think you deserve some reputation for this post :)

•••
I know I should really just try but can someone please tell me if this is limited to 1 domain at the price per account or can I purchase multiple domains at the discounted price within my account.

Thanks in advance

•••
flashpresence said:
I know I should really just try but can someone please tell me if this is limited to 1 domain at the price per account or can I purchase multiple domains at the discounted price within my account.

Thanks in advance

you can purchase multiple designs within your account but you need to purchase them one at a time. :wave:

correction!

yoshiwara said:
you can purchase multiple domain names within your account but you need to purchase them one at a time. :wave:

•••
Excellent news....and thanks for the reply. Time to find some names to actually purchase now B-)

•••
Thanks a bunch! :) Just went and tried it. Works as supposed to. Sweeeeet!

•••
It doesnt work anymore for me. Anyone else with this problem?

•••
I just tried it out and it doesn't work for me either. I tried both coupons, and USA6 still worked, but now USA1 only made the email free and the domain $9.20. I then tried it again, and the price of the domain showed up as $4.24, but the price of the email was $10, making it a total of $14.24. I tried the USA1 coupon code one more time, and it went back to the first pricing description I described. It appears the deal is over, though it was GREAT while it lasted.

Tom

•••
USA1 doesn't work for me either :(

•••
I've just tried ... got the same ... deal is over !

Grégoire.

•••
The deal must have been extremely popular for GoDaddy to end the deal early. I realize they were losing money with every domain sale, but I would think that it would take a lot of people taking advantage of this deal, for them to cancel the deal 2 days before it was supposed to end. Its ashame domain prices aren't always that low ;)

Tom

•••
Most likely they had a "break even" point that was reached early due to this being posted thruout the net.. I saw it posted not only on domain related forums but on a number of the "freebie" and coupon sites I frequent as well.. I suppose thousands of people took advantage of the offer.

jeter4982 said:
The deal must have been extremely popular for GoDaddy to end the deal early. I realize they were losing money with every domain sale, but I would think that it would take a lot of people taking advantage of this deal, for them to cancel the deal 2 days before it was supposed to end. Its ashame domain prices aren't always that low ;)

Tom

•••
dgridley said:
Most likely they had a "break even" point that was reached early due to this being posted thruout the net.. I saw it posted not only on domain related forums but on a number of the "freebie" and coupon sites I frequent as well.. I suppose thousands of people took advantage of the offer.

Ya, I agree with you, though its hard to imagine them breaking even when they are selling something at $3.24. But you never know,

Tom

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back