Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

aww

Established Member
Impact
GoDaddy $3.24 .com/.net/.org domain registration

On GoDaddy checkout use "expert mode"
(cart will initially show $9.20 per domain)
1. Enter code USA6 to get $1 off of your cart.
2. Enter code USA1 which will add one year of free email and drops your fee to $4.24
3. Checkout for $3.24

(Codes also work with .US for $2.99)

These codes might work on WildWest accounts as well.

Note that the email service that you added with your purchase is free for the first year, but they will charge you $10 each additional year automatically. If you do not want to use their email service, make sure you edit your account in the Renewals section and choose to cancel the email renewals any traffic fees associated with it.

This deal works with new registrations only. The $1 off code USA6 works with renewals too, so you can renew an existing domain name that you have with GoDaddy and save $1 per order.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hehe, what I should have said, they probably set the cut off point at x number of domain regs or dollars "lost" before the offer would expire. I'll wager 50% of the domains regged will be renewed at GoDaddy, either by the original owner or a push to a new owner. That's pretty respectable. If 50% renew at $8.95, they'll recover the bulk of the money they put out on the deal and can claim the rest as a promotional deduction.

jeter4982 said:
Ya, I agree with you, though its hard to imagine them breaking even when they are selling something at $3.24. But you never know,

Tom

•••
That is an extremely cool deal.

•••
dgridley said:
Hehe, what I should have said, they probably set the cut off point at x number of domain regs or dollars "lost" before the offer would expire. I'll wager 50% of the domains regged will be renewed at GoDaddy, either by the original owner or a push to a new owner. That's pretty respectable. If 50% renew at $8.95, they'll recover the bulk of the money they put out on the deal and can claim the rest as a promotional deduction.

Yep, very good point. Also, if a lot of those $10 "free" email accounts are renewed, than that is a lot more revenue as well. It will probably turn into a great promotion for them, as they will make a ton of cash, but it will just take a year before they get paid. B-)

Tom

thrash56 said:
That is an extremely cool deal.

It has just ended.

•••
It Ended???????????????????????

•••
We should demand it back. We should setup a petition or something to demand cheaper domains like $3.00 the least and $5.00 the most.

•••
... and then you woke up and realized it was all just a dream ;)

Humdizzy said:
We should demand it back. We should setup a petition or something to demand cheaper domains like $3.00 the least and $5.00 the most.

•••
Are you sure it ended? They said till March 31

•••
Codes aren't working...

emergence said:
Are you sure it ended? They said till March 31

•••
You're RIGHT! DAMN THEM!

I should've regged everything I had on my list today. I was under the impression the codes will stay working until the end of march.

•••
I just went to get another aswell :(.

Back to NameCheap :P

•••
I called them they said it was a glitch in the system that is why we got them for so cheep.. They were charging me 112$ for 8 names... :)

The think was that to get 3.24$ price you have to buy none domain product from them as well and that is EMAIL.. and that cost additional 10$ so you are acctualy paying 13$ not 3 like they were advertiseing... They told me that they wont charge me for their mistake but they said that it was a glitch.

Sorry all..

•••
Lots of money lost then... and it wsn't done on purpose for advertising :o.

•••
Back to Domainsite and Namecheap. :D

•••
It must have been a glitch. That's why it didn't work when you tried to put the codes the other way around.

•••
They were charging me 112$ for 8 names
Do you mean they are retroactively charging for names purchased?? Don't quite understand your meaning.

•••
That makes sense.. and that's the way I understood the original $3.99 promotion to work.

Nice to see they won't be charging us retroactively for their mistake... I believe most of us used the codes in good faith, believing they were a legitimate promotion.

This happens quite alot in the world of coupons and rebates tho.. I often see instances where people get items for free or actually make money on coupon or code deals.

I read recently where a woman got over $1000 worth of free film using a sale item and coupons... :)

bizzy said:
The think was that to get 3.24$ price you have to buy none domain product from them as well and that is EMAIL.. and that cost additional 10$ so you are acctualy paying 13$ not 3 like they were advertiseing... They told me that they wont charge me for their mistake but they said that it was a glitch.

Sorry all..

•••
code usa6 is still working

•••
Humdizzy said:

What we should do is get ICANN to take away Verisign's monopoly on .com .net and .org so that market forces can bring reg fees down to $0.26 a piece. :)

•••
If that happened, all of the decent domains would be gone within a matter of days, if that.

I believe that it is fine that they cost as much as they do now, as it stabilizes it a bit.

•••
Is a stable marketplace, lower registration fees, higher profit margins, and an improvement in social status asking too much? Domainers unite! We are the creme de la creme.... Hmm...(pant-pant), gotta find that code again. Time to book on over to Gddy, before the glitch get's fixed. (Seriously! Gotta recoup some of the $$ they made off of me that went into that commercial.) :D :tu:

•••
I got one transfer out of it - I guess that is better than nothing!

•••
Once at macys there was this glitch that all shipping was free and there was no tax. I brought a bunch of stuff with no tax and free overnight shipping. I like shopping cart glitches.

•••
•••
juice99 said:
any similar deals out there? so far i've found www.myvaluehost.com with $4 per domain

Ya, but you have to buy hosting:

Purchase up to 10 domain names for $4.00 per domain name for the first year when ordering a yearly or a quarterly hosting plan.

I don't know if you will ever see a $3.24 domain promotion ever, let alone in the recent future. I think the $5 range is attainable if you catch a great sale, but no lower than that.

Tom

•••
jeter4982 said:
Ya, but you have to buy hosting:

I don't know if you will ever see a $3.24 domain promotion ever, let alone in the recent future. I think the $5 range is attainable if you catch a great sale, but no lower than that.

Tom

no, you are wrong.

You just need to click "No Thanks. Just order my domain(s)" when they ask you for hosting.

there is more such offers like domainsarefree.com - $3.99 per domain and it started one year ago. (its Globat, and they are Tucows reseller)

but 1) myvaluehost.com offer is limited to 10 domains per customer
2) domainsarefree.com is refusing my Credit Card (no idea why...)

so im looking for something similar. if Globat can offer $4 domains for 1 year, im sure there are others that can do the same.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back