IT.COM

discuss How has January 2024 been for you so far?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
Well, @twiki, used to start this kind of threads, but he is gone now? :)
My January has been dry, no sales and only 2 enquiries. My last sale was in November (3K).
I have 500 names now and I had 15K sales in 2023.
I'm trying my best to build a quality portfolio, holding only names that really worth a renewal fee.
What about you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quite strange
Got a mid xxx$ sale on a .org and a 8K sale on sedo that didn’t went through.
A couple of low ball leads and nothing more

•••
I was lucky to have a 4K sale as my first ever sale in domaining back in 2022. While it felt great to have such a high sale as your first one, that probably was a bit misleading as well, because I increased the prices of my names to similar levels in 2023. I probably lost a couple sales due to high prices. Many leads went nowhere. My prices are reasonable for 2024.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah , it might be a double edged sword.
The same thing happened to me.
I started domaining about April 2023 and it went very well so far.
I’ve had 5 sales , 3 of them in 4 fig range
My guess is I got very very lucky , nothing more.

•••
My January has been dry, no sales and only 2 enquiries. My last sale was in November (3K).
I'm trying my best to build a quality portfolio, holding only names that really worth a renewal fee.
What about you?
I’m a newbie in the domain industry, wish me best of luck
I’m still learning 😊

•••
I’m a newbie in the domain industry, wish me best of luck
I’m still learning 😊
Welcome, and best of luck to you.

If you had to name 5 things you learned about domain investing in January, which would you name?

•••
Welcome, and best of luck to you.

If you had to name 5 things you learned about domain investing in January, which would you name?
Being creative
To always make sure one is following the domain trend
To always go for 1-3 worded .com domain
One should be patient enough while making research
One should always treat domain investing as a business

•••
•••
Pretty decent with 2x 1k sales (both reported on NP) I guess the reason is because about 2 months ago I decided to cut prices by around 30% as I'm planning to transit away from domaining.

Last edited:
•••
What about you?
Not gone, just having no time to post anymore, long story.

Just one xxxx range sale this month. Fingers crossed as 30/31th usually bring sales.

•••
Hello everyone, It's good to meet you all as I'm new here.:xf.wink:

•••
Just good as Sold a Website at low $xxxx and Some low $xx range domains.

Expecting more sales in coming months.

•••
Depressing, 0 since December til now

•••
I've had single blinding months in the past but in general I don't think my sales would ever stand up to monthly scrutiny. I always like to look back on Year-to-Date, Keeps everything in perspective. I'm quite fascinated by those that can identify / predict good months or even good times of the month must be quite some rolling turn-over

•••
Last year I had no sales till April that I had 2 x 3K and one 3K sale that did happen last minute.
All those in three consecutive days in April, while I had no sales from November to March.
My 2024 portfolio is larger and better in terms of quality and pricing than last year's portfolio, let's see what happens.

Last edited:
•••
January has been pretty weak in the end, broke even I guess. February so far, only tiny clearance sales. But who knows. Keeping positive. Domaining is the long game.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back