Dynadot

discuss How Many LinkedIn or OpenCorporate Results Needed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wondering how many Company results from OpenCorporates or LinkIn you like to see before registering a domain?

I guess, technically, as long as there is even 1 company using a name you have a potential end-user.

But, realistically, how many companies do you like to see using a name before making it worthwhile to register?

I'm talking about hand reg here.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on the industry and I learned the hard way. Some industries really don't care about domains much. Ever try selling an exact match domain to a low cost (privately owned pizza, cheap restaurant etc.) food establishment? How about to a limo service or towing company or locksmith? Could you find the exception? Yes, but why gamble heavy?

The less an industry cares about domains the more potential end users you'd want.

When I say care about domains I mean cares about spending more than XXX for a name.

One way to check if you will have an easy or hard time selling to a industry is to lookup what the CPC's for that industry is and how competitive it is. The more expensive CPC is the better chance you will have to find a buyer in that industry even if your domain is not a keyword domain. The people in that industry already understand that certain things within digital marketing cost more than a 5 dollar fiverr gig (or to get the worthless service super fast add another 10 bucks) and this is why it helps to always pitch a name as a marketing benefit as well.

•••
Hi

i don't check any of them, before acquiring a domain.

imo...

•••
Depends on the industry and I learned the hard way. Some industries really don't care about domains much. Ever try selling an exact match domain to a low cost (privately owned pizza, cheap restaurant etc.) food establishment? How about to a limo service or towing company or locksmith? Could you find the exception? Yes, but why gamble heavy?

The less an industry cares about domains the more potential end users you'd want.

When I say care about domains I mean cares about spending more than XXX for a name.

One way to check if you will have an easy or hard time selling to a industry is to lookup what the CPC's for that industry is and how competitive it is. The more expensive CPC is the better chance you will have to find a buyer in that industry even if your domain is not a keyword domain. The people in that industry already understand that certain things within digital marketing cost more than a 5 dollar fiverr gig (or to get the worthless service super fast add another 10 bucks) and this is why it helps to always pitch a name as a marketing benefit as well.
Thanks, AEP!! Great, great points!

I often don't remember to consider things like CPC , but have been trying to create a checklist of qualities to consider.

Your points about considering the CPC s and how high they are vs number of companies in OpenCorporates using that term are are much appreciated!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back