IT.COM

Just sold my first domain at Afternic.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
So, in my latest video I talked about uploading everything into Afternic, and pointing all my domains to their relative Afternic buy it now pages.

Well, I just sold my first domain through this method.

I will reveal the information once the deal is finalized ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congrats on the sale. Hopefully, the first of many!

•••
•••
Congratulations!
I have put some of my domains for sale in Afternic, will now point to respective domain sale pages.

•••
•••
Isn't one sale a too small sample size to draw conclusion?

•••
Do you think this may work just as good or better at sedo?

•••
Thanks! Not a large sale, but it proves the system does indeed work. Especially when I tell you the domain.
I'm watching the thread. :)

•••
Isn't one sale a too small sample size to draw conclusion?
Nothing is final, but, it worked. If it works once, it has the ability to do so again. At least in my head.

Do you think this may work just as good or better at sedo?
I've sold a few domains through Sedo, and the experience was great. But, this has proven to be the quickest, and easiest method so far.

As @Recons.Com mentioned, you can't conclude based on one sample, but I can feel at ease knowing the system works. And if it repeats in this manner, then I have no option but to scale it.

More data to come as time goes on. Only thing I can do is test, adjust, re-test, and repeat.

•••
Congrats on the sale Ali.

Have you thought about cutting the middle man out, and having a sales page of your own with a BIN through PP or escrow? I'm going to start doing this soon with domains I am willing to sell cheaper.

Previously I have had 'make offer' or landing pages that just say the domain name and some contact information.

Was any outreach done as well?

•••

Have you thought about cutting the middle man out, and having a sales page of your own with a BIN through PP or escrow? I'm going to start doing this soon with domains I am willing to sell cheaper.

Previously I have had 'make offer' or landing pages that just say the domain name and some contact information.

I think Bodis has a BIN page with direct Escrow.com link

•••

Yup, I have thought it about it almost obsessively. Building my own personal domain marketplace is going to happen... eventually. I think that every domain investors wants that.

I haven't cut the middle man out (Afternic) for a few reasons, but most importantly because it's such a large network. More eyeballs to see domains, brokers on standby, I never have to worry about double selling my domains (by having them up as Buy It Now in more than 1 place). I just buy, price, upload, repeat. I will happily pay 20% to have the selling side covered for me.

If I plan to stay in and ahead of the game, I have to see what works best and what is the most scalable. And for me, I want to move towards being more active on the buying side, and more "upper management" on the selling side ;)

Again, this is all but a test, and the data is still too young to assess fully, but I'm happy so far.

Btw - To answer your questions, no out reach was done on this one. Someone found it on their own doing.

•••
Especially when I tell you the domain.

LOL

How many domains have you uploaded to Afternic so far, Ali?

I've been doing the same. With my names that are not eligible for fast-transfer, I'm changing nameservers to Bodis and utilizing the Escrow.com lander with BIN.

•••
I have to see what works best and what is the most scalable.

That is truly the key indeed.

Per your afternic recommendation I am going to pick 100 domains and try 50% afternic BIN and for the other half 50% in-house BIN with PP and outreach. Keeping the BIN prices attractive.

I've been burning the midnight oil on dev for a private 'marketplace' over the last week, and working on landing pages that would funnel a visitor from interest to purchase.

Hopefully some of these strategies will increase sale turnaround time.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, I'll let you know how it works out for me.

•••
Thanks for the info ZandiBot, will give this a shot as well and see how it goes.

•••
Interesting, especially having just read some of the terrible Afternic reviews here on NP. I will have to check out your last vid.

I've been parking everything at EFTY. I like the direct communication with the lead.

•••
As @Recons.Com mentioned, you can't conclude based on one sample, but I can feel at ease knowing the system works. And if it repeats in this manner, then I have no option but to scale it.

of course you can judge a method if it works ;)

congrats, my friend
that looks good to me!

•••
Congrats! I'm going to give it a try as well, especially that Afternic is finally available in Ukraine after a long time :)

•••
Congrats, but you are a good motivator and showing new ways to market domains. I really like your methods. Keep going..

•••
Congrats bro! Wish you many more to come!
Repeat and scale right? ;)

•••
Congrats! I've just put a bunch of my domains there... Will see.

•••
Congrats Ali, wish you some more sales!

Will be excited for that method since Afternic is the only marketplace where I've never sold anything.

•••
Congrats on the sale. Can't wait to see what the domain was. I'm guessing it was a hand reg. and a quick flip for about $500.

•••
I uploaded some domain names to Afternic. In the last few years I sold only one name. We will see. I think I need to play with the BIN prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back